Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Force Bluetooth ON and allow Bluetooth connections

I have forced Bluetooth to be ON on the iPads (because of Apple Classroom). Finding out that with Bluetooth being forced ON, I cannot connect to any Bluetooth device??? I cannot believe this would be the case, but it is. So the only way I can allow a...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Anyone Switch the domain name of their JSS server?

I was just wondering how many others had done this and what process they had to go through to redo their iPad management. I really want to change this but have been avoiding it for years due to the work involved of re enrolling all the iPads. Is anyo...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setup LDAP search on IOS

I was in the process of setting up our LDAP server from JumpCloud and i got the LDAP search function setup in settings but when i add the LDAP to the IOS device the contacts show nothing. Just curious if i am doing this correct. Thanks!!  View more

b13e57e822e84f2bb739b0a14a614346
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Security flaw in restrictions policy, FYI.

FYI for anyone depending on the restrictions policy to lock down their environment, you might want to use a third party product that is more finely tuned. Using a configuration profile with the payload Restrictions, I have added "/System/Library/Priv...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smart Groups and "If Not"

tl;dr: want to have smart group email me if any profile other than what we want is installed.Just started experimenting with Smart Groups. So far I have the smart group criteria set up as follows: Profile Name HAS name_of_bad_profile_01OR Profile Nam...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Assistance with my shell script

Hey Guys, I'm wondering if anyone can show me what I'm doing wrong? I wrote a Shell script to force a computer to restart (Using admin details). It works fine when I test it but when running it through Self Service on another computer I receive the e...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Update Mobile Device Name via API

Which field needs to be updated in order to change the name of a mobile device via the API? I tried changing It does indeed change the name in Jamf, but doesn't on the iPad. When I then do a Update Inventory command, Jamf changes back to the name on...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Migrator 503 Error

Hey all, Anyone with experience using the JAMF Migrator tool experienced the 503 error? My destination server (currently a sandbox for v10) is putting out that error. URL & login credentials are correct. See attached screenshot  View more

d7fa3017db934338b7719e620dfd022b
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP Pre Stage Enrollment profile ignored

We have been experiencing odd issues with our DEP Pre Stage Enrollment profiles being ignored by Jamf Pro 9.101. A device will pick up that there is a DEP Pre Stage enrolment set up for it but then hang for around a minute before completely ignoring ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sending a DEP iPhone on repair to Apple.

Apple have a strict policy that they don't repair iPhones that are bound to a MDM tool.So I'm wondering what i need to do in Jamf?This to be sure that Apple won't return my iPhone when i send it for screen repalcement? I've read the documentation on ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setting permissions for Java Web Start App

Our science teachers want to use SIMS from the web site: https://phet.colorado.edu/. Unfortunately these SIMS have not yet been updated to HTML 5 and currently require the student to use the Java Web Start app. This app is unsigned and requires authe...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

touch facebook

if you go into JAMF there is a script to block touch facebook, but it doesn't work.I have look at the script, and I can't see anything wrong. !/bin/bash # swipely-host.sh Check for certain entry in /etc/hosts Add the entry if it's not found Adam Code...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Paper Cut follow me printing issue

Having a strange issue with follow me printing. i install the printer as normal on my mac client. i test it, it all works fine and prints ok. i then use casper admin to capture the printer. i go to the JSS and its all good. i tick the box "Allow prin...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Changing Safari Preferences

Hi guys and girls, I am trying to modify a setting on Safari's preferences.It is on "Privacy" tab, "Cookies and website data" section.By default, it is "Allow form websites I visit" and I need to change it to "Always allow" I have tried to capture th...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

XML Tag Difference (if any) in Mobile Devices

Using the API, I can GET or PUT Mobile Device or . Both exist. What is the difference? If I PUT one, does the other also get changed? When I GET based on ID, all my and match. Wondering if they would ever be different? Along the same line, what is...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.13.1 and F5 VPN issues?

Friday I was trying to use VPN and it would act like it's going to connect, but after it accepted my passwords and 2 Factor Auth, it would disconnect and restart the whole process again. I thought it was account lockouts, but then someone else asked ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf vs other Endpoint Managers

Hello! Wanted to get everyone's opinion on here on why Jamf is a much better solution than other endpoint management solutions like MobileIron or AirWatch. As a current user of AirWatch, I would like to make the move to Jamf but would really like to ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors