Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

App Store and Updates page Grey

We have 2 mac pros which I use for netboot and Software Updates. This was working when I tested the setup about 3 weeks ago.I went to push some updates to a new lab and started seeing errors regarding connection to the server.Upon further investigati...  View more

a6bfe72b1c9a4533bfa7d8c3eefec157
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

.pkg install on login

I'm currently trying to deploy the latest version of Symantec to all of my Mac's so that they are on the latest version. I currently have a policy written to install from the self service and it is restricted to admins so that we can test that it doe...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

MySQL failovers

Hey all, I was wondering if anyone here has a similar set up, and how you have failover contingencies set up. We have two MySQL servers (Master and Slave) set up. They are set to be replicate and that is all good. I was wondering if there is a script...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Inactivity Lock MacBook Question

I currently have the following payload scoped to our MacBooks, and I'd like for the MacBook to lock after 10 minutes of inactivity. However, users are being locked out after 2-3 minutes of inactivity. Any idea what I'm missing here?  View more

ed1016877e594b729e209ffc7005e4e3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Policy "whatif" or -list

Is there any way that I can do a dry run on a machine to see which policies it's in scope without running them? Sort of like Powershells '-whatif' command or '-list'  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cachig Server and JSS

Hello, I am planing on adding a caching server using a mac mini and need to understand how it will play with the JSS.As of now I have a Software update policy that runs onece per day and goes to Apple for update. Now once I turn on the caching servic...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Upgrading to Office 2016 & Large Mail Databases

Hi all, just looking for some of your experiences with upgrading from Office 2011 to 2016. Specifically if your users have large mail databases (ours have gotten out of hand, 10GB+ is the norm). We’ve found that it takes about 1 hour for Outlook 20...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to completely disable Siri

Hi, trying to completely stop Siri from being enabled, currently we have it so that the setup assistant is skipped on login, and the Siri system preference item is blocked, but the user can still run the Siri.app from /Applications or Spotlight. I've...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adding Search Domains doesn't work

Good Morning,we use this script to set the Search Domains to our clients but if the clients are ready there is only one search domain in the DNS Settings. We changed the script like this for example: Manually specify the DNS entries (separated by spa...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

3 Distribution points

Greetings all, I have added 2 additional distribution points to my environment. So now I have 1 Master DP and 2 more. in the JSS, for the Master, I have DP2 set as the Failover and Enable Randomized Load Sharing is turned on. On the DP2 that is being...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restrictive Software loophole

Hello everyone, I recently discovered that there is a loophole to restricting software.Currently, I have four restrictive software settings: Mackeeper, Steam, uTorrent, and Minecraft. All set up to remove the applications if they are triggered/launch...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro 9.101 beta program is now open

The Jamf Beta program is now open for Jamf Pro 9.101. The first beta of Jamf Pro 9.101 brings compatibility and new key-feature support for macOS High Sierra, iOS 11, and tvOS 11. New payloads, restrictions, and MDM commands for the Apple operating s...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dockutil Command w/o Separate Script

Hello! I'm trying to find a solution for attaching Dockutil commands to a policy. I want to embed the command within the policy, instead of creating a separate script for just adding one icon to the dock. I expected to be able to make a one-banger co...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Need help w app distribution. What am I doing wrong?

Primary education environment; Managed Apple Id's. 1:1 distribution. Loaded Osmo app into JAMF from VPP. Distributed to specific user. But I'm having an issue getting Osmo app to load from self service on to teacher iPad. Will not load, I get an erro...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

simple script to take pics using webcam

Our company recently had a system stolen from us, a system that was (mistakenly) not enrolled in our JSS. Fortunately, it was enrolled in DEP so, once the system was wiped then it checked in with DEP and, subsequently, showed up in our JSS (I love th...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extension attributes cleared by Recon policy

Hi there. In order to keep our extension attributes up-to-date, we have added a recon policy, to run once daily, with a script called as follows; #!/bin/sh /usr/local/bin/jamf recon exit 0 When I run this script locally on macs, the recon command upd...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 1 kudos

Script Help, EA for Folder

Hey guys, newbie in this and myself and JAMF been trying to get the following to work but we are not getting much luck. Any thoughts? #!/bin/bash USER=$(ls -l /dev/console | awk '{print $3}') DIRECTORY="/Users/$USER/Desktop/OneDrive - Bunbury Cathera...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors