Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Capturing First name, Surname and email address?

Hello, Something that bugs me about our inventory is we are not collecting clear user information so when I run a report its really hard to identify users without a further look up on one of our internal systems. Our Macs are AD bound and login is an...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Composer: "Error creating DMG package"

Recently with two different applications I was packaging (both very large), I've been able to 'Build as PKG' in Composer without any problems, but if I select 'Build as DMG' then I get the following error message: In case that hasn't embedded properl...  View more

f749aa05bc9045e7b391efd4ff5a2959
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Skype For Business 16.5.142

Hi guys, The build 16.5.142 comes with a new feature where we can auto-populate email and username. Do you know where the plist is? definitely not under ~/Library/Preferences Thanks Admins are allowed to set the email and user name with user profiles...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Efficient wipe of information off a specific user

Hi All, I'm working on a script to remove content from the documents, downloads, desktop, and trash from a specific user. We have training laptops that we would like to refresh periodically. The first draft of my script is well intentioned, but it do...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

FYI - Database Password Gotcha

I just wanted to post this here so if the next person runs into this, who is not a MySQL expert (like myself), they won't get stuck for a few hours like I did :-) So I'm in the process of setting up a brand new JSS environment that will include an ap...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 2 kudos

Configuration Profile to Manage Chrome Policy settings

Our organization has a need to set user policy settings in chrome. Currently I'm handling this by using this single command - "sudo -u $currentuser defaults write com.google.Chrome AuthServerWhitelist "*serverhere.com" While this works, new users who...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mut Permissions question without full admin

What permissions are required for running MUT to make updates to username, full name and email? I would prefer not to run as full admin account. I think I have just about everything else dialed in except for permissions to run MUT. I can do updates m...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Anti Virus Platforms

Hello All, We were looking at obtaining Sophos AV for our 450 teacher laptops and 200+ lab machines for a school district. In doing some research, I see that both Sophos and McAffe are adding a minimum of 30 seconds to login time. What programs are y...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lingon lftp script help

Hi Guys, trying to run a script for syncing files with lftp at midnight everyday.got the script to work now trying to use lingon to do the scheduling process. the script works fine in terminal but i got error message in lingon... any clue?thanks a lo...  View more

7f760ca7488241f3b9c486e1d2814d92
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Training

Hi Can someone give me the addresses of the training centre of the London and Amsterdam training centres please? I'm just pricing up options for travel, hotels etc. Thanks  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Monitoring of Tomcat using Jolokia

Hi there, did anyone use Jolokia to monitor the jamfPro Server?Currently I'm testing around and looking for some folks who already use it for monitoring.Product-URL: https://jolokia.org/ bofh  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to update Chrome automatically

I have just written a blog post on how to automatically update Google Chrome using Jamf if anyone is interested. You can find my blog post here: https://lew.im/2017/03/auto-update-chrome/I have seen a few different methods posted here, but most requi...  View more

• 132 replies
  • 6 kudos

Passwords with parameters

In light of the 9.97 hot fix our organization is going through and purging or sanitizing any scripts that may contain sensitive data. To that end, one script in particular is throwing back some errors when we attempt to pass parameters when using it....  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

update_package_in_policies.sh

I wrote this script to easily update package files used in policies when replacement packages have been uploaded to the JSS. Historically, we have almost a dozen JAMF PRO Sites where packages are updated centrally, but the policies are managed at the...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

Put comps a policy hit into a smartgroup.......

I have a policy that did a bad thing, and now need to correct it on just those machines that were hit with the policy..... (672 machines) Any straight forward was of doing this? Seems like a EA would have to be used? Please advise. BestDavid  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

New 9.97 JSS release and Tomcat

Does anyone know if the latest dot release of 9.97 includes a higher version of Tomcat other than originally deployed with 9.97 (Tomcat version 8.0.39)?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Excel .xlsx on Windows 2012 R2 SMB share

Hello, We have migrated from a Mac Shares server to a Windows 2012 R2 Shares server. It has gone smoothly with one exception. When a Mac User re-saves a .xslx file to a shared folder it generates a temporary folder which is normal when saving excel f...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cisco AnyConnect - Default Settings Deployment

Hi all, We are trying to deploy the Cisco AnyConnect default settings through the XML but we are having troubles with the default group. We are managing to deploy the settings for the server but we are not having any luck with the default group. Even...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

infrastructure help - Distribution Point in DMZ

We are looking to expand the file distribution point for macOS and potentially needing to host In-house apps for iOS. We currently have an internal server running MySQL, Apache Tomcat. Consider this as a primary JSS. All internal network will communi...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors