Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Priority installing

I have an app scoped to 4 device groups, when it was first set up the number of devices in the scope was less than the number of apps available, now but over time the number of devices out numbers the amount of available apps, I wish to install the a...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smart Policy for Missing Encryption Keys

Working through a migration performed on JSS servers a while back. I'd set up a policy to reissue the FileVault 2 key following a few people's work (mostly @rtrouton's FV2 stuff) by deploying a .plist, importing, reissuing, yada yada yada. It's faile...  View more

5b59efd397a54768bdbe42733d3d464a 484d71c6965f43b1bd8b02f22a55b29e
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Auto sign-in to local account

I am trying to force login to a local account so that our students can use this (restricted) account for assessment purposes. I am having no issue creating the local account via policy, or setting the restrictions, but I would like this account to be...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Trouble connecting devices across domains.

So I have two WiFi networks here on separate domains. A guest network and a secured network. The guest network has its own domain and is on a separate VLAN. I have opened traffic for my devices to communicate outside my network and it works fine from...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Closed cases?

Before I ask the question, this is not an angry post! Just curious why... I have had a couple of open cases with Jamf Support, the latest being a rather important one and ongoing for about a month back and forth now, but then end up randomly being cl...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

iCould Desktop folder exclude

Hello,Maybe not an direct Jamf question,But one might know it here. I have an iCloud account, 200 GB always handy.It also backups my desktop and document folder. Cool feature, but since I am kind a used to store temporary things on my desktop, it use...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple TV 4 Console Logs

I just noticed in Apple Config 2 that i can view the console logs of the connected Apple TV.These logs are viewed in live time but could be useful if i was able to download the whole log or the last 2 hours worth etc. Was wondering if anyone knows a ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Sierra 10.12.4 upgrade disabling all Safari Plugins?

Hi, I recently have noticed several machines that are exhibiting an issue where after a 10.12.4 upgrade, all Safari plugins are disabled and cannot be re-enabled. Has anyone seen this issue and if so what steps were taken to resolve the issue? Thanks...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro 9.99.0 - Beta program is now open

The Jamf Beta program is now open for Jamf Pro 9.99.0. The first beta build of Jamf Pro 9.99.0 includes, but is not limited to, a new Semantic Versioning schema for all Jamf Pro applications, expanded iOS Lost Mode data collection and display, enhanc...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

After Enrollment Trigger

We use DEP enrollment and have a policy that runs right after the user gets to the desktop. The trigger currently is "Enrollment Complete". It works great on ethernet, but not on (our corporate) WiFi. The user authenticates to the WiFi network, authe...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Template for Auto Update Magic Plug-ins

I've got this working for Firefox and Chrome which are applications but having trouble setting things up for Flash which is a plug-in. I'm trying to use this as a Plug-in template: %group_name% true Plug-in Title 0 and has %JSS_INVENTORY_NAME% P...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Rj45 adaptor for ipads

So i sent the lock device command to find a missing iPad, at some point it took and locked the iPad out like it is suppose to do, but now that the device has been found the wifi is off and not able to receive the unlock command, is anyone else having...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extension Attribute for number of files on desktop

Has anyone managed to pull this off? I'd like a number of files listed on the desktop so I can smart group those offenders with tons of junk on their desktop, or even in their downloads folder. I thought ls | wc -l ~/Desktop might work but it doesn't...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

How do you actually use the Activation lock bypass?

Ok I have been looking for a bit now and I cannot for the life of me find out how to properly use the activation lock bypass. I do not see proper instruction anywhere on Jamf nation or in the administrators guide. I have the device supervised and now...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Finding computers with blank "Last Check-in" value

We are trying to trim down our JSS and have found that there are some systems that have a blank “Last Check-in” value which indicates they were not properly managed at enrollment. All attempts to isolate all of these systems with a Smart Group or Adv...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 1 kudos

documentation en francais

bonjour je suis débutant sur Jamf Pro , j aurais besoin de documentation en français pour passer mon CCT, j ai besoin de personnes d expérience sur la suite Casperpour m aider a évoluer sur ce produit et pouvoir surtout être autonome. mercialain  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

OSX updates - best practice?

Hello, As we want to implement (or force, actually) our users to update to the latest macOS I thought I'd ask for some "best practice" tips if you already have a working system in place. We still have a two users on 10.8.5 and 10.9.5 (sigh), which I ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

DFS and weird Finder Windows

Hi Nation, Hoping some one can help me out. We use DFS in our organization and when ever we mount the a share at the DFS root we get odd finder windows. The window sill display but it seems as though there are no window preferences. The tool bar unde...  View more

9a87b3b8e5814f71a68fa0d887876d3a d61f4b4d3d66467fba150216716ea558
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Server 5.3 seems to have broken my JDS

Seems like Server.app 5.3 has broken my JDS.During the upgrade process, Server.app ran through "renewing certificates". As such, the web service is now trying to use the built-in cert vs the JSS cert.Looking at my apache_serviceproxy.conf file, jss_c...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors