Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

password change confirmation

Setup:Our mac's are bound to AD and upon password change (via system preferences) we have a custom filter (code) that gets triggered (on AD side) and inserts password hashes in a db. The hashes are synced to OpenLDAP and RADIUS (within minutes & user...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple software update

Hello, i need your thoughts about an actual way of updating the macOS and Apple apps in a production environemnt. Let me discribe our past update workflow. I have used Apples SUS Service a few years. With that solution i could activate or deactivate ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable users setting passcodes

Hi all, I posted this in the MACADMINS slack group, but though I should try here as well. Anyone know if it is possible to completely disable a user setting a passcode on a device?Last time I looked apple wasn't too keen on the idea, which in theory ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

List Contact groups?

Kind of an odd request, but does anyone know a script that would list the number of groups that a user would have in Contacts.app?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple TV Configure

I just played around with the new settings and they are a bit underwhelming in my eyes.We don't have DEP so we have to use Apple Config 2 to push the config profile out which is fine.We supervise them at this stage as well. We need to Name the Apple ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

How to find out where/what the push server is?

Hi all, When looking into Casper JSS, when looking into each Macbook's management command, I'm noticing quite a few error messages"There was a problem communicating with a push server" I understand this is to push Configuration Profiles onto each Mac...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restriction Hack, Apple ID

Our school does not allow Apple IDs on student iPads. I have disabled signing in with the Apple ID during initial setup and then push a Configuration Profile to lock the accounts in Settings and hide the Apple App Store. This prevents students from u...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Replacing Adobe app icons

We've got multiple versions of some Adobe apps on some of our machines, and we thought it'd be nice to have slightly customized icons (2017 added to the bottom corner of the icon for example). It'd be nice if we can replace the icon with a post-insta...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Testing APNS on Windows Server

I'm trying to troubleshoot APNS on my JSS. I tried to telnet telnet gateway.push.apple.com 2195 / 2196 but all I get is a blank screen on the Windows server. On my Mac I get some acknowledgment that it actually connected. Any other ways to test? Chri...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remote Commands

I just have a quick question. A remote command uses push notifications, instead of a check in, correct? As such, if I send a remote wipe command to a system that is off the network, then connect it to the network, how long until it checks in and wipe...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mass implementation of Lost Mode on iPads

Does anyone know of a way to turn on lost mode for a large number of iPads without going to each iPad in the JSS? We are thinking of turning on lost mode for a large number of our iPads over the summer so that it would be easy to see if an iPad was s...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

General Question about Webhooks

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong here: #!/bin/bash ROOM_ID='Room_ID' AUTH_TOKEN='My_Auth_Token' MESSAGE="Hello World" curl -H "Content-Type: application/json" -X POST -d "{"color": "purple", "message_format": "text", "message": "$MESSAGE" }" ...  View more

ebffc5e54e754c5fb39cf1cca5936f0f
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lightspeed Automatic Authentication on iOS

Ok, so what I'm trying to do is set a configuration profile so that when I am on network, my iPad will automatically connect to the wifi that is in range(already configured) and once it is connected it will take a particular set of LDAP credentials t...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hiding WiFi password

Hi nation, one of my current projects is to try to hide the WiFi password from the user in any way.Our setup is: Deploystudio Image and DEP with PreStage Enrollments. The WiFi Setup with all SSIDs come from Casper - 3 different policies. Our students...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Login Policy Running as root user

I am trying to configure a login policy to modify the side bar (using mysides & sfltool), however whenever the policy runs it is running as the root user. Does anyone have a working login policy that runs as the user logging in?  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Net SUS issues

Hello there everyone. I am working on getting our NetSUS device back up and running, as it was set up last year, and collected cobwebs pretty much for the better part of a year. Now I am attempting to get into the device, and when I attempt to go int...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Single Mobile Device Group?

How would I edit this script to only capture a single Mobile Device Group? I tried just editing line 119, which had a string for "/JSSResource/mobiledevices", but that didn't cut it. Here's the error I get...my guess (as a very, very poor coder) is t...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remotely Clear Mobile Safari Cache / History

Is there a way of remotely clearing Mobile Safari Cache / History. We have Safari locked, so students cannot clear the History on the device (so if they are browsing where they should not we have their History data). BUT, there are sites that come up...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 7 kudos

autopkg and Chrome

This may not be the best forum, but I'm going to ask here nonetheless. When I try to use autopkg today to download Google Chrome, I get version 49.0.2623.112. However, the current version is 57.0.2987.133. I've never had to troubleshoot autopkg befor...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Creating Sierra Image

Hi, I'm new to using Macs and administering them. I have a question regarding creating new images with Sierra as the OS. I've downloaded the OS from the App store, and I was just wondering if I have to re-package the "Install MacOS Sierra.dmg" in Com...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS Actions stuck on 'sending'

Sorry if this is something obvious I've missed. I tried searching through old discussions but couldn't find any with a solution to this problem I set up a non-admin user in the JSS to be able to manage iPads but the problem we're running into is any ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Per App FW rules?

Hi All,Just got a request to route Skype traffic differently when a user is connected to VPN vs not connected. In Windows, this firewall rule is super easy, but I can't seem to figure it out on the Mac. Does anyone know if this is even possible with ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

New iPad 9.7" not syncing

We just got in a large amount of the new iPads. I have them in DEP and in Prestage Enrollment but when you setup the iPad it doesn't say they are being supervised by us and try to setup like a normal unmanaged device. We are currently running JSS 9.9...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

disable iOS sync in iTunes

Hey Everyone, I have the config profile setup to block writing to external devices. This is working for external hard drives and thumb drives. Users are still able to sync iOS devices with iTunes though. Should that config profile be blocking the abi...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Join wifi via script

Our current wifi is based on AD authentication. Is there a way to connect a particular machine using the bound account to the wifi network via bash or apple script?  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Manage ethernet adapter settings for iOS (802.1x)

Hello Nation, I am investigating if it is possible to manage ethernet connections on iOS devices via configuration profiles. This is for an iPad Kiosk setup: iPads connect to the wired network through a powered Lighting to USB 3 adapter and Apple USB...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 1 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors