Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Updating user images in Apple Classroom

Does anyone know what it takes to update an image on a user in Apple Classroom? If you change the image file, the new image shows correctly on the user in the JSS, but Apple Classroom continues to show the old image. Deleting the source image doesn't...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to disable running commands from vi?

I want to stop standard users from being able to carry out a shell escape from vi, which gives them a root shell to do as they please. Please see the example below: computer: user$ whoamiusercomputer: user$ sudo viPassword: (In VIM Editor, call ':bas...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro name change question

So I downloaded JAMF Pro 9.98 to start testing for a future update. What I noticed that even though they call it JAMF Pro, the application folder still refers to it as Casper Suite. Will they ever change the application folder to refer to it as JAMF ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Stop file deletion by a local admin

We have a .app file on the desktop that students are deleting. They login in using an account that we create that needs to be local admin. Is there any way to stop the file from being deleted by running a script using chmod or chown commands. I have ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to set Google Chrome Policy via Casper

Dear Forum Members,Since the update of Google Chrome to 57, we have issue of "Your connection is not private" error and basically Chrome doesn't work with anything now. We are waiting on a proxy upgrade and in the mean time, also told to do a workaro...  View more

39a10d049545446e9dad8c4a30a1a042
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

9.98 issues?

I installed 9.98 on a test box, upgrading from 9.97.188824529405205225425r9243u5r0234, a notification alert was waiting.. It links to Settings --> Computer management --> Security...But doesn't list anything is specifically wrong.  View more

ca8509ee84904e8ba08ee04caa84d646
  • 25 replies
  • 0 kudos

[OT] PCI Compliance

I was given a list of things that we need to keep track of for PCI compliance, but it's all fairly vague to me, and their PDF explaining what everything is makes it even more vague. Anybody going through/have already been through this and has any ins...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Paranoid InfoSec doesn't trust Apple at all

Surely I'm not the only one who works in an environment that is inherently paranoid when it comes to security AND is fairly hostile toward Apple devices. We have very restrictive firewalls and proxies in place that affect the desktops and the servers...  View more

• 20 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploy Extension for Firefox

Has anyone had any luck with this? We have an extension for Firefox that is made to allow Smartcard use. It is an .xpi file. I tried creating a snapshot package, but this ends up just creating a second firefox profile for the user, instead of adding ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

On-Prem Jamf Customers Upgrading to 9.98

If you are an on-prem Jamf Pro customer and you have run versions 8.0 or 8.1 of Jamf Pro, please reference this knowledge base article before installing 9.98 in your environment. While there is no impact to functionality, you may see increased errors...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Freshly imaged mac not getting any profiles

This is a first for me. I have a Mac that was freshly wiped clean and imaged with a 10.12.1 image. After the first reboot it actually ran the EnrollmentCompleted policies on its own (which haven't been happening lately). All the Enrollment policies a...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Special characters in Dockutil label?

Is it possible to put special characters in Dockutil Label ?I am using French Mac OS X 10.12 and I want to add the Download folder to the dock. /usr/local/bin/dockutil --add "$home_dir/Downloads" --label 'Téléchargements' --view fan --display stack -...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

802.1X service could not be updated

I created a new profile called "802.1x Wired Network Profile" in Jamf > macOS Configuration Profiles.When applying to machines by adding machines in Scope of this profile, I can see all machines shown as "Completed" in profiles listing summary for th...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can Google's MDM and Jamf Pro Coexist?

I've recently started as an Apple Admin and we use the Google Suite as much as we can. Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Drive, etc. We also manage our iOS devices with JAMF Pro, but we use Google's MDM for BYOD devices (access to Drive and Gmail on personal devi...  View more

• 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

Reporting on profile sizes

We have Include home directory sizes ticked in Computer Inventory Collection and can see data when looking in a JSS computer record. All good. The only issue now is I need to send a report to our project team as we are moving a load of users to MacBo...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Display router IP?

We use static IP's in our environment and have a need to verify default router IP's from time to time. Can anyone recommend an extension attribute or script that would display the default router/gateway info?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Trigger action on AD account lock

Hi Everyone, I am running into some issues with account lock outs in an AD environment. I am working on a script to trigger a notification and gather local logs to get ahead of the issue. I do not believe it is the Sierra lockout issue because it hap...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Admin Account Best Practices

I need some advice from those who have had much more experience managing a 1:1 laptop program, specifically (for today at least) around managing admin accounts. I have the primary Local Administrator acct that is tied to the JSS. It is also the accou...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors