Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Computers Restarting on idle after Jamf Enrollment

We recently started rolling out JAMF at my company, as a replacement for MaaS360 and Munki. Currently, we're in the first phase, which is rolling out JAMF for MDM and maintaining Munki for package management while we finish setting up self-service an...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Removing Directory in user Folder

Hello, Im trying to remove the Office 2011 data folder for users. I have not had success wit hit. I tried to create a policy via composer as a DMG to uninstall and no remove scripts are working. Its the folder under Documents/Microsoft User Data  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sierra and Jamf Pro

So I'm finally sticking my toe in the water and testing out Sierra. I'm having some issues with checking in, inventory, running policies etc. On one JSS and one test box it seems to get stuck running policies. This starts after a few days if enrollme...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

locked if your Mac

You can display a keychain lock icon in the menu bar and use it to quickly lock or unlock your keychain. In Keychain Access, choose Keychain Access > Preferences. Click General, then click Show Status in Menu Bar. Problem when I reboot mac lock icon ...  View more

6d8bc5afb81e4572bb9cf258ddd1ca01
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Create Custom Background package

Hi ALl, Im trying to create a custom Background branding package will I can send to all my managed machines. I have the image but when i add to composer - create a DMG and then create policy for deployment nothing happends. What am i doing wrong? Ple...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Chrome browser - Adding URL to allow flash plugin

I'm trying to add an URL to allow flash player plugin to work as one of the testing site relies on it. I've tried scripting this and does write it in the plist but doesn't reflect on chrome. I did see the configuration profile method but rather not u...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Prohibit Internet Acces During an exam

Guys and Girls, Anyone got an quick fix for an way to switch on and of the internet acces during an exam on iMac's with os 10.11.5 on in? Involves 24 Macs in a smart group, so should be a way to do this. Off course I could turn of the NIC but then I ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

how to debug dsconfigad error

We are experiencing bind issues on some of our MAC's. The following is part of a script that errors. The script ubinds (not shown here) and then attempts to rebind. The mac is able to ping the domain. I plan to clean up the System keychain and also c...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packaging Adobe CC 2017 / preventing Adobe Sign-In

We've got around 100 device licences for Adobe CC 2017, which at the moment we deploy manually via a package built from CCP (as was done with 2015). What's the best way to package this up for deployment? I'm keen to get our guys to able to do this wi...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

What do the Management Commands mean?

In Management History > Completed Commands there are multiple entries for the following Commands: CertificateList, iTunes Account Status, iTunes Account Info, and ProfileList. What do each of these Management Commands mean?What do they do?If they are...  View more

b44a7f72c4094460922f8b142011408e
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

disable self service from launching at reboot

hi all - we have a self service (SS) policy that users click, does some action and restart immediately...this policy works fine. except after user logs back in, self service auto relaunch. this may be a feature by design (not sure)....but is there an...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remove Mobile Accounts on Login

Things I have tried: LaunchAgent The LaunchAgent doesn't have permissions to run the commands in the script. Wasn't sure how to get around this. Policy on Login We use Wifi to authenticate and when the machine attempts to check for login policies, th...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Logging Internet Usage with Parental Controls

I'd like to setup Website Logging in Parental Controls for all the student Macs we have here in the district. The problem is, I'm not find a way to do this without touching each machine. Is there a way to turn on Internet Logging? I don't care about ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dogs love Jamf

My buddy has a wound we are taking care of, and I had this JNUC shirt that was too small for me. He's lookin' sharp!  View more

d03bda0f91944a57a056617217cc42c7
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Print Inventory

Is it possible to print a list of my current inventory? Or to print much of anything from the jss dashboard, really. The best option I've found so far is screen shots, and that is very time-consuming and doesn't look very nice.  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disabling Spotlight/Notification Center without SIP

Hi everyone, Our school wants to use 100-150 laptops for exams. In the past we've disabled and hidden Spotlight/notification center from the menu bar via script, but because of SIP we get errors until we disable it. Is there a way to completely disab...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Vpp Keynote deployment to 10.11

Hi, I have Keynote 7.1.1 in Vpp Mac App Store Managed Apps. But this requires OS 10.12. My question is can I distribute the earlier version of Keynote for 10.11? There is a check box under the VPP tab to assign to 10.11, but I don't know if this will...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

security set-identity-preference 802.1x issues

I've been working on setting up 802.1x using profiles -I -FOn some machines, I'm noticing the mobileconfig is not creating the com.apple.network.eap.user.identity.wlan.ssid.SSIDNAMEHERE in keychain. On others, it gets created and connects immediately...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enterprise Printer Deployment

I am new to JAMF and until now we were a 100% Windows environment. We are starting to issue Macs to users managed by JAMF and need to deploy about a total of 300 printers in about 60 offices nationwide. They are all different makes and models. All of...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

JNUC 2017 Call for Presenter Proposals and Ideas

Hello Jamf Nation! As I’m sure you’ve heard, the Jamf Nation User Conference is back and better than ever. From October 24 to 26, we’ll rally subject matter and product experts for valuable content, networking, and some new surprises – first of which...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Usernames not showing in our JSS instance

Good afternoon,I wonder if anyone might shed light on why the JSS doesn't seem to be pulling username info for machines in a smart group search. Interesting to note that two admins of our instance do have their short names show, but all users do not....  View more

c666bac53dcc42458cafaac43618d83c
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors