Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Jamf Pro 10 beta 2 now available!

Beta 2 fixes several bugs and improves the overall stability and reliability. Jamf Pro 10 brings a whole new experience with an improved interface, patch policies, and an entirely brand new Self Service. Start testing beta 2 today to take advantage o...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS time issue

Recently I've started seeing some strange time issues with my JSS, hoping someone has an idea on how to resolve this... Essentially, when I look at the inventory/connection status of devices, they are often reporting last connection/inventory time in...  View more

32fbdae3ab6e4a288cda825c56b4e793
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

NoMAD password change issues

Looking into NoMAD as we have about a dozen users who every 60 days cannot change their AD password from System Preferences and as a result of changing them from AD and taking up IT's time, it's taken their mobile account out of sync. I installed NoM...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ascertain JSS Database Name

Hello JAMFNation, Apologies for the noobish request: We are in the process of setting up a DMZ server in our environment. In following the procedure listed here: https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/articles/174/installing-a-jss-web-application-in-the-dm...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

re-imaging / re-deploying encrypted Macs

Fellas.. We're about ready to enforce FileVault on a pilot group of about 100 users. While encrypting is the easy part, I wanted to know how you handle the decryption of Macs for when they are turned in for reimaging or redeployment. We are utilizing...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remove Application if out of scope

Hi all, I'm a bit new to JAMF but am finding it really useful. I'm good on deploying applications to macOS, but I am wondering what the best practice is for removing applications that have been deployed with a policy. Thanks!  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Force logout help please!

Hello, I am sorry to bother everyone on this matter, but I have been working on an issue for a week and I haven't been able to find a solution to my problem.I can feel I am not far, but there is one last thing in my way which prevent me from moving f...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Random "network connection was interrupted" errors

JSS 9.100, RHEL6. HTTP distribution point and failover For the past few weeks (2-3) we've been seeing random policy errors coming in. All errors are The network connection was interrupted while downloading the package from http://. Attempting to reco...  View more

d9fa0d65e76b45d08861d88471372258
  • 20 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.12.6 Wireless DHCP/IP address issues

We are seeing an issue where clients on 10.12.6 and possibly 10.11.6 are holding on to their lease and keeping their IP address even when on a different buildings network. We have multiple buildings and each has their own IP address ranges. What is n...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Profile says unverified

Hello All, In our company we have started seeing in most of the macs mdm profile and other profiles says unverified, if we remove and re-add MDM profile resolving the issue. What will be the root cause? Is there a way we can take report on how many m...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

Fill Existing users question

Does this command actually fill all users (we use AD without creating mobile users so there is a user folder but not a system record for the user). Just wondering if this applies to our situation?Gabe ShackneyPrinceton Public Schools  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bash script for Windows CA

We use a Windows CA for our corporate wifi; I am trying to create a script to generate a .csr, submit it to the CA, and import the resulting cert into the system keychain. I have the first part down, and importing a cert to the keychain; any assistan...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Some USB sticks can't boot my AutoCasperImage

Hi guys Happy user of AutoCasperNBI I'm mostly booting via USB stick and have noticed that some of them can't boot. I have one KingstonDataTraveler G3 16GB for example that work great. I also have a Kingston 32GB that work just fine. I've noticed bef...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unity Web Player installation

Hello, I'm new to Jamf and all that goes along with it so please be patient with me. :) I'm trying to create a package through Composer that will copy and install (through the postinstall script) Unity Web Player. I haven't a clue about the script to...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

uBlock Whitelist Preference via Configuration Profile

We use com.google.Chrome in a user-level configuration profile to force install the uBlock extension in Chrome. This has been working great. We are running into issues in our K-12 where staff and students are complaining about some content being bloc...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cocoa Dialogue Issues

Will cocoa dialogue run as the root user? I'm currently getting the following error when running as a policy: Script result: 2017-09-06 14:11:11.575 cocoaDialog[86217:1180463] CFPasteboardRef CFPasteboardCreate(CFAllocatorRef, CFStringRef) : failed t...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

EA for USB-C?

Hello, does anyone have an EA for identifying whether or not a inventoried Mac has a USB-C port?  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Training in India

Recently we have purchased the software. we wanted to do the training . so wanted to know if JAMF Provide training in India. if Yes please let me know the location. ThanksSantosh  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Any luck with Yousician Installation

I am hitting a brick wall in trying to create an installer for Yousician. Has any had any luck in doing so? Anything I try it keeps requiring the user to enter an Admin username and password.  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service App not available for install?

I have Self Service set to "Neither (manual installation)" under Mobile Device Management. Under Mobile Devices > Mobile Device Apps I have configured the Self Service app (shows as version 9.98.1) to automatically install on a specific iPads that I'...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

EA for uptime check in days/minutes

Hey Guys, Just wondering what you guys are using for EA on checking uptime on the macs. I did find this :https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/discussions/10009/uptime-or-last-shutdown-restart Curious to see if you guys have an EA that works to report bac...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Insight Install 10.12

Hey all,I am installing insight into our labs, however I found that 10.12 requires some extra steps to complete Any ideas how I can script this? Gabe ShackneyPrinceton Public Schools  View more

6c10b5ff59684d0f92804c6cd5265123
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Macadmins Podcast LIVE recording @ JNUC 2017

Hey y'all! The Macadmins Podcast will be doing a live recording at the JNUC this year! Please join us after the last session on Tuesday the 24th (day 1) in the Nicolette Ballroom for a chat about the first day of the conference, news, friendly banter...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS Settings Menu not showing correctly

Our Prod JSS 9.100.0 version is showing different menu name (I think these are database names). The QA JSS 9.100.0 version is not doing this. Do anyone know how to correct this issue?  View more

cd6c929dfb3a49eba731706f9ef09d39
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Migrate JSS User Accounts & Groups to another JSS

Does anyone know of a way to migrate JSS User Accounts & Groups (in JSS System Settings) to a new JSS? Already tried jamf-migrator (https://github.com/jamfprofessionalservices/JamfMigrator) but JSS User Accounts & Groups don't seem to be any of the a...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

recon policy errors

hi - i have a recurring daily checkin recon policy. however i keep getting these connection failures daily on various macs: Connection failure: "The request timed out." Error running script: return code was 1. Connection failure: "The Internet connec...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors