Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Xcode 8.3.1 - App Store only?

I logged in to developer.apple.com/download to get Xcode 8.3.1 and discovered that the latest version available from there is 8.3. However 8.3.1 is available in the Mac App Store. Does this mean we will no longer be able to stay on top of the latest ...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault Password Change Script

Hi All, I've finally moved to publishing some of my more useful junk. Here's a much-discussed issue that we fixed internally with a collaborative script that I finalized. This is a version that is scrubbed of our environment's details. Any pro-tips o...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Package a .plist

I want to package my com.apple.SoftwareUpdate.plist and have it installed on other macs. the plist i want packaged will have Automatically check for updates. AND install system data files and security updates CHECKED !! I DO NOT WANT Download newly a...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Historical MAC Addresses

Hi All, I made the following Extension Attribute to collect MAC addresses of devices now that we are living in Dongle Hell. This reports the last MAC address of both built-in and removable devices connected to the machines. To prevent the table from ...  View more

151d1773f43f4b289eaa847e5eab9945
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

End of the Year practices

Curious as to how other schools go about cleaning up their jamf Pro at the end of the year? Do you clear out pre stage enrollments, Classes, Users, and start fresh in the fall ? I feel like it wouldn't be a bad thing to do to clear out the years clut...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Modify Notification Center

Looking for a way to add/remove things to the notification center. A reason for this is we restrict the built in Calendar.app, but it's in Notification Center by default. So if a user opens NC they will get a jamf prompt saying that Calendar is restr...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Certifications-- when to do it

I was reading a few posts about certifications not being valid for the new jamf pro v 10 if you only had certification for v9. My question is, if i do not have any of the certifications currently would it be better to wait until v10 is out and get ce...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script Help for Extension Attribute

Hello all, we are creating a script to report back if a system is compliant or non-compliant with out PIVM requirement. See below for the script I have so far. It works great in terminal, and returns either compliant or noncompliant as expected, but ...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple TV deployment

Looking to begin deploying Apple TVs in conference rooms , for screen sharing ability. For the IOS and Mac OS systems , this is zero touch , how are you all deploying solutions like this for your windows users ?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unscheduled shutdown

Dear all After Jamf enrollment some of my clients have an issue as after longer period of sleep mode computer shutdown. So I can't find any settings regarding shutdown in Jamf. I do use configuration profile without energy saver payload. Have you exp...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script to open an outlook compose window

Hello, I am trying to find for a script where it would open a new email window on 2016 MS outlook with a pre filled "TO:" field and everything else is blank. I tried different scripts i found online but non of them worked. thanks  View more

• 6 replies
  • 1 kudos

Enhanced Dictation Pack download fail MacOS 10.12

Hello Friends , I'm trying to enable Apples built in enhanced dictation on MacOS 10.12 but receive error "Dictation languages are not available to download at this time " have tried different networks , managed and non managed machines . I tested on ...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Canon Printer Script

Hello, Im looking for the best way to install printers via bash script. I download drivers from canon and it provides two options: PS driver with the size of 40mb and a UFRII pkg with the size of 71mb. We used to install using generic drivers but som...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packaging Casper Suite

I'm packing up the Casper Suite apps via Composer by doing New > Normal Snapshot > (Name) > Complete installation. Then when it shows the summary, I delete whats in there, and drag/drop the Casper Suite folder from Applications back into Composer, pr...  View more

2abf26df21a34cb090aa38677c30fa06
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office Smart Group

I would search for this but not sure what keywords to search for. Anywho I need to create a smart group, two to be exact, one that shows who has Office 2011 and who has Office 2012. I tried a few ways and the results are not correct. Has anyone set t...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Odd behavior from Jamf recon on PCs

We're seeing some erratic behavior from jamf recon running on Windows PCs that we're wondering if anyone else has seen. Note: We're using the binaries from v9.93 and running on Windows 7. Oddity #1: I manually run recon on a PC, the report visually l...  View more

8786e1e0b62a4563b4a11b04c2d78856
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Need Assistance - Removing Centrify

Okay, hopefully someone can assist with the best course of action for the following. Current Environment: Centrify installed - AD BoundAccounts are Mobile, ManagedFV2 Enabled New Environment: JAMF ProLocal Accounts - NO AD; using AEC for password man...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netsus setup with Ldap login

Hello,We currently are not using ldap for JSS cloud and we intend to keep it that way. However, we want to use AD login for the NetSUS server. I have followed the instructions from here: http://content.jamfcloud.com/NetBootSUSLPServerUserGuide_v4.0.0...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netsus setup with Ldap login

Hello,We currently are not using ldap for JSS cloud and we intend to keep it that way. However, we want to use AD login for the NetSUS server. I have followed the instructions from here: http://content.jamfcloud.com/NetBootSUSLPServerUserGuide_v4.0.0...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Reference Mac App Store download directory in script

I am trying to do something rather interesting to help our student body with Garageband. These are non-admin accounts, installing Garageband from VPP in Self Service. I have other scripts to automatically download and install this content but for tho...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors