Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Enabling Flash Player and only Flash Player

I am trying to enable Flash Player and only flash player in safari through a configuration profile. my plist looks like this. ManagedPlugInPolicies com.macromedia.Flash Player.plugin PlugInDisallowPromptBeforeUseDialog PlugInFirstVisitPolicy P...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Splash Screen Message

Jamf Nation, Does anyone know if it is possible to have a message display during the pre-boot splash screen on a Mac with FV2? This would be during the "Apple" loading screen at first boot. OR Would it be possible to display a message during the disk...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

post 9.97.1488392992 upgrade issues?

Is anyone else seeing issues with the JSS after upgrading to 9.97.1488392992? I've been having problems with users of the JSS getting kicked out to the login screen unexpectedly and with cached packages not appearing in inventory properly. I'm trying...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetSUS Netboot Sierra

So, Nbi is fine booting from a MAc Server, I now have a NETSUS appliance.I can see and boot from my Netsus netboot image, However, The progress bar stalls at the end and nothing more happens.I can see the Mcc in ARD and its stating that th ecurrent A...  View more

018adc6998d04ecda70281bda852d0fd
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sierra Distribution Point cannot Mount itself

Hello, Currently we have a single File Share Distribution Point running on macOS Sierra (recently upgraded from El Capitan). When we deploy a package to it we receive the error: verbose: Parsing Policy ... verbose: The Management Framework Settings a...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

HELP ! Microsoft Error Reporting log version: 2.0

Recently every time I try to open word, ppt, etc., I keep recieving this error report: Microsoft Error Reporting log version: 2.0 Error Signature:Exception: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)Date/Time: 2017-03-14 07:47:33 +0000Application Name: Microsoft WordApplic...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

JamfHelper seems to sometimes block policy running?

Hi folks.I have an imaging configuration profile where I1. Bring down the OS2. Install a small PKG (contains just a background)3. Start a script. The PKG is there so that the adobeinstall account logs on after imaging (by the way, can we not do this ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extension Attribute for Absolute Computrace on Sierra

Computrace extension attribute for displaying computrace check in and call time.@Seangallagher i wanted to see if the extension attribute you created a while back still works. I am trying to use this in my environment and i am not getting results.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Need to disable VoiceOver shortcut and TextToSpeech

We have 900 MacBook Airs, running 10.11.6, in a 1:1 environment. We are preparing to do state testing on them after spring break. During trials, we found out that students used VoiceOver and Text-to-Speech to read the test questions to them. Unless t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Microsoft Outlook 2016 - Broken Search Function

Hello! I was wondering if anybody had a solution for an ongoing issue we're running into. We're upgrading our users to Sierra and our users are reporting that the search function in Outlook 2016 is not functioning. Microsoft does have a KB article re...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automatically install Client Authentication

Our network is certificate based and installs a Client Authentication Cert when you log in on a Windows PC. Otherwise you can hardwire the computer and go to certmgr.msc and request a new cert under personal certificates. This authenticates access to...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Fresh Install of JSS

I'm in the process of install a fresh new JSS Server, and have ran into a snag. I have installed the following leaving all defaults for settings.Mac OS X 10.11.6Java 1.8MySQL 5.6.xApache Tomcat 8.5Java JCE Now running the JSS Install (9.97.148xx)it s...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Determine if any Apple Software is in the Cache

Hello. I'm looking for a simple way - hopefully - to determine if there are any Apple Software Updates in the cache. softwareupdate -d will cache updates, but I'm trying to build a Smart Group based policy that would only run if software updates have...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable ability to check box in Outlook 2016

So does anyone know what the key value is for the checkbox in this screenshot?Basically we want to disable the ability for a user tock the box to not show the message again. If Outlook detects a script, we want people to be alerted to it.I'm fairly c...  View more

a188b4f6027a4cfeb3770fe04de06f44
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Trend Micro Package won't keep server information

I have a Trend Micro package that I downloaded from our Trend Micro server that I am trying to install as a policy after enrollment in Jamf. Trend Micro installs but when I try to check the server information it isn't there. The Parent Server line sa...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bitdefender - anyone using it?

Is anyone out there using Bitdefender (BD) for AV within their environment? I'm about to trial it and was wondering if anyone had any experience setting it up within their environment. I don't see a lot of discussion about BD but I see a lot of good ...  View more

• 25 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help a windows admin

Hello folks, My company is turning off an old wifi profile in favor of a new one that is certificate based. I deployed a configuration profile and are enjoying a high failure rate due to users who simply aren't on the network to fetch their AD cert w...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Blocking iCloud

There are several features we don't want our users to use on iCloud (Drive, Keychain, Back to my Mac) and none that we want them to use. So I'd just like to keep our users from using iCloud at all. What's the strategy for doing this? All of our users...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors