Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

VPP Log File Location?

Are there any log files created when VPP policies are run from within self service? I'm getting some errors, saying I need to restart SS, but I'd like to see what the logs say. I see the install command as pending in the JSS management logs, but that...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Update Inventory Policy

Hi, We have a while a policy running that Updates Inventory, at every "recurring check-in" with execution frequency "ongoing" scoped to "all computers". JSS is giving us the message "Policies that update inventory on all computers cannot be set to on...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Apps not installing ( GB, iMovie )

JAMF Version 9.100.0-t1499435238 Have about 50% of 200 MacBook Airs deployed not able to get GarageBand / iMovie, et al installed.Other Apps seem to install ok through Self Service They all seem to be managed and supervised properly .. Seeing this er...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 2 kudos

iOS 11 Testing / Blocking ?

I'm thinking that there may be a good chance that that iOS 11 may drop tomorrow. Has anyone out there done a lot of testing with it on the current version of the JSS ? (We are at 9.99.x) Just curious to see if anyone has seen any big gotchas ? Is any...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

NYC Metro Jamf User Group September 2017 Meeting

The 20th NYC Metro JAMF User Group meeting will be held on Tuesday, September 26, 2017 4:30 to 6:30 PM. at Apple Executive Briefing Center, 100 Fifth Ave, New York, NY, 10014 Join us as we discuss Apple's September 12th announcements and prep for JNU...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Composer pkg failures: "This package is incompatible..."

I am trying to use Composer 9.97 (also tried 9.100) to create PKG to setup and install some stuff. PKG is made on macOS 10.12.6 and is run on systems using 10.12.6. Nevertheless, I am getting an "Incompatible version of MacOS error".We just changed f...  View more

288c3533f9784714959b50c993952243
  • 11 replies
  • 1 kudos

Create New Profile button missing

Sometime over the past week my JSS seems to have lost the ability to create new profile configurations. (See screenshot). All other elements seem to be working fine. I am still testing to see if existing profiles are deploying or not. Any suggestions...  View more

c966229f5eb643bfbfdcdc4e8531f997
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Quick Question - Apple Team Workload

Hello, I'm looking at a job with an organization that uses Jamf to manage almost 30,000 Apple devices (computers, iPads, Apple TVs) across more than 100 sites. They had just one trained Jamf admin doing all the work including setting up and maintaini...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Network Home Folder

Hi Everyone, I was curious to see if anyone else has come across this issue. We have a Mac lab with Sierra 10.12.2 installed and AD bound. We've noticed that when I log into a Mac with my account I can see my network home folder on the dock but when ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Anyone still use Sophos Safeguard with Jamf?

We recently purchased Jamf and one of thing jamf does is manage Filevault keys. We're wondering if we still need to use Sophos safeguard for our macs if so why? Anyone else went through this? I would like to know some key points if possible and what ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Outlook (iOS) Questions

Just a few Outlook questions for those of you deploying/managing the iOS version of Microsoft Outlook... -Does the iOS Outlook app use ActiveSync or EWS (Exchange Web Services)? -Does Outlook still route/store data on non-Mocrosft servers/NOC? Prior ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Parental Controls Randomly Enabled

We seem to have a problem where many (but not all) of our laptops are having Parental Controls being turned on for local accounts. This is happening to Admin accounts and even the guest account (it even happened to me), and I am 100% sure I didn't tu...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to wipe off an iPad which is in Shared Mode

When iPads are in Shared Mode, there is no WiFi signals when user is logged out and we cant send any push notifications or remote commands. When a user is logged on in to a shared ipad, the commands will not be executed (by deisgn?, correct me if I a...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

macOS MDM Managed Apps Removal Issue

FYI: We ran into this issue when developing a pilot program for student at our institutions allowing 1-2 week check out of VPP software and noticed macOS application licenses were removed, but the software remained on the clients and was still usable...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Launch Safari with a specified URL

First time poster here so please take it easy. What I am trying to achieve is seemingly simple, in principle, but boy has this given me a headache. What I need to achieve is this: When an LDAP user logs into a system, Safari launches with a specified...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro 10 beta 2 now available!

Beta 2 fixes several bugs and improves the overall stability and reliability. Jamf Pro 10 brings a whole new experience with an improved interface, patch policies, and an entirely brand new Self Service. Start testing beta 2 today to take advantage o...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS time issue

Recently I've started seeing some strange time issues with my JSS, hoping someone has an idea on how to resolve this... Essentially, when I look at the inventory/connection status of devices, they are often reporting last connection/inventory time in...  View more

32fbdae3ab6e4a288cda825c56b4e793
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

NoMAD password change issues

Looking into NoMAD as we have about a dozen users who every 60 days cannot change their AD password from System Preferences and as a result of changing them from AD and taking up IT's time, it's taken their mobile account out of sync. I installed NoM...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ascertain JSS Database Name

Hello JAMFNation, Apologies for the noobish request: We are in the process of setting up a DMZ server in our environment. In following the procedure listed here: https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/articles/174/installing-a-jss-web-application-in-the-dm...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

re-imaging / re-deploying encrypted Macs

Fellas.. We're about ready to enforce FileVault on a pilot group of about 100 users. While encrypting is the easy part, I wanted to know how you handle the decryption of Macs for when they are turned in for reimaging or redeployment. We are utilizing...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remove Application if out of scope

Hi all, I'm a bit new to JAMF but am finding it really useful. I'm good on deploying applications to macOS, but I am wondering what the best practice is for removing applications that have been deployed with a policy. Thanks!  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Force logout help please!

Hello, I am sorry to bother everyone on this matter, but I have been working on an issue for a week and I haven't been able to find a solution to my problem.I can feel I am not far, but there is one last thing in my way which prevent me from moving f...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Random "network connection was interrupted" errors

JSS 9.100, RHEL6. HTTP distribution point and failover For the past few weeks (2-3) we've been seeing random policy errors coming in. All errors are The network connection was interrupted while downloading the package from http://. Attempting to reco...  View more

d9fa0d65e76b45d08861d88471372258
  • 20 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.12.6 Wireless DHCP/IP address issues

We are seeing an issue where clients on 10.12.6 and possibly 10.11.6 are holding on to their lease and keeping their IP address even when on a different buildings network. We have multiple buildings and each has their own IP address ranges. What is n...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors