Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Need help with System Pref General Setting

I am looking to change all of my users System preferences --> General --> set 'Show scroll bars' to 'Always'. I didnt see it in "managed Preferences" so I am wondering how to set this in jamf for my users.  View more

4264c949e8554285a7b1d67f3e1d03e2
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP icons have disappeared from Self Service

Hi - this is a quick question (I think) that I wanted to run by you guys before raising a support ticket. This morning my primary JSS (i.e. Tomcat) restarted or something and I found it stuck "Reading tables" on the JSS startup progress bar in my bro...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automatically renew certs in 10.12.4 update

I saw this tidbit tucked away in the About the macOS Sierra 10.12.4 Update page: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204836 This has me very excited. I can't wait to see if it's true and how well it works. I hate having to manually "renew" computer cer...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Server Specs

Would like some advice on specs for new servers. We have between 6000 & 7000 students and another 1000 staff. We are 1-to-1 K-12 with iPads K-6 and Mac laptops 7-12. Our current JSS is running on an old Mac Pro server with the MySQL database on Windo...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPN blocking management commands?

We're just in the process of setting up our JSS and noticed something odd. Usually our Macs are on our wireless network and often they also have a VPN tunnel setup to our internal network. When sending a management command to one of these Macs, such ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP iOS Apps Description Language in Self Server

Hello,I live in Japan and am the admin for a group of teachers. We recently moved to Jamf from OSX Profile Manager. When I used to distribute apps from our VPP the descriptions were always in English. However, in the Jamf self serve they all default ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Clustering Status

I am running 9.98 and we use clustering as we have one internal JSS and one in the DMZ. On the DMZ server if I go into the clustering page it shows localhost (DMZ server) and also my other JSS. If I go into the master JSS the clustering page only sho...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Force immediate NoMAD local password sync?

I've been experimenting with NoMAD and I have the preferences set to sync local passwords as shown below. It seems the only time it initiates a sync (on subsequent login) is if the local user changes the AD password from the NoMAD menu. How do I forc...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

macOS 10.12.4 upgrade via Self Service fails

hey guys, anyone else seeing this error when trying to create a macOS upgrade via Self Service? Executing Policy Install macOS Sierra UpgradeInstalling macOS 10.12.4 Installer.dmg...Preparing for in-place OS upgrade...Failed to copy file to the insta...  View more

• 92 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS - Audiobooks and Managed iPads

Hi all, Just thought I would open up a little bit of a discussion on how - if any of you - manage the distribution of audiobooks in your environments? I don't need huge distribution, it's only to at most 4 iPads. Theoretically at the moment it could ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managing Notifications for BBC News UK

Hi, I'm trying to block notifications for the BBC News app at my school (too many irrelevant pushes during the day). When I go to configure the notifications for the app, I search in the Notifcations payload and an app called BBC News comes up with a...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

unfortunate Situation

has anyone discovered a way to get around a situation where an iPad is not allowed to par with a computer? if not is available do we as users feel it should be available in situations where police need to be involved and evidence can not be altered?  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Skype for Business auto-discover

Hi, I am pretty new on this forum, is there a way to deploy SfB for OS X / Mac OS and define that it wil automaticly sign-in with the outlook credentials. We have done this for Lync 2011 but pretty new to SfB. Thanks!  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Random Question.... Composer Capture of VPP app?

So this is a foolish question, and you may go "HUH?" when you read it, but has anyone tried to do a Composer capture of a VPP installed app? Without going into too many details, I'm looking to create a base, thick image, but package Xcode into it. Wi...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

How are you deploying new mac laptops?

I currently have laptops enroll in via jamfcloud, download and run the quickadd.pkg. And during the enrollment process, i have it download all the profiles/install microsoft office and 6 other 3rd party applications including antivirus. The entire qu...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Creative Cloud app isn't autoupdating

I recently discovered that our Creative Cloud desktop app hasn't autoupdated in about 6 months. It used to autoupdate itself just fine... then it just seemed to stop. When I discovered this a couple weeks ago I had to manually download and run the CC...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP assignments vs Installs

In our JSS, there is a significant discrepancy between VPP assignments (all used by Mobile Devices), and App Installs. I've checked a few mobile devices' installed app lists - and some don't actually have this app, but are still counted among the lis...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Time Machine - Username and password to Nas box.

Hi, We have a Nas box we are using for Time Machine, currently it's setup locally on the machines however i would like to set it up via Casper so we can manage it. The Nas has Bonjour enabled and currently backs up without the need of mounting. Howev...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors