Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

NTP Clock not updating until settings are unlocked

Seeing an odd issue with some of our student laptops. They are not admins on their laptops, and the NTP and time zone settings are pushed down by policies. When I look at the laptops, their date and time is way off... like, months off. All I have to ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

enrollmentComplete issues with network state change

I'm having issues with enrollmentComplete trigger since 9.97: enrollmentComplete policies fail to execute (as if they were not scoped) A blackout period was introduced (PI-003515) to ensure that a policy would not execute twice. In practice, if a pol...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 4 kudos

How to install kext using JSS on High Sierra?

Hi jamf citizens, Apple introduces the new kext restriction on High Sierra. https://developer.apple.com/library/content/technotes/tn2459/_index.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/DTS40017658 Above document describes how to install OSX software which has kext. ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Logged in user returning "username<br/>"

Trying to get the username of the currently logged in user during a Login policy. I have tried all sorts of ways: $3, stat -f%Su /dev/console, and through /dev/console. I wasn't getting the desired results from the script. I echoed the variable back ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Carbon Black Respons

Has anyone been able to install CB Response via self service. I created a package with the following steps in composer: private mpCBResponsefilename.pkg post install script: #!/bin/sh ## postinstall sudo installer -pkg "/private/tmp/CBResponse/CBResp...  View more

1f3d7715bb01450cbf519d95e18cdae4
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pre-Stage Enrollment not working for 2 MacBook Airs

We have enrolled around 50 new MacBook airs into our JAMF... All are working great except for 2. They are listed in our DEP, show up in JAMF Scope, but just won't get the initial configuration. I have re-formated them a few times now, but still nothi...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Account Lockout Duration

Hey guys,We just lost our mac admin, and I've been trying to fill the role as best I can. Right now, we have a Configuration Profile pushing down a Passcode payload. The accounts lock out after 4 bad attempts, but does not automatically unlock after ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuring Mac OS X Mail client without LDAP

Hello, I'm working through our Jamf install we are running into difficulty getting Mac OS X Sierra's built in Mail client to properly connect after receiving the configuration details. Any advice would be appreciated and please let me know what addit...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

ASM and managing classes

We import our information from Infinite Campus to Apple School Manager, and then on to the JSS. My question is there any way to edit the classes that are imported from ASM. I need to add teachers locally to the classes as they aren't added in Infinit...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Manage Chrome Proxy Settings and Account Login

Does anyone know if there is a way to use a profile to manage the Chrome proxy settings and if we can also disable the ability to login to a Google account for MacOS users? Our security office is preventing us from deploying Chrome because (according...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apps greyed out and not launching

Hi all, Haven't posted here in a while - summer holidays and all :) We are seeing iPads here that have started to load, but then stopped and are now stuck on greyed out icon and tapping them doesn't do anything. I also can't delete them - pressing th...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

802.1x Wired authentication issue only at first boot

We've deployed the identity preference com.apple.network.eap.user.identity.default to Macs. While this works in most scenarios, it does not work if the ethernet cable is plugged in and the machine is rebooted. My assumption is that the authentication...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

MySQL Database Location?

Trying to upgrade my JSS 9.98 to 9.100 and want to backup the database first. However, I can't seem to locate the database in order to backit up using the JSS Database Utility. I've looked in the database.xml as other's have suggested but there is no...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Safari Config Profile - List of Keys?

Hello, I am setting up a small lab that will be open to the public. I want to lock down the browsers as much as possible. Chromium has this nice list of all available keys to use in a mobileconfig, along with example configs.. I cannot find such a li...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS Microsoft Remote Desktop Config

Good afternoon JAMFNation, I am working on deploying iPads that act as a thin client. Single App mode with Microsoft Remote Desktop. I have read into Managed App Configurations but have found nothing of use. Do you guys know of, if possible, how to p...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 3 kudos

Purging Offline Policies

We have an issue with a policy that was set to run offline at recurring check-in but has since had the scope reduced to no computers and changed to "once per computer". For some strange reason, we still have a handful of clients that are running the ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lockdown a website

We are an educational institution. Our instructors want to use Apple Classroom and when students are given online assessments, they want the students to go to a specific web site in Safari and during the assessment, not have the ability to open a new...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Get email notifications for macOS updates

Are there any sites or tools out there that help email users about macOS updates, including security updates? I don't recall getting any notifications from Apple in their Newsletters (Announcements specifically) regarding security patches or other up...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

SCEP MobileConfig Creation

UPDATED: This updated version includes notes on what is being used, why, and where Any who uses SCEP and is wanting to push it as a Policy, rather than a profile, here is a script for you all. This was developed by myself and @bash #!/bin/bash ######...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 1 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors