Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Insight Install 10.12

Hey all,I am installing insight into our labs, however I found that 10.12 requires some extra steps to complete Any ideas how I can script this? Gabe ShackneyPrinceton Public Schools  View more

6c10b5ff59684d0f92804c6cd5265123
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Macadmins Podcast LIVE recording @ JNUC 2017

Hey y'all! The Macadmins Podcast will be doing a live recording at the JNUC this year! Please join us after the last session on Tuesday the 24th (day 1) in the Nicolette Ballroom for a chat about the first day of the conference, news, friendly banter...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS Settings Menu not showing correctly

Our Prod JSS 9.100.0 version is showing different menu name (I think these are database names). The QA JSS 9.100.0 version is not doing this. Do anyone know how to correct this issue?  View more

cd6c929dfb3a49eba731706f9ef09d39
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Migrate JSS User Accounts & Groups to another JSS

Does anyone know of a way to migrate JSS User Accounts & Groups (in JSS System Settings) to a new JSS? Already tried jamf-migrator (https://github.com/jamfprofessionalservices/JamfMigrator) but JSS User Accounts & Groups don't seem to be any of the a...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

recon policy errors

hi - i have a recurring daily checkin recon policy. however i keep getting these connection failures daily on various macs: Connection failure: "The request timed out." Error running script: return code was 1. Connection failure: "The Internet connec...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Word AutoRecover Preferences

Hi everyone is there an easy way to manage the AutoRecover preferences in Microsoft Word via script? Ours has been defaulting to null, we use to package Word and set it that way, but we are moving away from Composing Apps packages. Any insight or hel...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Set quotas on how much data can be uploaded for sites

Hello, I work at a larger institution that has separate IT departments for some of our business units. Though central and departmental IT do work together, think of what central does as more of an offering for the smaller, departmental IT groups. Cen...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple TV wake on schedule

Has anyone set their Apple TV's to wake on a schedule? I was thinking it might be possible from the network side, send some sort of command to wake it up but was curious if anyone has done this path before. The problem we're having is even though the...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

ASM and Campus Sync

Hi All,For those of you using SIS Infinite Campus and Apple School Manager (ASM) how are you getting support for syncing issues?My first call was to Apple and they sent me to Campus. My Campus admin is willing to make a call with me but I'm hoping to...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Alternative to 'killall Dock'

Hi all, I am looking for a way to visually refresh the Dock without resorting to this command: killall Dock Reason being, the black Desktop that appears before the Dock comes back is sometimes jarring for end users. Thanks!  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Any Munki users here?

I use munki at one of my sites (isn't worth using the licenses for jamf on these particular computers) and my updates won't run. Some of the computer have everything that is supposed to be installed. When checking the managed software center it has 5...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Products for interactive show

Hi Jamf Nation! I am yet to become a consumer of Jamf products, but I'm excited about discovering which Jamf product(s) can best help me! I am in the process of putting together an interactive, educational music show that can be presented in highscho...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Back to School Meetup 9/6 in Austin

We'd love to see our friends in Austin at our Back to School meetup at Eanes ISD! Check out the Austin Apple Admins site for more details and please RSVP if you plan on attending.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Chrome 59 and above Set Homepage

Anybody able to set the homepage for Google Chrome 59 and above? What i am doing now is to load the version 50 first then upgrade it to the latest version. Would appreciate if anyone is able to provide some help or tips on this! Thanks!  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Speeding up adding packages to the JSS?

I uploaded a package to the JSS yesterday afternoon in Casper Admin and this morning it is still showing as Pending, is there any way to speed up the process? The actual physical upload was already completed yesterday afternoon, but there's obviously...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

MacOS DEP over Eduroam

Hi Friends , We are now doing most provisioning using DEP and we have a JSS in the DMZ so clients can go through the process no matter where they are located . One problem we have is when the the user is going through the Welcome Wizard process on th...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adding Comodo CA certs to machines after reimaging

Hi, I'm looking to get an idea of how others are managing the installation of any required third-party CA certs during reimaging. Our org uses a wildcard certificate from Comodo to validate our JSS identity. It seems that a number of our machines are...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

GDPR readiness?

Has anybody at JAMF or elsewhere done any investigation into GDPR and what customers might need to think about with particular regard to their JAMF Pro installations? Microsoft have some information here.  View more

• 6 replies
  • 6 kudos

Desktop Cleanup Script

I have seen some variations on this but am yet to find one that meets my needs fully. We have a problem with users desktops becoming the personal dumping ground for anything and everything. Ideally, I would like to be able to run a script that puts a...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

API script for remove shared iPad user data

Hi,We have many shared iPads deployed and some of them are frequently getting full of different user's data being cached. Is there a way, such as an API script, that can remove user data en masse from devices. It would be great if we could run this e...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Immediate Restart and Inventory Update (bug?)

Not sure if this has been noted before.But if you have Immediate Restart and Inventory Update in the same policy, the machines restarts really fast on it's own at the end of the policy (which is great) however it doesn't complete the inventory update...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors