Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

GSX Connection

I have suddenly lost the connection to gsx for Casper. When I attempt to test the connection I get this message: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset. All my certs are up to date and the connection was working as of April. Has any else gotten t...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Set home folder permission per CIS benchmark

I'm attempting to follow the CIS macOS 10.12 security benchmark. One of the recommendations (5.1.1) is to remove read and execute from group and global. Easy enough to document , but for a live environment we'd want something to run when a new home f...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Force AD PW Policy on Mac

Hi all. We are implementing AD through Kerberos in our Mac environment. We also use OpenVPN. We can successfully bind the Macs to the AD, however, when I try to test the password policy requirements with a simple password, it allows it instead of pre...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP Accounts Disappearing

Hey All, I'm having some issues with Jamf where the VPP Accounts disappear. I've noticed that when this happens, most apps won't update their VPP status on the Mobile Device Apps panel. I tried making a new VPP account and uploading the same .vpptoke...  View more

a7cb33e273174c2facf53731a4dbf185
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Web Home page.

Dear all, After installing 9.99 jss update, the web home page of jss show up for few seconds and then it comes back to the login window. I reinstalled the JCE file but nothing changed. Have you encountered that before?  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enable Siri & Diction and Weather location services

Hi all, I was able to enable the Location Services main setting, however, I'm having issues enabling the Siri&Diction and Weather Location Services. Anyone have any ideas on how to enable via script, config profile, etc? Note: This is on macOS 10.12....  View more

904ceff3e4b14d8eb941e49375c21ad1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adding Files to Casper Imaging Target

I may not be using the right terminology, but I have a problem. I need to built about 100 iMacs via Casper Imaging, and I have a bunch of files in a folder that I want it to copy to each one as part of the build process. What would be the best way to...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

802.1x EAP TLS Trusted Certificates

Hello everyone, I've been working on getting 802.1x set up on our Macs using machine certificate authentication. Currently, my configuration profile is set up such that all of the necessary domain certs are installed (CAs, and intermediate CAs) and t...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Trigger DEP Enrollment pop-up notification

Hey all, I'm looking for a reliable way to trigger the DEP notification (see attached image). Here's the scenario: I work for a school district. We have a fair amount of older macs that were purchased after 2011, but that pre-date our DEP account. Th...  View more

788b283fb8ff4cde9e75b54ce6664b73
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office is Failing Install

Our Self Service Office Install for Mac has worked all year until recently. Now it fails every time. This is what I get from from the logs: [STEP 1 of 5]Executing Policy MS Office Install[STEP 2 of 5]Downloading Microsoft_Office_2016_15.29.16120900_V...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Offline Imaging setup

Hi, I am having a few issues trying to set up offline imaging through Casper. I want to be able to image Macs using 1 of 4 OS images and then 1 of 4 configurations on top of the OS. I have created a base and a creative image for the El Capitan and Si...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adding Safari shortcuts to iPad home screen.

Nevermind, I figured it out on my own. A user has requested a certain website they use be added to their iPad home screens for easy access. I have never done this before and am sure it's something simple but how can I push this out with jamf? I have ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 3 kudos

lpadmin generic postscript driver

I just added a policy that installs a xerox printer using the lpadmin command using the generic.ppd it works, but i want to know if i used the correct driver location ?? could i have just used -P Generic.ppd ? or did i need that whole path ? I know i...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bulk Device Removal

We currently have multiple Pre-Stage Enrollments in place. One for Middle School Students, one for High School Students, one for Middle School Staff, and one for High School Staff. It has been recommended that we flatten our pre-stage one or two enro...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extension Attribute SUS setting

Sorry if this has been answered, I haven't been able to find the answer. I'm trying to find if there is an extension attribute to determine the SUS setting. I've tried multiple combinations of policies and configuration profiles to try to set compute...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac - Ad bind established - but unable to login

I have used several new macbooks with deploystudio, where ad bind is done during deployment. For this one pc however, the login option "other user" does not appear.I have logged in with local admin account and run dsconfigad -show where it looks corr...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 1 kudos

Google G Suite SSO with Jamf Cloud Sample Config

We are new to JAMF Cloud and would like to integrate our Google G Guite as our identity provider with our JAMF Cloud instance. We got the following linkhttps://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/articles/440/configuring-single-sign-on-with-g-suite-google-apps ...  View more

22ef9a6548c3476d90514a33a392bc54
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disabling SIP Using Netboot?

I'm trying to disable SIP just to enable writing to the Accessibility database. I was using tccutil.py previously but as we all know SIP has made this difficult. I ran across a PDF file. The author modifies his netboot image with the command to disab...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

NYC Metro Jamf User Group June 2017 Meeting

While we normally get together every other month or so, Apple is keeping us busy this year! Apple's WWDC (Worldwide Developer Conference) takes place June 5-9 2017. So we are planning a special JUG on June 21st. We will have Apple and Jamf on hand to...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS behind reverse, SSL-terminating proxy?

I guess that the JSS tomcat is pretty standard, which means that it shouldn't be any problem setting up a reverse SSL-terminating proxy in front of it. Am I correct in that assumption? What would be best, Apache or Nginx? I'm thinking the instruction...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors