Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Jamf Management Account questions

We've slowly been deploying JAMF to a handful of computers and we've been using multiple methods to deploy. (QuickAdd Package, Self Enrollment, and Apple DEP Enrollment). We've noticed that not all computers are being managed by the same Management a...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

MS Office Update Server | Pushing out to clients

I've fired up a virtual Ubuntu Server that dishes out MS Office Updates to Mac Clients with Office 2016. The settings for updating office are user specific and not globally defined. I'm wondering how anyone is pushing these custom settings out to the...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Indisponibilité le 22 juin

Je me marie et passe une semaine avec ma future du 16 au 26 juin.Est-il possible de décaler cet évènement avant ou après ?Vincent  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Intermittant access denied with SMB mounts

Hi, For some time I have been seeing the access denied red circle with white dash in the middle for a small but frustrated group of users on our campus. The access will be denied and then come back again with no intervention. I have even seen it on m...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script or Profiles for Skipping Setup Assistants in Sierra

Running through testing our upcoming deployment of Sierra Upgrades via Self Service as well as preparing for new laptops being delivered in a few weeks. Wondering if I could get some recommendations on how to skip the setup assistants for iCloud, App...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Merci pour votre présence jeudi dernier.

Bonjour à tous, Merci d'avoir répondu présent lors de la réunion du 20 avril. Nous vous enverrons les ressources mentionnées et comptons sur vous pour continuer à faire vivre ce groupe d'échange entre administrateurs aguerris Apple. Une prochaine réu...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sierra Updates

I realized that Sierra forces clients to update incremental system updates which can take a while.I'm trying to find the best way to run said updates using a policy.Our users don't use Self Service so it needs to be automated.Ive seen a lot of great ...  View more

34bbd393d894401c98003c8d7500a732
  • 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

sed scripting experts?

I want to create a script that will include the ability to convert a Windows unc path to something usable for the Mac. I'm only working on the conversation portion right now and have put the following together by finding some examples online. echo '\...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Outlook changing everything to UTC time zone

So I have a few users and the calendar keep switching to UTC time zone. The time zone is correct everywhere else. I have tried toggling, reinstall, updates. Its correct everywhere else. Its even right in Citrix. Anyone have any thoughts on the subjec...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Chrome Cert Errors for JSS

Hi, Has anyone else seen this error with the latest version of Chrome? QuotedText This server could not prove that it is jss.myserver.com; its security certificate is from [missing_subjectAltName]. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attac...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Multiple iOS Exchange Mail Profiles ?

Hello, newbie to the Jamf kingdom here. Not my first rodeo in the mobile or MDM world though... I need some opinions on what might be the best way to solve an Exchange email policy conundrum. The situation is as follows: iOS device deployment for a g...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Monitoring the Finder favorites list

I'm curious if anyone knows how I could monitor the Finder's favorites list. I was considering using a launchagent to monitor for changes of com.apple.LSSharedFileList.FavoriteItems.sfl since I've read that this is where that configuration is stored;...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

unlocking system prefs for non admins in 10.12.4

I'm trying to unlock some of the system preferences but the security authorizationdb write system.preferences does not seem to work any more ... However old scripts I unless for time settings etc ... are also no longer working so I guess something ha...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Change the clock format?

Hello Everyone, I know there is a feature request out there for changing the clock format, but it is an older request. Has anyone found a workaround for this so we can display the clock in the menu bar with the seconds? A simple function but it at le...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Whither TextWrangler?

Ruh roh... Still shows up in VPP (for now)... Tweeted to BareBones to see what they say...hopefully BBEdit will be offered through VPP.(*) (*) Not that VPP makes a whole lot'a sense for paid apps...upgrades are full price...but if BBEdit is going to ...  View more

d532f601d6544cb79a49636c3bb9045d a65d095aa3e848189f104af7a63d60ab 9f36a1236ade433d83af1f4110c57d0c
  • 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Skype for Business 16.6.332

Hello all! Our company is on S4B for mac and we're getting ready to release the latest version (16.6.332). However, we're having this issue where a user starts chatting in an old conversation but the message fails to send and then the chat gets disab...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sorting VPP Apps in Self Service - Vote up!

Please vote this up if you can. It sounds silly, but our users really don't like that they are always at the top. https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/feature-requests/5998/ability-to-sort-vpp-apps-within-self-service  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors