Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 10.41.0 Beta 2 now available!

Hey Jamf Nation!We've just released Jamf Pro 10.41.0 Beta 2. This is our compatibility release with the new operating systems coming from Apple this fall. There are a number of updated or new keys, a GSX Update, and updates to the Azure AD migration ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 2 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.40.1 Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation, Today we are releasing Jamf Pro 10.40.1. To learn more about this release and the product issues it addresses, please read the Jamf Pro 10.40.1 release notes here. Cloud Upgrade Schedule Your Jamf Pro server, including any free san...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Login window image customisation?

I've seen how to customise the background of the login window on OS X 10.10 and 10.11 using /Library/Caches/com.apple.desktop.admin.png, but what I'd like to know is how to figure out where on the image the overlaid elements like the login fields, ba...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Powerpoint Default Slide Show Mode Scripting

I am trying to programatically (bash or Applescript or similar) set the option in Powerpoint 2016 for "Always start Presenter View with 2 displays" to off.It looks like the settings are stored in a SQL db, it also looks like there are various options...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Finding Institutional Recovery Key

Hello, I'm trying to get institutional recovery key for one of our machines. The user of it has left the company and the machine is in a different physical location. When I find the machine in our JSS and look in the management tab it says that FileV...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Export Serials from Smart Group

Hi all, I couldn't find a way to do this via JSS and there doesn't appear to be anything on here about it. Is there an easy way to pull the serial numbers from every computer in a smart group?  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Computers not in a site

Interesting question here - What's the best way to scope to a dynamic group of computers not assigned to a site? University setting. The global level is campus wide and each of our Colleges and/or major departments are grouped into different sites wi...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 2 kudos

Google Chrome Trusted Sites

I'm running Google Chrome 56.0.2924.87 and need to deploy a setting where all Mac's trust *.sample.com in Chrome. Any suggestions on the best method? Thanks!  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Request Desktop Site Via Webclip

Good afternoon everyone! Curious if anyone knows how to build in the "request desktop site" into the Web Clip function. I have a website that works well in desktop mode on an iPad however it is for PreK/K children and having them open it in desktop m...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Computers showing up in policy outside of scope

Hi, I been having a problem with my policies where I created a smart group for our printing policy and set the scope to target only this group for all users. The policy works and is able to send to all the computers in the group but also a couple of ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cisco ISE and Casper as MDM

Hello! I have Cisco ISE and Casper joined and communicating. Yet, Cisco ISE reports registered and enrolled devices and not registered and not enrolled. Am I missing some configuration in either systems? Thanks!  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best Practice for Mapping Printers, IP or Print Server?

Hello everyone, I'm wondering what best practices is to map printers to be installed either via policy or via self service. According to the JAMF documentation it says to use URI or IP based mapping, however, I'm assuming that this isn't taking into ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Android Version 7 Creating Issues with MDM Policy

Hi All, I've recently had a few users reach out to me about our MDM policy erroring out for anyone on Android version 7, the new version that came out. We have an mdm policy that is required for our company email to function on mobile so this could c...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script to give unique hostname based on username

Hey everyone,I spent a bit of time working on a script that allows you to create a unique hostname to every device based on the users' username in the JSS and making it as vendor agnostic as possible so anyone can plug-and-play. This script makes an ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

SCCM Plug-in 3.51 Now Available

A new and improved SCCM Plug-in is here! The SCCM Plug-in version 3.51 fixes two product issues: SCCM Plug-in 3.51 allows the Plug-in to work as intended regardless of whether TLSv1 is disabled SCCM Plug-in 3.51 corrects the date used for the “Last H...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploystudio - new Netboot set

I have got the new macbooks and the netboot set is not valid anymore. I have done this many times before, but somehow I simply can not get this working. I boot the new macbook pro in target disk mode- and install deploystudio on another mac, and run ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Samsung Printer

Hi I deployed some Samsung printers with the JSS. The printers were added to the JSS by Casper Admin. Drivers are from Apple: https://support.apple.com/kb/DL905 If I want to print then every Application is crashing and I get following error: Process:...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Rebooting and bypassing an encryption login.

Hi, I would like to add a self service button to reboot a machine which bypasses encryption. The reason for this is because when performing upgrades/maintenance remotely via Remote Desktop, Casper Remote etc. When rebooting a machine that is encrypte...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploying Chrome Extensions - Help!

Hi Everyone I've been having some issues the last week trying to force install chrome extensions using Jamf. Basically, my boss has asked me to install a chrome extension on all users machines that will change the "New Tab" page on chrome to our comp...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restrict items on a specific Pane (Users & Groups)

At the moment I have a configuration profile that restrict access to "Users & Groups" in "System Preferences", I would like to enable it just for the owner of the mac, with restrictions inside the pane "Users & Groups"see picture for more details (I ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro 9.98 beta 2 is now available

The second and final beta build is now available for Jamf Pro 9.98. We’re gearing up to offer zero-day support for new operating systems from Apple (iOS 10.3, macOS 10.12.4 and tvOS 10.2). What’s new in beta 2: Functionality from our first Jamf Pro 9...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dropbox Smart Sync

Dropbox now offers a smart sync options for the files. Has anyone found a script that will force everyone to use smart sync for all new or existing file structures?  View more

• 8 replies
  • 4 kudos

Stop phishing attempts...

We are seeing an uptick in phishing emails at the college. In the most recent attack, an attached pdf was used to phish for email user names and passwords. The security team is asking me if I can block a specific file, in this case a pdf, from being ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cisco AnyConnect 4.4

I have created a custom .pkg for Cisco AnyConnect. It seems that after install the service isn't running so you have to reboot for the vpn to work. Can I make this as a post install script with composer and what service would that be?  View more

• 40 replies
  • 2 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors