Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Logged in user screen saver defaults

Hi Everyone, In our testing, the no matter what settings I make changes to, the default screen saver settings for a logged in user, is set to 20 minutes. For our design classes, this isn't nearly long enough. We need this set to an hour. Many times o...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disabling external audio on iMacs

I work for a company where our iMacs are publicly used by our customers. We need to have the external volume disabled but at the same time need internal to still be enabled so that users can plug in headphones to listen to audio. The current solution...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Require Authentication in Pre-Stage Enrollments

Maybe I am blind today, but I do not find the "Require Authentication" box to check ?Previously, it was, and I still can read this in the admin's guide : "The User and Location Information payload is only displayed if the Require Authentication check...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP and Active Directory Binding

Hey All, Has anyone been able to get DEP with Directory Binding to work. We are using Active Directory, that is only accessible internally. We are only trying to get this to work for internal use. Meaning we will be having employees set up their comp...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Server Issues Every Day at 9 AM EST?

Hey nation, So I can't ignore this pattern I've seen over the past few days, possibly weeks. We are setting up several hundred replacement computers and signing users into their AppleID's as part of the setup process. Everything before 9 AM EST works...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Imaging and a ZeroTouch policy

Just for a quick background I work in k-12 and we have a 1 to 1 set up in the High school. I am currently setting up my workflow to work on both DEP enrollment and Casper Imaging. We have hundreds of computers not in DEP so we still need to use Caspe...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Reloading JamfAgent

Hi there,Here at Atlassian we do have a couple of applications which execution depends on the execution of jamf binary on the users machine.Lately we have seen several users where the process jamfAgent has stooped running. What would be the best way ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Tv 3 Managed / configure

Can someone help me understand a few things.We have allot of Apple TV 3 and we are starting to get the Apple Tv 4 which i'm really enjoying. I try and change the the Name of the Apple TV name via JAMF Pro and nothing happens.The command seems to be p...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Changing Computer Names

I'd like to send out a script that will change the computer name from "Jane's MacBook Air" to her short name, which we have configured to look like 21smithj. I know that I can update those names on systems sending out a script, but how to do I get th...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Boot Script Help

I have a launch daemon and a script created to run after an OS upgrade. Results are that the daemon runs, and the script but only part of the script is executing. Below is a part of the script, the Turn SSH on piece works as I can verify that in the ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro 9.99.0 Beta 2 is now available

Beta 2 is now available for Jamf Pro 9.99.0. The second beta build of Jamf Pro 9.99.0 includes, but is not limited to, a new Semantic Versioning schema for all Jamf Pro applications, expanded iOS Lost Mode data collection and display, enhancements to...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

GarageBand Free VPP Version and admin prompt

Hi Everyone, With the new GarageBand free VPP version, we have it installing without any issues. However, when it launches the first time, the users are being prompted to use an admin name and password to finish installing additional files apparently...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installing config profile / WiFi issues using Cisco ISE

I'm installing a config profile that pulls down AD machine certs and connects to our wifi. On some machines, the cisco ise server returns "Endpoint abandoned EAP session and started new" and will fail out. On the client machine, if I delete the SSID ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cache Packages During Imaging

Hello! I would like some clarification on the Casper Imaging utility. Looking for recommendations regarding caching packages. We've got a couple versions of the Adobe Suite, Maya, and Cinema4D for all their yearly releases. These can take a very long...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dock Item

Good morning, I am trying to put a dock item in Self Service. I've had success with stand alone icons but I would like to deploy a folder (with a custom icon). I get everything to deploy through Self Service but when I click the icon it opens the fol...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wifi Self Service

Is there a way to have a wifi profile in self-service available offline? I have users that remove the wifi and then we have to go to the site just to put them back on. Thanks  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self service

Whenever I try to download a app from self service mobile I click install then I turns blue and swirls then goes back to the word install it never installs and it's not just one app can anyone help me  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable FileVault login prompt in El Capitan & Sierra

I'm trying to disable FileVault 2 login prompt as part of my upgrade to Sierra. I'm running... defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.loginwindow DisableFDEAutoLogin -bool YES ...before the upgrade (on a 10.11 box). But still get a prompt on r...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Import MYSQL 5.6 to New MYSQL 5.7 DB

Hi Guys, Looking to move our mysql 5.6 db to a standalone machine. I am thinking this is a good time to move to mysql 5.7. Has anyone imported a 5.6 mysql backup into a fresh 5.7 mysql db? if so any gotchas? tia Larry  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remove FileVault Institutional Key - All Encrypted Macs

Hey all,In hopes of increasing security on my Macs I would like to remove the Institutional key from both the encrypted Mac as well as in the JSS for all encrypted Macs. All Macs still have individual keys that will remain. I am aware of @rtrouton 's...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Printer Mapping via JSS HELP

Hello Casper admins! I'm relatively new to both the Mac world and JSS computer management. We are primarily a windows shop but as of this summer we will be offering Macs to users (due to popular demand). I have been tasked with coming up with a workf...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors