Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Configuration Profile Scope?

I'm finally getting around to migrating to Configuration Profiles from Golden Triangle MCX, but having some problems with implementation that I'm hoping someone can clarify... Trying to boil this down to be as simple to follow as possible: I want tea...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

why so many hidden accounts?

when I do an inventory and collect hidden accounts, some macs show 60+ hidden accounts.does any knows why so many hidden accounts gets created? thank you.  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Desktop Chat Program

Is there a program out there that is a "chat", similar to AIM, so when users log in to the computer they are automatically logged into the chat and can be "chatted" to from other users in our organization? Thanks in advance for any help / insight on ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Desktop Chat Program

Is there a program out there that is a "chat", similar to AIM, so when users log in to the computer they are automatically logged into the chat and can be "chatted" to from other users in our organization? Thanks in advance for any help / insight on ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

iCloud activiation issue

Hi all, My name is Steven, IT manager at FamousGrey and we just stepped into the wonderfull world of jamf! I just enrolled the first half of Macs and I came up with a major issue. My enrollment consists of: enrolling the macs onto JSS off course, bin...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enterprise Connect vs NoMAD

Rick Lemmon's Jamf Nation forum thread on Apple Enterprise Connect was awesome. Curious if anyone had the opportunity to look at Trusource Labs NoMAD? Any thoughts on how they compare? There's a good writeup/matrix here. Apple Enterprise Connect seem...  View more

• 28 replies
  • 1 kudos

Changes to Firefox in Patch Reporting

We want to give everyone a heads up that we just deployed some changes to the way we handle Firefox with patch reporting. First, we’ve added a definition for Firefox ESR. (Previously, we only reported on the regular Firefox title.) This was based on ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Create Local Admin Account Issue

I have AirWatch and I create an Admin Acount via ssh script. Everytime I log in with that account its a endless keychain pop-up need to repair the library. The also looks like it doesn't have rights to its own home folder. any thoughts? ``` !/bin/sh ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Asset recovery

I'm being tasked with some asset recovery for PCI compliance. I have a LDAP (SQL) database that I need to locate term'd employees every day, then take that data, locate the ones that have Macs, and then issue a machine lock to ensure the machines get...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Looking to create a SMB Auto Mount Policy

Wanting to create an Auto Mount Policy for SMB Share based on the current user who logs in. This would allow any user to access there SMB shared docs at any computer. How do i pass through the current user to this? smb://$currentUser@{ServerName}/$cu...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

MacOS Server push certificate renewal

I am having a serious brainfart and my google searches aren't giving me what I need. My MacMini server running Sierra that I'm using for Netboot and Caching (and hopefully soon Profile Manager) is telling me that the Apple Push Notification Service c...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to implement Terminal - Secure Keyboard Entry

Happy Monday everyone, I'm currently going through the process of implementing the CISCAT benchmarks for Security, you can take a look at some of the features here if you are unfamiliar. I am trying to make it so that I can deploy SecureKeyboardEntry...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Change local password on first log in

Hi, We have about 700 macs at our school. We have a local admin account and a local student account (mobile account created via the AD binding). We have been requested to add a parent Admin account so parent can make slight changes to parental contro...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Education Support - User Images

Can anyone shed some light on what I need to do when it comes to the 'Certificate Download' and 'Upload Additional Certificate' options? I've went thorough all the docs I can find and the most helpful line is this:"save the certificate in the appropr...  View more

38f5b135aaf64253be0af5f436665366 1c20395a4d614b21be9e7b238a78d3b1 716e87286c88414a8d9ee69ff562b84c 5807ad2ef3d7489bac5d7631e52e818d
  • 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

Log from Bash Script

Hi Jamf Nation I have a bash script which has some special echo outputs like color, bold etc. Unfortunately the logs are pretty weird. For example I see a lot of those errors: tput: No value for $TERM and no -T specified unable to write 'random state...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to remotely access/back-up user files?

I had one of our Systems guys approach me recently asking if there is an easy way to remotely backup user data and/or access user folders and selectively back up certain folders. He's a pure Windows guy, and his example was like using a "\windows-pcC...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problem with rm -rf : permission denied

Hi Everyone, I am working on a policy to remove SentinelOne security software by simply using rm -rf to rip out the files, because the deactivation process from the product's console is time consuming and unreliable. I have a very basic sh script to ...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lock Screen delay issue

So we have users who when they come back from a meeting and try to login back to their iMac it takes about a minute to login. We are binding to AD. I also have a configuration profile for screen locking. We are currently running 10.11.6. Has anyone c...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple ID/iPad Setup

I'm trying to figure out a way, mainly cause this is from my bossman. We would like to force users into using an @domainname apple id...(our domain name), over whatever personal account they have. I've looked around, but haven't found a clear cut ans...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Classes missing in JSS

I thought I would post this just in case anyone else happens to have this issue as well. One of my teachers that I gave access to set up classes emailed me saying that all of the classes were missing from the JSS. I figured it might have been a weird...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

DeployStudio - Target Select + Generic = Lost Volume

Hey everyone, I know DeployStudio isn't a JAMF product, but I was hoping there was someone on here that may use it, that could help guide me in the right direction. I had a work flow that consists of:Target Select > 7 Scripts > Completed Workflow Now...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

El Capitan Auto Reconnecting File Shares on Login

Hello everyone, I have tried finding another discussion about this behaviour, but not coming up with anything. Has anyone else noticed, in El Capitan in particular, where network file shares that are on the dock will automatically connect when the us...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Classroom - students can bypass lock

Hi all, So a teacher reports that the students have found a way to bypass a lock to a specific app or a website. Apparently, if the student restarts the device, they will get thrown back into the app / website, but they won't be lock. Can anyone else...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 1 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors