Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Guest account management of Dock?

So after talking to Jamf support, they suggested I make a discussion here about how you guys manage your dock on a guest account. We use guest accounts for a lot of our non-personal computers( Library, labs, etc) and have always had a history of stru...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service app Crashing on launch

This is a new MBP running 10.13.2, after enrollment, I'm able to start Self Service and login, but shortly after it crashes and won't launch again. Here is the crash report, any help is appreciated. Process: Self Service [3251]Path: /Applications/Sel...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Deleting Fonts at Imaging time

Im trying to do two things that I know I'll be told I shouldn't be doing. First, I'm trying to clean out /Library/Fonts/ of all contents. Second, I'm trying to delete select fonts from /System/Library/Fonts. I dont have the ability to use Universal T...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Change Login Name

A while back I used the script from the thread below to Rename the user account on student computers. Now I am testing out LanSchool and I need use the Login Name of the computer to create classes. The issue is all of the login names are "student", i...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Custom Triggers Script

Hi. I was wondering if there's a script available that will allow me to trigger all of my policies in the order I desire. Uploaded my current script (not fully grasped the usage of scripts yet) I'd like it to be a manual trigger for all of my policie...  View more

d5bdd80d5433471bbb60fd0aa3971d8b 204c77f06e0c47db91760d3d7a2c2f96
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problem with Proxy and Skype for Business

Hi All, We having issue with the Skype for Business. Once the computer goes into sleep mode, after wake up, it will prompt for login username and password and even if we enter the correct credential, it do not allow us to login. To resolve this, we w...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remove Favorite from Sidebar

We are replacing Google Drive with Google File Stream and need to remove the Google Drive favorite from the sidebar. What is the easiest way to do that since not all Favorites are going to be the same with each user?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

API command to add user to smart group

Good Afternoon, I am working on a PHP web project to help with integrating users with the correct User Group in Jamf. I can't offhand seem to find the api command to add a user to a specific User Group. Does anyone by chance know the API Command? We ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Blocking Minor macOS update?

Does anyone know a way to block a minor OS update? We're having issues with a required app causing kernel panics on the latest High Sierra. We have quite a few machines on 10.13.1, and need to prevent them from updating to 10.13.2  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Two new Software Titles to Patch Management

Greetings Jamf Nation! We have added two new Software Titles to Patch Management: Symantec Endpoint ProtectionOneDrive For the full list of Software Titles please refer to: Patch Management Software Titles For more information on the process for upda...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setting Dock once for New Users

We are trying to set the dock for new users that get created and still give them the ability to customize afterwards. Normally, we would use the User Template for this, but then a few issues come up such as Apple adding in their extra apps for every ...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD user account randomly becomes local account

Hi All, This randomly happens on some of our wired iMacs - AD bound - AD user accounts. The domain user account becomes a local account and the user is no longer able to login. Other users can login to that specific iMac with their domain account and...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self service assistance

Hey, We are about to roll out Self service to our company but have a few minor tweaks we would like to address before we do. When we open Self service, it shows all the packages and policies as we would like, however we have the following issue:All p...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

XCode 9.2 deploy with all content

We have purchased licenses for Xcode 9.2 through VPP and pushed the app down to a lab of MacBooks. When it comes time for them to move on to the next lesson plan/task it is prompting for administrative credentials to install it. Is there an automated...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 2 kudos

iOS browser Timeout

I have a user with a iPad running Safari in single-use mode. The browser opens to a departmental feedback page. The user needs a way to force this page to time out after 3 minutes deleting any information keyed into the page. It looks like automating...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Loading Management Tab SLOW in JSS for Student Devices

Managing student devices in a 1:1 school setting. Placing devices in lost mode on a regular basis due to students misplacing devices. Takes FOREVER for the management tab to load. Issue started with new JAMF PRO update. Has been going on for weeks. P...  View more

e682bc2cd9be4acc995bf380cc8d6431
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos

See all Mac user login times in Casper/Jamf Pro

Hi, Is there a way to see a broad list of user logins reported to Casper for all devices?I know I can go to a single device and see logins, but what if I want to see how many logins were in a lab, or across the site, between 10am and 11am this mornin...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

DEP Automatic Enrolment

Hi all, I have a query regarding DEP enrolment. A long story short, the company I'm doing some work for has only JUST setup their DEP account, so at the moment we have nothing configured yet. However, a situation has occurred where a MacBook Air has ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

manage user objects in the JSS?

I noticed I have far more users in the JSS user tab than I have computers in the computers tab. Is there a way to purge out users from the users tab who have no assets?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Building Lab with Bootcamp Windows 10

Hello all, How would you go about building a Mac lab that also needs Bootcamp installed? It'll be a 27" iMac with 50% of the drive being used for Bootcamp for the remaining of the school year (December - June). Our goal is to pull out the existing PC...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP On Currently Used Macs

Hello everyone, We are just starting to roll out our Jamf deployment to the company(~300 Macs), for awhile all new hires have been enrolled but we have a ton of currently in use Macs that are not enrolled. We have DEP hooked up and verified. Is there...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.13.2 Combo Update (

Download macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 This update is recommended for all Macs running macOS High Sierra 10.13.1. For all other systems running macOS High Sierra, please install 10.13.2 via Mac App Store Software Updates.​ Does this mean no Combo Updater...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best practices for upgrading an OS?

I want to being pushing out OS upgrades to Macs that need it or users that want High Sierra. I have created smart groups for Macs that don't have High Sierra. I created a policy to cache the macOS High Sierra installer dmg on a couple of test machine...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Am I crazy?

OK -- thanks in advance for reading. I'm working with a 2012 Late Mac Mini and the latest version of Windows 10 ISO file. I'm attempting to use BootCamp Assistant (BCA) to install Windows 10 on my 2012 Mac Mini running High Sierra. In the past I was ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enrollment Via Configurator

I'm trying to enroll devices with Apple Configurator. This seems like the easiest way to do it but if it isn't please feel free to chime in as I'm new to IOS management. I have the device in DEP but it still kicks back this message: I'm not sure what...  View more

a50c95a42831458e8e4eb10e0bafb564
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Is anyone deploying High Sierra using DeployStudio

I ran across this article that says you can create a package that will do all the firmware updates. http://www.amsys.co.uk/2017/09/deploying-firmware-updates-imaging/ I am wondering if this works. If so, could I then create a "master high Sierra imag...  View more

• 22 replies
  • 1 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors