Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Errors Deploying 10.13.3 Combo Update

I am having issues deploying the 10.13.3 Combo Update. Loaded the combo .pkg into Jamf Admin Tried creating policy to install and it just failsCreated Policy to Cache Package then install same issue as beforeCreated Cache Policy and the Install polic...  View more

• 31 replies
  • 1 kudos

process name for Composer?

Wondered if anyone knew the process name for Composer when it's open. Seems like our security app is blocking it from launching fully (after the authentication it just closes). So working with our info sec guys to allow it, but when launching Compose...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Create a local account from LDAP during DEP.

I've been playing around with DEP and user creation when staging a computer for users. We have a 1:1 environment. I have ticked in Require Authentication and Skip Account Creation in our PreStage Enrollment, so a new user must authenticate with their...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Deploying Chrome Prefs

Hey Guys.. I'm having difficulty with Chrome prefs. I have the requirement of several local accounts that need to open with Chrome to a specific website for each account. I created the local accounts with the same UID so the prefs work for macOS stuf...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problem installing webclips on IOS 11.2.x

Since the introduction of IOS 11.2.x we've seen an issue where configuration profiles with webclip payloads won't install. The error seen is "The data couldn’t be read because it isn’t in the correct format". Removing the webclips payload allows it t...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Push Notification Issues

Since this year I had some issues to do prestage enrollment with DEP devices, I already did the renovar of APN and VPP, but this issue persist, checking the logs I saw the next warn and I think that is the cause that I'm getting this issue: [WARN ] [...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 2 kudos

Tracking DEP/Pre-Stage enrolled computers

Does anyone have any easy ways (EA perhaps?) to show/track DEP assignment in general inventory searches? I'm just now starting to leverage DEP and would like to be able to see at a glance if it's DEP enabled model or not. There's a column in inventor...  View more

8ef9a602ac97450d8a1caf00ff6abaa0
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

ManagedButUninstalled

Just pushed out an app from our VPP to an iPad, and JAMF is listing this for the app. What is that all about? It is in the Installed list of Apps. It is PUSHED out to the iPad (not installed via Self Service). She is telling me the App says "Waiting"...  View more

ce9168a8b7ea47be80173cfb8b51b590
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

2018-001 & Safari Update causing crashes on 10.12.6

As an FYI - we have Apple auto-updating and they released the specter/meltdown fixes. I've started getting a few people bringing me machines that are now crashing on boot up after installing, incl rebuilds that ran the updates. Anybody else seeing si...  View more

• 72 replies
  • 4 kudos

3rd Party Patch Reporting with a Proxy

JAMF Nation, We have been on a very long and arduous journey with 3rd Party Patching and would like to share our findings with anyone who might care to read this. We had been tasked with getting 3PP up and running in our enterprise environment. As wi...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Removing network service

Hey all, I'm hoping someone may be able to help with this. I had posted this in Slack, but I still have yet to figure it out. Some of our students (in their infinite wisdom) have installed the "Betternet VPN" from the App Store to circumvent our filt...  View more

a26444621a3f4192b590d495d0b9b68f
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf pro 10 - Scroll bar issues

not comfortable with scroll bar in JAMF pro 10, when you go to search inventory or when you try to add target scope... scroll bar are not in floating or static in page when scroll need appear. Horizontal scroll bar gets appear only when you scroll un...  View more

2b40e65ef7be47d6a88374f4fc452c5c 470739365c23435591e3b2bfff9b5f8e
  • 0 replies
  • 3 kudos

GarageBand 10.2 complete install recipe?

Can anyone suggest a recipe to do a complete installation of GarageBand 10.2 in a multi user, school lab environment on Sierra. App, all sounds and loops, indexed, receipts, no admin login, soup to nuts. We have tried several of the posted methods wi...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Patch Management Question

This may be a dumb question, but does patch management only apply to devices with the particular software title installed or will it apply to all devices? For instance, we have a policy running to install Flash on every device and Im considering usin...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

macOS Patch management on Jamf Pro 10.1.1-t1513360285

Hello,I was wondering if anyone has tried using this to schedule and deploy OS upgrades/updates?We've tried setting up a combo update of 10.13.2 (from 10.13.1) through Self service and it looks to work (no real info from the UI telling us the %done o...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service URL Formats for Categories?

Hello! We're starting to use the new Self Service URL format for staff communication.Policies take the following URL format:jamfselfservice://content?entity=policy&id=792&action=view Due to Google Mail's stripping of application-specific hyperlinks, ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS Updates

Hello, What is everyone's experience with iOS updates? I manage around 200 iPads and they are all in Single App Mode. When doing iOS update, I feel like you can get lucky, where it will go past post iOS update screens or you get unlucky and you actua...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors