Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Google Drive reverting back to older version

As of this morning, some users are experiencing an issue where there google drive version somehow reverted from 2.34 to 1.32, and thus results in the attached popup The policy hasn't been touched in ages, and everything seemed to be going smoothly un...  View more

c179fcb1da744779a54940b983d22d78
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service - Login

Hi All I just wanted to ask everyone's opinion on the need to authentication when signing into SelfService. Just wanted to hear the Pro's and Con's  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Carbon Black Kernal Panic

Has anyone found a fix for the Bit9 (Carbon Black Protect) or Carbon Black Response kernel panic? This was caused by having CB installed and installing the Security Update 2018-001.  View more

• 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

Ipad Kiosk Mode - WiFI Failure

HiWe are testing using intune to deploy an app in Kiosk mode with devices DEP enrolled. Everything is working great but we are trying to plan for different scenarios. Anyone know what happens when there is a Wi-Fi failure, if you're in Kiosk mode you...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automated High Sierra Upgrade with nobody logged in?

We are a University with open access labs with a lot of Macs.There are no admins that use the computers, they are used by students who are restricted. It's therefore difficult to try to push macOS upgrade. This is actually our first in place upgrade ...  View more

• 34 replies
  • 1 kudos

Managing local user accounts from the JSS.

Today I noticed that I can send a command from the JSS to remove local user accounts on Macs. It doesn't show up on all. I am trying to figure out the criteria to see this. I thought it may be High Sierra, some of my High Sierra Macs show this option...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 1 kudos

iPad Passcode Configuration Profile is Failing

Hi all, I am somewhat new to Jamf Pro and have deployed it to several iPads with multiple config profiles across different group of iPads. I recently create a passcode for a new group of "Production iPads" that is the exact same profile as I've used ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Canon Printers Pausing

Hello, We are installing Canon printers with a PS driver and a fiery driver with our Casper Image. The push of these drivers via our image is fine but every once in awhile the Canon printers will pause for the users and they need to call the help des...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Check on Jamfcloud

We are a MSP that manages 25+ Jamf servers. I have set up Casper Check on most of them, which are hosted either in our data center or on-site at the client location. I need to set up Casper Check for a client's Jamf Cloud instance. In the caspercheck...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Inspiration

Hi Everyone I'm looking ideas solutions people have configure in their work environments to improve the use of Jamf and made life easier for yourselves and end users. I was hoping you could enlighten me :)  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Shared iPad autolock time

Does anyone know of a way to make the Autolock time longer than default on a shared iPad deployment? Students are complaining that it locks the device too quickly when they are referencing it as a textbook.  View more

• 22 replies
  • 2 kudos

Disable Safari

Looking for reasons why disabling Safari on all our corporate Mac's could be a bad idea. We are looking at some security software that doesn't work within Safari and their solution is to block it and have users use Chrome only. Looking for some help ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf And Intune integration

Hello We recently followed the guidelines to integrate JAMF and Intune.It’s working fine, we are now able to apply conditional access policies that require MAC to be compliant. But the user experience on the register process is a pain, to many inputs...  View more

2efdb122a40d47e0aeae55700616a323 a7268ec21eb64465b4a6f724bcca8f69 3df64c3ae5b54a61a606c4eb9f15d63f c3fcc6fc94c14617b486da0423be78ae
  • 11 replies
  • 2 kudos

Creating a Launch Daemon to Open an Application

Good afternoon, Please let me know if this isn't the correct tool for what I want to acheive. We are a school and we use FortiClient Anti-Virus on our student and faculty machines. Sometimes after a while FortiClient icon will disappear from the top ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Admin Replication - Which way is best?

In jamf Admin > Preferences> Replication you are given 3 attributes to compare contents on each Distribution points while replicating. In your opinion, which option would be the most reliable ? 1. File Size2. Modification Date3. Checksum  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setting up a second file share DP

Curious as to if anyone has some tips on this. I've set up a second Fileshare DP in a separate building. How do I get it to replicate files if it's local only but on a different site? Do I have to manually transfer everything or could I just write a ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pairing Managed iPad to iTunes

I have an iPad that was enrolled without the "Pairing" option checked off in the enrollment profile. I have since turned enabled that check box for all newly enrolled iPads but even with "Allow Pairing with non-configurator hosts" checked off in rest...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Firefox - Mac

Does anyone have some tricks for firefox regarding certificates.As Company we have some certificates we normally apply to system in keychain and chrome looks inside this and works fine But for firefox it seems that it has it own way of handling certi...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script to name computers to SerialNumber

This post is for people who are looking to name their computers to it's serial number. The script can be run with a policy at recurring check-in. Obviously there are multiple ways to set the computer name and the jamf binary can do it as well. If any...  View more

• 21 replies
  • 7 kudos

Help...I FUBAR'd...

This is what I get for not paying attention to the memos. Long story short, our users are getting...vocally adamant about upgrading to High Sierra. Couple that with the new hardware coming in, we're kind of on the verge of a log jam. That being said,...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

HTTPS for Distribution Point on Linux

Trying to setup a more secure load balanced distribution point environment. Currently have HTTP and SAMBA distribution point using port 80 on RHEL. Due to security concerns, need to secure it by using HTTPS and TLS 1.2. Could not find information on ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors