Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Permission Denied logging in as specific AD user

Hi All, I had this problem about 2 years ago, with 10.10, and it went away... however, it is back... When ever 1 specific AD user account tries to log into a 10.12.5 machine that it has not used before, it fails. The logs show everything as permissio...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP & AD - Auto Populate Full Name

I now have DEP set up with AD authentication, this populates the account name and password. Is it possible to auto populate the Full Name field ideally grabbing the user login ID from AD as we really dont want users creating anything they want.  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installing new SMB Printers

We are getting ready to retire our old printer server and install a new one. We have about 150 printers on it and I was trying to find a way to script the migration from old to new. We are keeping the same device names and drivers. Anyone have any us...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Nation Roadshow - Paris le 12 septembre !

Le Roadshow est un événement gratuit d’une journée, conçu pour tous les professionnels de l’IT.Dean Hager, le CEO de Jamf partagera avec passion sa vision pour l’IT dans l’entreprises et l’éducation.Nous effectuerons des sessions techniques sur iOS, ...  View more

5da29c61c2464cbb8f4bac68de0b2786
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

PreStage enrollments

After adding selecting system in PreStage enrollments and factory reset...it takes a while before the computer realizes that. Is there something that I can do that forces it to see that it has config profiles available? Thanks  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

FIX the dock items payload

the dock items payload is horrible, never works correctly. more items you add/remove from the dock the more unstable the results are. some items get added, some items get removed, it's horrible fix this  View more

• 11 replies
  • 1 kudos

Papercut Client permission error when deploying to macs

Hi All, I am having an issue when I am deploying the Papercut Client to our Macs. I have packaged the PCClient via Composer by dragging the app into Composer, also by taking a snapshot to create a DMG and Package to see if either of these work but un...  View more

437c1a5c544f43619f5b355d6e91f507 68c8090810474eb18111167cffc6398f abb9284b335341339ba19d097e4d1732
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Find and save value from a Plist

Sorry for bugging you guys lately but I'm stuck, cause Apple just doesn't like IT and enterprises. I need to create a script that will delete our Safari extension product.The problem is that sometimes the File name is changing and I cant just delete ...  View more

c1ff0fd3a01542f9a98c281a10b12425
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Multiple MDM Environment - Best Practice

Hi Guys,Here is the current situation: 1. Already running AirWatch with iPads, implemented VPP and DEP. 2. Already running JAMF with iMacs, going to implement VPP and DEP. 3. Evaluating Microsoft InTunes, going to test with iPads and iMacs with VPP a...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Delete User on Mac

I need to delete a local account on a group of Macs. What's the best way to accomplish this? Is there a script I can setup in a policy? Thanks in advance.  View more

• 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Editing MySQL directly instead of using API.

I'm guessing that we aren't suppose to edit the MySQL data directly. I tried editing the trigger_manual field in policies and the policy details page (/policies.html?id=*&o=r) shows the new data but the policies list page (/policies.html) doesn't. I'...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wifi Certs are not trusted in Sierra

We have been pushing out wifi certificates to a small group of machines using the Guest account. It works as expected (not prompting the user to accept the certs) in El Cap but in Sierra, users are still getting prompted. All of the certificates in t...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dockutil error but still completes

HI all, I have the following dockutil script. It completes, but throws these errors when I run in via terminal to test: shell-init: error retrieving current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent directories: Permission denied The script is below: #...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Flash 26.0.0.137 Patch Reporting - not reporting correctly

Hi all, just testing with the latest release of Flash from https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/distribution5.html I installed it on a test machine and ran recon but it doesn't show up in the Patch reporting, it still shows the previous version...  View more

a191d62524a3496f90b89933aa44b777
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

OS X 10.13 and AD bind through Jamf

Seems like doing the AD bind through JAMF breaks the workstation. It just gets stuck at the Apple logo and the progress bar is at around 75%. Verbose mode ends with the Apple logo with a progress bar of 0%. Single user mode lets me look around the sy...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Double mounting of home folders on AD accounts

Ever since updating to sierra, our AD bound machines auto mount the parent root of the AD defined home folder at login, but also put a shortcut in the dock which when clicked mounts a a direct share to the users home folder. Has anyone else seen this...  View more

45b2525972c1420cb901c95764f1b528 7e0d10324307482889e1a86a3dbd4559
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.12.4 + Auto Upgrade with not logged in user

Hello, Apple has changed something in the way osinstall works since 10.12.4. There is a workarround for selfservice. https://github.com/kc9wwh/macOSUpgrade/releases But i have the need to get this to work automatically after a pmset during weekend on...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

In house tvOS app of a static image

Hello, We are trying to deploy 80 Gen4 Apple TV's and want to use single app mode to display our logo. Are there any resources or guides on how to develop an in house app that would display a white background with our logo in the middle? I'm not an a...  View more

• 21 replies
  • 1 kudos

Connect LDAP with Jamf Cloud

I'm not sure how to put this or explain it, but going to try my best. We moved over from an on-premise server for JAMF Pro to the Cloud. We wanted to connect LDAP with the JSS to provide the option with authenticating to Macs through the DEP process....  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

BYOD Jamf Removal

We recently let some BYOD devices enroll in JAMF but they are not company owned devices. The employees now want to get them unenrolled after learning what the MDM client abilities are. I know there is a command to remove the framework and unmage the ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors