Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 10.42.0 Beta 2 is Now Available!!

Hey Jamf Nation!We've just released Jamf Pro 10.42.0 Beta 2. We've added support for Apple's Declarative Device Management along with a few refinements and fixes. Jamf Pro 10.42.0 Beta features many fixes and some exciting new enhancements including ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 3 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.41 Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation, Today we are releasing Jamf Pro 10.41. To learn more about this release and the product issues it addresses, review the release notes here. Cloud Upgrade Schedule Your Jamf Pro server, including any free sandbox environments, will ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 3 kudos

Unable to manually enroll a device

Hey guys, I was trying to enroll iPhone 6S Plus on 10.2.1. Wasn't able to on that particular phone for some reason. I tried on another similar device and was successfully able to manually enroll it. I was able to install and trust the CA cert but was...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Software Updates

Has something been created so that you can only search for Apple Specific Updates that are available and not installed. I am seeing that there is a Smart Group that can be created for the need of all Software Updates needed, but that includes all app...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

VM Fusion Updates Packaging

I am sure there is a way to capture the VM Fusion updates. VM Fusion is trying to update and I want to capture that and make it available in Self Service. Do I use composer to capture changes in my system to package the update? I did not find cumulat...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Prestage Enrollment not working

Hello, I am trying to set up prestage enrollment for iPads at my company. I followed the instructions listed in the guide by integrating JSS with DEP, however, once I select the prestage options and then go to scope I have no devices listed there and...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Testing Classroom 2.0

Hi all I'm testing Apple Classroom 2.0 out here in the school with a handful of teachers.We want to use the Classroom app without mdm being involved(because without it is so much faster with only Bluetooth connection), so I deleted the teachers in th...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

lpoptions and Xerox 7760DN

Hi ya'll. I've been tasked with setting a default for a Xerox 7760DN for single-side printing. However I don't see a key to control that with lpoptions. The GUI reveals controls for 2-sided: Long-Edge binding and Short-Edge binding. But lpoptions doe...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service App Permission

I cannot for the life of me figure this out. I've got an Application I put out on Self Service that won't allow students to open it. I used Composer to create a PKG (and a DMG) attached it to the policy. It installs no problem, Applications is whitel...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Quick Caching Server Question

Does the Caching Server prioritize Apple updates? What I mean by that is, if the macOS installer gets cached for example, can I be confident it will always be there or, if it isn't used in a while, could it get overwritten by other stuff?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

macOS Sierra Update 10.12.4 issue and fix

We have noticed an issue with the new 10.12.4 update and 13" MacBook Pro (w/ touchbar). In order to block this update, without blocking the App Store, we are pushing the following script in a policy: #!/bin/bash sudo softwareupdate --ignore "macOS" s...  View more

• 59 replies
  • 0 kudos

No profiles deployed to new Lion computer

I'm doing some testing before I roll out Jamf to all my Macs. I have a Lion VM in VMware Fusion, it enrolled with JAMF but no Configuration Profiles beyond the MDM profile were installed even although some profiles are applied to all computers. JSS 9...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf 100 Training Course

Hello Jamf Nation, I am excited to introduce the Jamf 100 training course. The Jamf 100 is an online, self-paced course that combines video lecture from Jamf instructors with direct links to relevant documentation and resources alongside practical ex...  View more

• 21 replies
  • 3 kudos

New Features for iOS 10.3

Hi All!!We have lots of folks here, myself included, who are doing a Happy Dance over new iOS Features in jamf pro 9.98 and iOS 10.3:Thank you Apple (about time!) , Thank you jamf!!! At long last, in case you missed it:SHUTDOWN (by Group)RESTART (by ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adding keychain entry script errors

I have created a script reading bits on here and man pages but can't get it working. There are 2 scripts. one is for login keychain the other System. Both error: Script result: /Library/Application Support/JAMF/tmp/TM Server Auth login: line 3: unexp...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Reporting on Mac App Store Apps?

So, we started deploying apps like OneDrive through Mac App Store Apps in JAMF pro, and I'm trying to report on the installations for various reasons. When I look at the MacAppStore Apps install for OneDrive I see our total licenses purchased, usage,...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Reporting on Mac App Store Apps?

So, we started deploying apps like OneDrive through Mac App Store Apps in JAMF pro, and I'm trying to report on the installations for various reasons. When I look at the MacAppStore Apps install for OneDrive I see our total licenses purchased, usage,...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Editing in JSS doesn't stick

Maybe I'm missing something straightforward, but whenever I edit any details (computer names, user name, location) the change does not stick. The field always reverts back to the pre-edited state. Anybody else experienced this? We're running 9.97.  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dutch Meetings

Hello, On the Jamf website I see meetings in the us and some other countries, Will there ever be an meeting in the Netherlands? Would be cool to meet dutch user also!  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Clear local LDAP Cache per user

Hello, Maybe I am not looking at the right places on this site, But, the location of our AD home directories have been changed, on mac's that are all ready "know" the student who logs in, the Mac stil wants to map to the old location, and then it fai...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

PKI cerfiticate - Mac

I am trying to enroll a PKI certificate to a Mac I have found this article from apple https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204602 But I am unable to find these fields on the Mac server, that is described in above link Starting from Payload detailsThe Pr...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Need help with System Pref General Setting

I am looking to change all of my users System preferences --> General --> set 'Show scroll bars' to 'Always'. I didnt see it in "managed Preferences" so I am wondering how to set this in jamf for my users.  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP icons have disappeared from Self Service

Hi - this is a quick question (I think) that I wanted to run by you guys before raising a support ticket. This morning my primary JSS (i.e. Tomcat) restarted or something and I found it stuck "Reading tables" on the JSS startup progress bar in my bro...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors