Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

What's new in the Jamf Pro 10.34 Release

Today we released Jamf Pro 10.34 which includes enhancements to the Jamf Parent and Jamf Teacher apps, updates to the Jamf Connect auto-deployment settings, and new Shared iPad session features. This release also gives IT admins the ability to select...  View more

• 20 replies
  • 3 kudos

Activation Lock Bypass Code - not working

Errr eeeeeek! Institutionally owned and supervised iPad Air 1 running 9.2 iPad is about 4 months old, with AppleCare. Error message: Incorrect Apple ID or Password. Not sure what to do, it's an expensive paper weight, and the ultimate frisbee team is...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Screensaver policy issues in El Capitan

I'm wondering if anyone else is hitting this. I deployed the workaround to push com.apple.screensaver settings as a Custom Payload instead of using the JSS built-in screensaver settings that are bugged in 9.82. I confirmed that the Profile is pushed ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD Migration & Application Ownership rights

We are currently in the process of migrating our staff to AD from local accounts. I am using the script from here The issue that is coming up is that the local user loses rights to update applications and applications break as well and need to be rei...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issues Loading/Unloading LaunchAgent

We have an in house application that runs via a LaunchAgent that we are looking to deploy. I've successfully packaged up the app along with the plist for the agent, and ensure permissions are correct on everything. The preinstall script is set to che...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 1 kudos

jamfHelper for a reboot on policy installs

Hello, JAMFers. I am working on a couple policy pushes that require reboots. In order to not flip out my user base, I would like to have these reboots give the user the option to wait 60 minutes when they first get the policy applied . . . so they wo...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Devices not managed outside of network.

We have several iOS/OS X devices connected to our JSS. We're able to manage them inside of our corporate network but once the users take them home, we are unable to manage them, ie, send apps, update inventory, remote wipe. Our networking team is loo...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPads no longer managed by JSS

This week I have encountered 2 ipads that seem to have lost the ability to connect to our WiFi, despite the correct profiles still being installed on the devices, as well as the devices being supervised by our school district. After typing in the pas...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad Deployment moving forward

I was hired into a position July of last year to manage our iPads in a school district. We use JAMF as our MDM. We are in an "upgrade" cycle this year, which means that we will be collecting old iPads from students and giving them new iPads. Having n...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cannot change settings "require password after sleep...."

Hi All, I have this annoying problem. For some reason the option to change the setting for "Require password .... after sleep....." is greyed out. When I remove a configuration policy which only does some setting on the Login Window. (A Banner, force...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable Invert Colours

We have iMacs around our high school and the students are inverting the colours/Colors.Is there a simple way i can disable the key stroke commands to stop the inverting of the colours. or would it be better to run a script at start-up ( 8am) to make ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self enroll URL Mac OSX 'Disabled'

Hi, I am trying to enroll a Mac in to Casper via the enrollment URL however it is saying 'Disabled'. When I access the URL via Windows, IOS or Android it loads fine. Any ideas on what might be causing this?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mouse/keyboard issues after sleep and wake up

Hi. I'm hoping someone has run into this issue before. We are seeing more MB Pro's have an issue with the mouse and keyboard not working after going to sleep and then waking up. At first I thought it was due to VM's running on Fusion or Parallels, bu...  View more

• 25 replies
  • 2 kudos

Quickadd: The Installation Failed -- But still enrolls

We are seeing the installation failed message at the end of installing the quickadd package. The machine still gets enrolled even tho we get this message. We are on 9.82. Packages created by recon and user initiated enrollment. I started to notice th...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.11 Composer User Environment Dock

I've noticed that when imaging 10.11 and deploying a FET/FUT dock captured in Composer, the other items on the right of the Apps, such as ~/Downloads seem to have a "prohibited" icon even though the user can still use access that folder from the dock...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

MVM / Foundstone deployment and scanning functionality

I wanted to seek some assistance from anyone with experience running into deploying or allowing Foundstone to scan Macs across an enterprise network. This is something completely new to me and not sure how to properly set-up systems for this. Scripti...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

OS X 10.11.3 Installers

I have created installers for OS X in the past on USB Thumb Drives and Volumes on External Drives. This has worked for Mavericks, Yosemite, and El Capitan version 10.11.2. I have used the "createinstallmedia" app located in /Contents/Resources/ and t...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Home folder redirection in Casper. Best practices?

Hi, I will be undertaking a Jumpstart for a customer later this week and they have requested some post-Jumpstart configuration work. Their JSS is to be hosted on a Windows 2K12 box that will be provisioning several hundred Macs. The Macs are to be bo...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

El Capitan Self Service Dock icon

JSS 9.81 OSX 10.11.3 image Right after imaging with OSX 10.11.3, computers enroll and I let all the post-enrollment policies do their thing. When I login as the local admin account, I see a question mark icon for Self Service. When I click it, I get ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Menu Bar Disappears on logout freezing computer

This is driving me crazy. My students go to logout and the machine seems to hang. The menu bar disappears so they can't attempt to restart the machine. So they pull the power plug and leave it like that.Has anyone else heard of this issue. I created ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

HP Plotter issues

This might be a long shot, but I'm having a hard time finding a similar issue anywhere online or getting HP from HP anywhere. The issue is with an HP Designjet T520 plotter cutting off the end of the image when it prints. It will get most of the way ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cant send to email when email is created from profile

I am seeing a new strange issue on iOS. We have an email configuration profile set up on our devices. Sometime between last year and this (and possibly because of iOS 9) the option to send a document via mail from pages or some other app is no longer...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors