Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

JSS API POST for iPad Inventory

I am looking into a way to get unassigned and unmanaged iPad's in our JSS before we hand them over to users for inventory tracking. What information do I need to make this happen? I tried using Serial, mac address, and id and was unable to add them i...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple SUS suddenly not working

I have not had any issues with our Apple SUS since I started using it. Randomly a couple weeks back, the command "softwareupdate -l" reports back: "Can't load data from the Apple Software Update server." I get this error on every single system, OS ve...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

Computers not enroll with DEP

Hi, We have just started with DEP in our enterprise. A user-initiated enrollment has been configured : We have set an prestage enrollment with a few options (directory, account settings…).When we run the setup assistance DEP on scoped computer, this ...  View more

d37d017eff8e4695a763efb3e2614e9b
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enterprise Connect with no Binding

Hi All, Looking for advice, Currently, all our Mac are bound to AD and they are using EC to manage the password change. I have tasked with getting all our Mac's off the domain and then just having EC.When testing - I unbind my machine from the domain...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Need help building a deployable OSSEC package

Our security team is wanting us to install OSSEC on Macs. As best I can tell, I can take the unix installer and install it, but it requires Xcode (or another compiler) to be installed. I don't believe it makes a distribution package either, just inst...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

AutoPkgr error "missing trust info"

I'm having issues getting AutoPkgr to work. (It used to). Error I'm getting is: WARNING: com.github.jss-recipes.jss.MicrosoftExcel is missing trust info and FAIL_RECIPES_WITHOUT_TRUST_INFO is not set. Proceeding... str returned non-string (type Error...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script success analytics

Hey guys.Can Jamf create analytics for scripts the was successfully deployed?I want to create scripts to test if installation succeed or not (Check existence of the file)and to analyze my enterprise environment to see in which Macs it worked.If It do...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Blocking network bridge on MAC OSX

Hii will appreciate if someone will be able to help with that.Our security department required to block network bridge between WiFiEthernet or two Ethernet connection at the same time equally. i found script here at jamf ( airport.sh) that working gr...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

High Sierra restriction

has anyone setup software restriction for macOS High Sierra yet? I had macOS Sierra restriction setup with Restrict Exact Process Name = Install macOS Sierra.app and created a new restriction with Install macOS High Sierra.app  View more

• 16 replies
  • 1 kudos

Wallpaper text hard to read on iOS

I have a smart group setup to apply a specific wallpaper to a group of iPads and that all works great. The problem I see is that after some time, especially when a config profile gets re-pushed or changed, the text on the home page goes back to white...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Question regarding a script to re-bind a Mac to AD

I have it working except for one line. When I add groups to Allowed Admin groups in the script, I try to list 3 groups as admingroups="domain admins, enterprise admins, tier2-support" as the variable and use /usr/sbin/dsconfigad -groups $admingroups ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

iCloud backup reporting for IOS devices

Hi Guys, Recently moved companies and I supported strictly macOS devices. I have a need to support IOS here and am selling JAMF to the business as we speak. As I have no access to JAMF at the minute I cannot check, can someone let me know we can repo...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to install CC 2017 apps via self service

Hello all, currently experiencing an issue trying to install CC apps via self service. Procedure: Package app with Adobe Creative Cloud Packager (AAM v10.0.0.49)License Type: Named (we do not have a license key, we assign licensed based on users, and...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

MacOS Sierra 12.5 - Airdrop unable to see iphones

I'm wondering if anyone else is seeing this issue. We have casper set up to thin image our macs, so it just lays our config over the top of the existing OS, and somewhere in there Airdrop seems to lose the ability to see iphones. Both the iphone and ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Workflow for DEP enrollment with Macs

I apologize if this has been asked already, but I am new to JAMF and wanted to see what you guys were doing. I would like my macs to enroll via DEP, get prompted for the user to enter the computer name, then bind to AD. The problem is I cannot figure...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac password resets to AD not working

Hi All, Has anyone seen the case when a user tries to reset their Active Directory password through system preferences and have it return the error that the password doesn't meet complexity requirements? The passwords entered meet the complexity requ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Classroom without Apple School Manager?

Hi there, We're going to have a set of 30 new iPads this fall, managed by our IT department (with JAMF). I'm going to be teaching with these, with all 450 students in the school, one class per hour. So they're going to be shared iPads, but: Our distr...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Supporting Mac Hardware in a large enterprise

I'm part of a very large company thats getting ready to support Macs (hardware and software) and I'm hoping the Jamf community can share some ideas on how they provide Mac hardware support (repairs specifically) for their organizations. I came across...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Migrate from AirWatch to Jamf Pro

Has anyone migrated an existing AirWatch database to JAMF Pro? I have not been able to find JAMF information that helps with the process. The existing AirWatch database has approximately 500 users, 300 Macs, and 300 iPads. Any resources or suggestion...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Job Posting: Austin, TX

We have an opening for a 1st/2nd level support engineer, and we utilize our JSS heavily in our environment so I thought this would be a great place to look for anyone interested:Job Posting - RetailMeNot  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Mail keeps trying to run on Sierra?

As we've got new Macs coming in this summer and they can't accept anything lower than Sierra, I'm now working on setting up a Sierra software configuration. One of the things we have set up on our JSS is that the Apple Mail.app is blocked using Restr...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Permission Denied logging in as specific AD user

Hi All, I had this problem about 2 years ago, with 10.10, and it went away... however, it is back... When ever 1 specific AD user account tries to log into a 10.12.5 machine that it has not used before, it fails. The logs show everything as permissio...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors