Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

High Sierra Distribution

Hey everyone,I have been testing High Sierra a bit and am looking at what our distribution is going to look like for the next school year. We have several thousand macs that have historically been taken up at the end of the school year, re-imaged wit...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ethernet problems after upgrade to High Sierra

I upgraded the first of our iMacs to High Sierra on Friday. Unfortunately, the Ethernet is now having serious problems that weren't present before the upgrade. Running a ping test from one of my Linux servers to the Mac results in 25%-35% of the ICMP...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deleting Casper Created Account?

Doing some testing for a task that I have been assigned and I created an account through a policy. The account created without issue, but I couldn't deleted it through the Users preference pane in Sys Prefs. Is this a known thing or a bug? I could on...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Discontinuing JDS

Jamf will be discontinuing the Jamf Distribution Server (JDS). We know many of you use and rely on the JDS, but in its current state we cannot recommend it. Therefore, Jamf is planning to end of life JDS at the end of 2017 and access to the JDS insta...  View more

• 66 replies
  • 36 kudos

Compte itunes device géré

Bonjour, Dans notre méthode de gestion, uniquement par appareil, les utilisateurs n'ont pas d'apple id.Les restrictions, ne permettent pas "normalement" de synchro un appareil avec un compte itunes, or j'ai des tablettes qui se retrouvent avec des co...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help with Apple software update script

Hi all,i'm working on a script that installs only the updates listed in the script parameters $4 to $11 i've got it all working nicely for just one update, it pulls softwareupdate -l, egrep only the updates listed in $4 to $11, then formats the resul...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Eset Update on 10.13 killing keychain

I have some 10.13 machines and when i update Eset to 6.5.432.1 it seems to be breaking Keychain. Wanting an updated password, which it doesn't expect the current password. Or create a new password. What am i missing here?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Google Chrome Browser and Local Destinations

Hello all, I tried posting a discussion yesterday but it didn't come through. Here's my second attempt :) Long story short: My enviornment:Managing printers using Workgroup Manager/MCXMacs are running SierraLatest Google Chrome browser Issue:In the C...  View more

f38b3ec91c2f4dd0a89843bfdbf31fdd 2e15bc0860124d2c89e31012bd9826e1 8741209abe61459d87e652d45621242e
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Google Chrome Browser and Local Destinations

Hi everyone! I've been reading and searching the discussions for a while now and finally decided to join the community. :) Here's my setup: I inherited a role as IT Director at an all Mac school. The current environment is this: we have a Deploy Stud...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bit9 Uninstall

I am trying to setup an. uninstall for our bit9 agents. I tried calling the uninstall.sh in the bit9 folder that gets installed with the agent, but when I try to call it via a script it errors out.. . . . Running script Uninstall Bit9.sh... Script ex...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple TV(4th Gen) TV OS 11 Management

Hello, I had a question regarding TV OS management within the JSS, in particular assigning a Wifi network via configuration profile. Right now we use the same profile for all of our Ipads as well as our Apple TVs(scoped to all mobile devices). Also a...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

OS apps on iOS11

Since upgrading to iOS 11 alot of the core OS apps are no longer working such as facetime, notes, mail, etc. When I go to general>storage>mail the iPad asks me to restore Mail and that I can restore it from the app store. We do not block the app stor...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Software Metering

Hi, Is there any way to use software metering using jamf. Our use case is that we need to know how many of our users are effectively using MS Office on their Mac. Please suggest.  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Certain software updates cause client issues

We've got a NetSUS that has been delivering software updates quite happily until some point last month. I've worked out that I enable certain updates, the clients report "An SSL error has occurred and a secure connection to the server cannot be made"...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

AutoCasperNBI 1.4.0 out now

AutoCasperNBI High Sierra support release! Sadly some known issues, & as ever with a new OS.. possibly some new issues to uncover. Known Issues • 10.13 NBI: Auto Login Sometimes Fails - #108• 10.13 NBI: Take 8+ minutes to boot - #109• NetInstall Serv...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

FEU and FUT vis PKG postinstall script

I need a postinstall PKG script that handles what FEU and FUT do in a Jamf Pro DMG.This is going to be a standalone PKG that may be used on unmanaged systems. Else, I would just use FEU and FUT with a DMG.Before I re-invent the wheel I thought I woul...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

AirPlay permissions et Apple TV 3

Bonsoir à tous, Nous déployons 1500 tablettes dans 11 collèges. Je suis en v.9.100 et j’essaie de faire fonctionner les AirPlay permissions avec mes Apple TV 3. J’ai activé la sécurité par mot de passe sur les Apple TV 3. J’ai enrôlé les Apple TV ave...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Infrastructure Manager port configuration

Hi I am trying to configure Infrastructure Manager, I have my firewire rules in place and I have installed Infrastructure Manager, however it doesn't appear to be listening on the port that JAMF recommend. I get this error which usually denotes that ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

2 config files applied to one device

Our school started by aligning our classroom Ipads by pre-stage enrollments. When we got to the 2nd year of using JAMF and had to shift Ipads to other rooms because of enrollment changes, I used pre-stage to put the Ipads in the new rooms, and the co...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

PDF

Hello My organisatiin is looking into pushing certain set of pdf files to the ipads. Can I have some expertise input please. thanks  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors