Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

High Sierra Supplemental update breaks recon

Hi!Yesterday apple released a supplemental update in order to fix the password leak for encrypted APFS disks. Around the same time all the High Sierra macs in our environment started failing their recons. Here's what I've noticed: Recon's resulting i...  View more

• 32 replies
  • 1 kudos

Mac - best way to manage in bigger company

Our pc invironment is managed by ad and running SCCM - and total there is about 4000 windows usersWe then also have about 200 macs, but it is growing all the time Today the mac´s are bit in a grey zone, and we don´t really have manage them or control...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Computer usage statistics

Hi all,I want to have login statistics for affiliated computers to a group within a given time frame.For example, I would like to know for every computer belonging to the all_macbook group how many login were from October 1 to October 30.can anyone t...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can't turn wifi on

Had a student that violated our AUP so we turned her wifi off using managed preferences. I'm now having issues getting it turned back on. I know it uses the com.apple.MCXAirPort DisableAirPort plist but I'm not sure how to turn her wireless back on n...  View more

515c7f8f2049453c91c82e585a566a05
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

JNUC Hotel Reservation

All, Unfortunately, due to budget issues, a coworker and myself will not be able to attend JNUC this year.However, good news for you guys is we just released two hotel reservations.One at Best Western Normandy Inn & Suites (612-370-1400) and one at H...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 2 kudos

Data Retention on our Xsan

Hey All, I have been tasked with running a report on the timestamps of the files on our Xsan mounted volume... Fun Fun. Has anyone ever ran a query like this? If so any insight. It would more than likely be a one off as the "Powers at Be" want to loo...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac OSX Sierra disable airdrop

So in the past operating systems we've used the configuration profile to block airdrop from being used to send files from devices. This worked great. But on Sierra I've noticed that the profile no longer works and users are able to send files via air...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS 11 concerns/issues

Afternoon everyone! I have ran into some issues with iOS 11.0.2 and want to verify what I am seeing with other users if possible. 1) The iPads I manage all use DEP. After applying our company configuration, the Wifi automatically gets dropped once in...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remote Management Problem

After restoring an iPad both in iTunes and Configurator2, I am getting the following message when iPad restarts and I apply the steps to put in the remote management settings:The configuration for your iPad could not be downloaded. The configuration ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Belgium Jamf User Group

I'm looking to create a JAMF User Group in Belgium, to include people interested in Apple technology, people in search of solutions to implement in their organizations as well as Mac Admins of all levels, from beginners to experts, in order to get to...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 4 kudos

Third-party SSD and HighSierra

We are seeing upgrade failures on devices that have third-party SSD's installed. This was the reply from my engineer in the field: "Mostly Samsung for iMacs and OWC/Samsung for m.2 drives." We've opened a case with Apple on this, but I'm trying to se...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to Install High Sierra onto a SoftRAID Volume

This post will help users who startup from a SoftRAID volume to upgrade to High Sierra Issues:• High Sierra's installer will not directly install onto an Apple RAID volume• High Sierra's installer will not directly install onto a SoftRAID volume• Hig...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

jss 9.101.0

lost wifi too all ipads after moving too jss 9.101.0, it cant find any wifi , is there any settings in jss, causing it??  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

iCloud Backups - Inventory for IOS devices

Hi Guys, I have IOS devices (most in unsupervised mode) who report the last iCloud backup around the dates of when I enrolled them. However after physically checking the device there are more recent iCloud backups, manually updating inventory doesn't...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enabling Self Service use over external network

How exactly do I go about this. We currently have a single distribution point setup, which functions over SMB. And users off the network cannot access any packages. If they try to download through SS the install will hang and fail, and then in the lo...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

High Sierra and Pre-Stage Enrollment

I have noticed that Pre-stage is still not working as it should.I am still being prompted to create a new local account even though I have that skip account creation checked. This was happening with Sierra as well.Also High Sierra does not honour Loc...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to properly set up multiple PreStage Enrollments?

We currently have 1 PreStage Enrollment that goes to all iOS and tvOS devices. We'd like to change it so that we have 1 for iOS and 1 for tvOS. Is it as simple as creating a new PreStage enrollment? How can we set it up so that all tvOS devices autom...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Raname Folder

Hello I am looking to rename a folder via a script. I am trying to use mv ~/Google Drive ~/OldGoogleDrive This worked on my computer, but when I tried it on another it gave me the following error. Executing Policy Rename Google Drive FolderRunning sc...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

High Sierra Root user unable to delete other Users

I have noticed that when logged in as the root user I am unable to delete other users in the Users & Groups panel of System Preferences, the "-" minus sign is greyed out.However logging in an Admin account I can delete other users. Tested a 10.12.5 s...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

BeyondTrust - PowerBroker

Curious if anyone out there has any experience (do you like it, not like it, etc.) with BeyondTrust PowerBroker agents or any other of the BeyondTrust tools. (Retina, Password Safe, etc.)  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Distributing software license thought Self service.

Hey, guys!Stupid question, but I can't find a solution.I have a bunch of IntelliJ Licenses. I need to distribute it to users. License - just URL, the user should go on it and activate his license. So, my question is:How to create a policy that shows ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors