Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

com.apple.dockfixup.plist and High Sierra

In my testing with a base OSX system (10.12.5 and 10.13) I have noticed that the regular I had of configuring the Dock items is now broken in High Sierra. Using a mobileconfig file (https://github.com/opragel/profiles/blob/master/macOS%20-%20Dockfixu...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ipad DEP Configuration

our school just bought about 30 iPads from another school. My intent was to just use these devices internally and not worry about enrollment in JSS and manage them on our own. However I have a handful of devices that state during setup......"The conf...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac App Updates Out of the Box

Recently we have switched to using the out of the box macOS Sierra when new devices are deployed and use a combination of policies etc. to customize app installs or other customizations. I noticed that all of the built in Apple apps require an Apple ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Firmware Update Security Issue WIRED article

Saw this on Wired and was curious if anyone has thought about addressing the issue: https://www.wired.com/story/critical-efi-code-in-millions-of-macs-is-not-getting-apple-updates It seems like certain Macs, when installing a firmware update, don't ac...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

AdminUserRecoveryInfo.plist and High Sierra

So I updated my MacBook Pro to High Sierra this week and today I was looking in /Volumes and found a Preboot folder containing various items that includes a AdminUserRecoveryInfo.plist. In looking at the contents I can't help but wonder if this is a ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 3 kudos

Student Photos on Shared iPad Screens?

Right now all of our shared iPads only show a student's initials‚ however the Classroom app will show the student's picture. I found this guide (http://docs.jamf.com/technical-papers/casper-suite/apple-school-manager/9.92/Prepare_to_Enable_User_Image...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Google Drive App

So I just encountered this this morning and I'm wondering if anyone else can replicate the issue? Google Drive updated yesterday (4.2017.37510). It's working on iPad Air 2's and newer iOS's (10.X and 11.X) but the issue I'm running into is the app is...  View more

• 19 replies
  • 0 kudos

Preventing removal of MDM Profile?

Is there any way to prevent the removal of the MDM/management profile from a Mac, if the user is an admin? We usually lock the "Profiles" pref pane using a Config Profile, but I'm wondering if there's a way to keep the user from deleting the manageme...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

macOS High Sierra 10.13.0 - smb mount drive issue

Hi all, This issue is based on another discussion topichttps://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/discussions/24232/fyi-10-12-5-issues-with-smb-mounting I have now upgraded our test Macbook to macOS High Sierra 10.13.0. But now any smb mount drives do not work...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Need help bash scripting to windows server

I'm trying to get machines to connect to a windows server on our corporate network via bash so they can run some tasks, thoughts on how to do so? The end goal is to generate a CSR (can be done with certtool) and pass it on to a Windows CA (we have ou...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Active Directory Forest with Two Domain

Scenario: I have two domains in one forest both domains are configured for LDAP connectivity to JAMF hosted environment. We have to be able to bind machines to either domain based on user domain. When user enroll we would like to have AD bind policie...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Loop through files bash help

I'm trying to write a bash script that basically stores a file list into an array, loops through the array and then appends something to the files. I.e. loop through a directory and add a . to the beginning to make it hidden.I know this is fairly sim...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS 11 - Supervised Device - Where is remote Update

Hello I thought one of the features with JAMF and iOS 11 was to allow devices to have their OS remotely updated. When I select a device this is on iOS 11 and I choose Management, there is not a feature to upgrade to iOS 11.0.1... Am I missing somethi...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Validating AD Binding

I've been working on a script that validates if a Mac's binding to AD is still active or not. This is an issue that seems to be caused when the computer is off the corporate network at the time of kerberos key cycling, typically set to 14 days (see d...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Log off the current user upon closing the lid

Hi, Is there anyway to set the OS to log off the user when the lid is closed on Sierra? What I'm trying to accomplish is to run a script from JSS which triggers at the log off, however, 99% of the time users don't log off and just close the lid. Any ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS Manual Enrollment Profile troubles

Is anyone else having issues with manual enrollment where the popup to allow the profiles to be installed disappears too quickly to press? We have some iPads that still need enrolled this way but they get stuck trying to install the MDM profile but n...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Filevault with AFPS

So we've been deploying FileVault using the following command:diskutil cs convert $startupDevice -passphrase $password So in getting ready for High Sierra, I'm looking at APFS. When running that command on the new file system, it gets the following e...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

How we do Asset management with our Jamf Pro

I've gotten request from multiple members of the Mac community to dive into how we do Asset management. So this is our story. You can also see some of it in my JNUC speech from last year Building the Mac at LEGO(R) (27:20) For our Asset mgm we want t...  View more

0a7cd1a3d5bc472893af52a0d20c3e86
  • 0 replies
  • 8 kudos

Delete item from keychain via CLI

Hi, I am having a hard time with deleting a simple value from the login keychain of the logged in user via the CLI, i have tried many commands but non of them will delete the entry, is there anyone who got the golden tip?! See screenshot for what i a...  View more

176d8455bcf0449b940b3b6ccc6dec6c
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors