Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Apple Wired Keyboard Discontinued

With the introduction of the new iMacs on Monday, Apple has removed all traces of its wired keyboard from the consumer and institutional/enterprise stores. Is there anyone else out there managing labs and clusters using bluetooth keyboards and mice a...  View more

• 22 replies
  • 0 kudos

Safari Settings Profile

Hi, as per the images below I have locked a homepage to Safari and settings when new tabs and windows are opened. I would like to enforce the first setting "Safari Opens with:" but am Unable to find the preference in com.apple.safari.plist to set?  View more

028404c88b8f4e35a31a98a48b7af2c0 6ca39cc7246444feb5cee45cd72da8ab
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Policy Script Parameter Value Limits

I have a script that necessitated more parameter values than the 8 slots available so I split the script into 4 separate ones in one policy. What I noticed is that the values in parameters 10 & 11 in each script were ignored or blanked out. Has anyon...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scripting Help: Compressing Home folder for archival

Hi All,Been poking around a bit but haven't found a ton of info on this. Basically, our current process when a user departs is to archive their entire home folder on a server for a period of time. It's an old SMB server so the performance when copyin...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Developer Beta 10.13

Anyone else having issues with the beta? I cannot get it to show up in the App Store after installing the macOSDeveloperBetaAccessUtility. 10.12.6 shows up and I am able to install, but after that, nothing. Kinda weird. Re-created this on several dev...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pushing Updates for MS Office Pro Plus

Hello. I am trying to create an updated package for MS Office 2016 Pro Plus. The installer that I have is about 6 months old. It works fine.. when I install it on a machine, our users are able to sign in with their network account and everything work...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smart Groups

I am trying to create smart groups that group together Macs by computer name or enrollment method. For example I would like the smart group to identify all Merry Oaks HS Macs. It should group together all Macs that have the naming convention for the ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sophos Central for OSX with Domain Overide

Hi All, I'm a Windows user primarily, and we've recently purchase Jamf Cloud for building our macOS estate. So not overly familiar with how configurations work with Mac's. Need some help with getting a Configuration PLIST installed prior to installin...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Set part of serial to become a variable

I am making a bash script to change the password to include part of the serial number, but I only need the last 5 digits. Using this I can set serial as a variable to the full serial number. serial="$(ioreg -l | grep IOPlatformSerialNumber | sed -e '...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 1 kudos

Is it possible to change a Management Account

Currently, for user initiated enrollment, a management account gets created. When we enroll users via Recon, we have to use an account already on the computer. The account that is created with user-initiated enrollment will never exist on a computer ...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 1 kudos

Config Profile APN socket write error

Hi guys, Recently having an issue where config profile is stucked in Pending state. There are some computers that are in pending state for a few days and suddenly the payload is applied. Checked the log and saw a lot of Error in sending push notifica...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

MBPro not registering with JSS

I am having some trouble with a teachers MB Pro. We recently re assigned her one that once belonged to a former staff member and now it no longer shows any sign of communication with the JSS. It is in the right enrollment profile, scoped exactly the ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Remote/JSS User the same

I'm noticing in Casper Remote the User Name is the same on multiple devices I'm working with. When I'm in the JSS and I search for this user, they've got almost 70 devices linked to their name. Another user name has got about 80 devices linked to the...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Alternatives to PatchooDeploy

The tech who was managing our JSS before me used PatchooDeploy (https://github.com/patchoo/patchoo/blob/master/docs/_index.md) in imaging and set it up so that after the computer was imaged with base OS in Casper Imaging it would restart and then wai...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Breaking up JSS in to Tomcat and MySQL

I'm trying to minimize the number of applications installed outside of my firewall or even in my DMZ, and I was wondering if I can have Tomcat/JSS on my DMZ and my MySQL database inside my network. I haven't deployed yet and I can't find any informat...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

ARD and Casper Admin

I've got an odd Apple Remote Desktop issue with Casper Admin. When I need to use the Option key trick to point Casper Admin to a different JSS, the Option key thing doesn't work. It just takes me to the last used JSS and I don't get the window to cha...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Non Admin users removing SSIDs

Hello, Just got a question about some users that travel frequently. They would like the ability to remove SSIDs because when they return to a site the WIFI password has changed and since they do not have admin rights, they cannot remove the SSIDs to ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Suppress Google Cloud Print notification

Hello All, Since we upgraded to Google Chrome 57 and Higher, every time a user launches chrome, they are greeted by a notification that there is a "New Printer" on your network. This notification will continue to bug users unless they select the "Don...  View more

01f8a0263d7b4c9cbb2316c1f40a07f2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors