Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Lab Environment Set External Monitor Arrangement (Left)

Hello everyone, I have a few machines in a lab environment where the primary iMac is attached to an external monitor. Once a new user logs into the machine, the external display automatically displays to the right of the primary iMac by default. Has ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scoping Software to Users Not Working

Hello: One of our software applications has an update that we'd like to scope to a group of users. The software has a policy that's enabled, has a "Logout" Trigger checked and the Execution Frequency as "Ongoing." We have it set as scoping to a Stati...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable Logout Save State for all users on macOS

Does anyone know how to Disable Logout Save State for all users on macOS? Disable Logout Save State /usr/bin/defaults write com.apple.loginwindow TALLogoutSavesState -bool false/usr/bin/defaults write com.apple.loginwindow LoginwindowLaunchesRelaunch...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP and Multiple MDM Servers

My company uses two different MDM's for managing iPads and Mac Laptops. Before you ask, I have already tried to get them to move the iPads over to JAMF with no success. :) Still working on that. The problem I have is that we have the iPad MDM set up ...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

macOS Notification Prompts

Hi Folks, Does anyone know how to suppress the macOS notifications when enabling automatic updates? Per screenshot. We had to enable security updates on our workstations and ever since we did, users are also receiving the macOS High Sierra prompt to ...  View more

5bcb101bbc4e43b9b2a09aee31e3975d
  • 14 replies
  • 1 kudos

App Store

Hi All Does anyone know of a way to update mac applications that were installed via App store without the need to use AppleID?  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration Profiles Not Being Applied

I sure hope that this is so easy that you all snicker and make fun of how inept I am. Since updating to Jamf Pro 10 on December 7th, configuration profiles are not being applied to existing and newly deployed iMacs. I have confirmed that all necessar...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recon Missing Data

I have a few systems in my deployment where recon will not populate any installed certificates or profiles. This is a very small percentage of systems , but no matter how many times i enroll or run recon on these systems that data is never collected....  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP Creating "Groups" in Users Pane

Hello Everyone, Our district has very limited exposure with High Sierra, so I am unsure as to if the issue lies with JAMF or if it's just expected behavior in H.S. We are setting up a lab via DEP, and when we go into Users and Groups, every individua...  View more

3e9d2e7d48bf4c7596b985d07f7c1b4e
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Alternative to AirDefence

Hi all hopefully someone can help. We have been using AirDefence for a while which has worked fine with all our ethernet adapters (official Apple and Inateck) on Yosemite and El Capitan. Since upgrading machines to Sierra we have noticed it no longer...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

ASM Re-creating a Deleted User

We have Classes created using the Sync from Infinite Campus to ASM. We had a student whose first & Last name were transposed in Campus, and synced as such in ASM, and then to JamfPro. Currently I have deleted the student from ASM, and then synced ASM...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Syntax for installing Safari 11.0.2 latest patch

We would like to solely push the 11.0.2 update for Safari via the a script using either Casper Remote or a policy but I can't seem to be able to find the correct syntax to do so. I ran software update --list but did not find the correct actual spelli...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Shutting down a launchagent with Casper?

I'm needing to uninstall some software on High Sierra and Sierra but first I need to shut it down. Below is the launchctl line I can use if I want to shut it down when I'm logged in. How can I do this in an automated fashion through Casper? If I have...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Questions about DEP and using it to replace imaging.

Hey all, We've been using JAMF for the last few years, but have stuck with deploying large images instead of workflow-based deployment. Recently, I've been testing package deployment and love it (using JAMF Imaging and an unbooted-OS made by AutoDMG)...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cannot view Feature Requests via any of the sorting

When I go to JAMF Nation > Feature Requests > View By Release, the page that loads is completely blank. I recall it working as of at least just before Jamf Pro 10 came out. Is it working for anyone else? The link in question: https://www.jamf.com/jam...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.1.1 Disappearing Dashboard?

Hello! Last week we upgraded to Jamf Pro 10.1.1. Unfortunately, we're having some problems with the dashboard in the new version. When logging in (or refreshing the index.html page) I see the UI and various dashboard boxes, but after a moment, the da...  View more

bc0d007759cb40c5800172f77fff5169 fcd7b6a651fe4d83a55358b6623eec22
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Respondus LockDown Browser for iPad

Hey Everyone, We have been using Respondus' LockDown Browser for Mac for a few years now. Recently they came out with an iPad app that does not require the use of Guided Access in order for an iPad to be locked into their app for assessments. I have ...  View more

83ad2f07df984196990dd9393ee581f3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP - OS Upgrades via Remote Commands

We have a few DEP enrolled Computers in our JSS and I wanted to take advantage of the Remote Commands available to run through the OS upgrades from 10.13.0 to 10.13.2. After completing the "Download and Install Updates" button it is marked as complet...  View more

dfa459d9f1e2421d915e4698c80cb922 0ee54d5d6c2141c78175830c4b544bcf
  • 1 replies
  • 2 kudos

Safari version and build version search?

Hi All, With the updates released by Apple yesterday. I am trying to run a search to get a list of employees that have updated installed the updates. Does anyone have any recommendations of what would be the best way to get this report? (Example: Saf...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors