Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Locally installed config profiles created by the JSS

I have a locally installed configuration profile for wifi that was created in the JSS.The configuration profile has had no machines or users scoped to it. I'm noticing errors for in the Management tab of a computer saying the profile cannot be found....  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extension Attribute using Date / Smart group issue

I'm using an EA to generate the date of a certificate expiration. Sample output for the EA result is 2019-06-08 (I've also tried including time -- 2019-08-17 16:32:39 ) I'm using a smart group with the operator "less than x days ago" and setting the ...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetSUS advice

Hi i've installed NetSUS V4.1 on an Ubuntu VM in Azure and testing the catalog url in the browser http://serveripaddress/content/catalogs/others/index-10.11-10.10-10.9-mountainlion-lion-snowleopard-leopard.merged-1_Production.sucatalog and i get The ...  View more

90895c49cd7b447c9476cdf979e96bd7
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Update local admin password and enable for FileVault

We have a local admin account that we want to be enabled for FileVault. We need to be able to rotate this password, but have found that when changing the password through Jamf, it does not update the filevault password. Would a viable solution be to ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS SCCM Installer .msi 3.51

I've been looking all over JAMF Nation for a link to where to download the JSS SCCM Installer .msi 3.51 file and can't find it. We are looking to have information about our mac ecosystem display in our SCCM server so I'm looking for this MSI file so ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Why doesn't Restart immediately do what it says?

Restart immediately is mis-labled. It should be called Restart after this and all other in-scope policies with the same trigger finish. (But that probably wouldn't fit in that drop-down menu.) Problem:For two policies with Trigger: Startup, both set ...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mass Exclude One smart group from Policies

We are starting a byod laptop program at school this year and basically what I want to do is exclude the BYOD smart group from all policies (then I will add them to the network and printing polices). I know there should be a way to do this with the A...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Console access through AD Groups

Hope someone can help.. maybe it is working as designed or maybe I did something wrong.. Hope someone can help me out.. I intended to grant our users access to the Jamf Pro console by adding AD User Groups. Now, we have different domains like emea.co...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recurring OS X "cleaning" / automating "Onyx"

Hello, We have a BU that has about 20 Mac's. From time to time, when we need to solve strange issues that are not configuration issues, I often run "Onyx", and unless there is an underlying HW issue, it solves the problem. I usually run the Automatio...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Poor Performance in JSS when Logged in as LDAP User

We are seeing huge performance differences when logging in as a local user vs. logging in as an LDAP user. Local users work fine. However, LDAP users suffer from all kinds of delays and pauses. Sometimes a browser window crashes (in Chrome) or a stuc...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Password change script

Greetings JAMF'rs, We are trying to allow standard users to change their passwords, but first you some background: We have re-imaged each machine in our school, setup each account to be assured that each device has hit the JSS Server, setup the accou...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script to update computer name at check in

Hello, I have not been able to figure out how to script in JAMF to have machines update their computer name at check-in. I'm aware of the "reset computer name" policy, but that won't work for what I'm trying to do going forward. In short, I want my m...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

System Certificates disappearing after enrollment

We are seeing an increase in the number of machines that have System Certificates disappear after enrollment. Sometimes even on machines that have been active and enrolled for quite awhile. No discernible pattern. We are using our own JDS. Certificat...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPads Not Checking In

We have about 525 student 1:1 iPads in Bretford carts at one of our schools. This is the first summer where I'm deploying myself. Last year we did the Apple ConnectED rollout of these devices so the process was a bit different. Some carts were left p...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Quick prompt when installing profile on IOS

So when it trys to install the Profile, the user is getting the following prompt for about 1sec. Need to be fast to hit Allow! "The website is trying to open settings to show you a configuration profile" Cancel/Allow Only happening on 10.3.3 that I a...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Custom trigger/could not connect to the JSS errors

As of this morning, there were 3 machines that are failing to connect to the jss and running a custom trigger. The last successful that was ran by a user was at 7:30 PM last night.
Checking for policies triggered by "OfficeUpdate"...
Could not connect...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can not push apps after upgrading ipads to 10.3.3

We pushed out IOS updates 710 plus ipads for version 10.3.3. Since doing so we can not push apps to ipads with that version. Apps successfully push to IOS 10.2 versions. We have tried excluding test ipads from all configuration profiles.. allowed the...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Timed Restrictions on Macs

Just putting this here for feedback, and for people to use if needed We have about 1600 student macs in use, and there are a few kids who will play games in class/message friends/get distracted basically. Sometimes, a configuration profiles is okay, ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

MAU Caching Server

Hi Admins, how are you maintaining your MAU Caching Server? Do you have a method of auto deleting Old Office Packages to save Hard Drive Space? Or are you just manually deleting old versions?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

EA for NTP

Hi! Anyone have an EA that will pull what NTP server is set to? Thanks!John  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors