Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 6 kudos

Renaming computers with partial serial # + prefix/suffix

Good afternoon everyone! I'm looking through the forums and i'm wondering if there's an easy way to pull just the last six digits of the serial number for the computer name. Below is what I have for creating the name with the full serial. Thanks for ...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

User and location field no populating

A lot of my enrolled macs are not updating the user field. Its random but its really an inconvenience to have to update them manually.any command out there to update users and location field? when the field is not populated? My macs get named after u...  View more

1e2c89af6202470ea8cb7e8898787a21
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smart group membership history collection?

Buddies, Is there an option to monitor smart group membership over an period? Some groups change a lot and sometimes it would be nice to monitor the amount of members in a group. Like, a smart group of computers with an harddrive more then 50% full o...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

What type of Mac "server" to choose

Buddies :) In our network we have 2 minis and the Jamf server on a virtual MS server. The mini's are now 5 years old , so we start looking around. These mini's have the double hdd option, and a external TM Hdd. That option is no more I see now. What ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

SUS server workng with Caching server

Let me preface this as I realize that these are separate services and the pro's and con's of each. We have been looking at setting up one of the services but are more leaning towards a SUS as we need to control distribution of software OS software up...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sort Scripts in the JSS

Hello all, Is there a way or a script to locate current scripts that are mapped to a policy? I need to sort out and remove old scripts which are no longer mapped to a policy. Thanks in advance  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

upgrade from Cacher 2.0 to 3.x

I noticed there was a new(er) version of Cacher available than what I have 2.0 vs 3.x. In the release notes it says 3.x went to a straight python script, but I can't find any of my notes about the old one. Any tips for how to remove the old versions?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetSUS - no web login and disk space

Hi, I'm in the process of trying to get NetSUS set up, our Systems team have created a LInux VM with Azure. I have 2 issues/questions which may be related ? One. - When i try to access the webpage after the install nothing loads and it times out, i'v...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Comodo secure email certificate automation

Hi all - i was wondering if someone could help me automate entire process which includes the following actions, if at all possible: in outlook 2016 or apple mail, open a message with with certain subject ("Applying for your Corporate Secure Email Cer...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issues running remote enrollment with recon

Hi Guys, Has any one seen this? We don't enroll many macs using the recon app so have not noticed this until now. When trying to do a remote enrollment with recon we get the following error. However i can scp over a quick add package and install it v...  View more

79934798b9e347b3b3b40c639cc1d6ae
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Using Okta as an LDAP source

I am in the middle of deploying a centralized Jamf Pro instance for a large disparate organization. We're talking 5 business units with multiple sub-organizations, ultimately leading to well over 150 different Active Directory forests with no trust b...  View more

• 27 replies
  • 2 kudos

Microsoft Office for 2016

Hello everyone- My organization uses Office 2016, and one of the things that I have been trying to wrap my mind around is how to enable automatic updates for the Office 2016 suite. I have been enabling auto updates piecemeal, but I would like to find...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recovery Partition and 2017 MacBook Pros

Using the 10.12.5 installer from the App Store and the Sierra 10.12.5 update for 2017 iMac with AutoDMG produces an image that appears to install correctly on 2017 hardware. However, there is still an issue with the Recovery Partition using this meth...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

802.1x on not bound Mac

I'm new to my role and before my time, the Macs were AD bound and using 802.1x authentication. Now they are not bound and I'm wondering if anyone can share how authentication can be done now. Networking is not my strong suit. My goal is to have a cle...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Second Batch of JNUC 2017 Sessions Announced

Hello Jamf Nation,
 To make your decision to join us at the Jamf Nation User Conference (JNUC) this October easier, we’ve posted 37 additional sessions, bringing the current JNUC session count to 54. And with 26 more sessions coming in July, we’ll be...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Big News for The MUT

Hey all, Mike here--the creator of The MUT. I just wanted to make a post to let you all know that there are some big changes coming for The MUT--and some big changes that have happened recently. If you haven't heard of The MUT, it's a native macOS ap...  View more

2d8cdc726a664399a4a193cea9a3ee9a
  • 20 replies
  • 6 kudos

Delete user from multiple classes in one go.

Is it possible to remove the user from all of their enrolled classes at once? (as it takes 7 clicks and a paste of the user name in the search box, to remove a user from one class and if they are in 15 classes which many of our users are this is very...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

MacOS Training Suggestions for Admins and Support Staff

Hello, We are starting to provide support for Mac's but the issue we are running into is that none of our support staff uses Mac so when an issue is brought to them they are not sure what to do. I've looked at Apple's website and came across http://t...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Network / system / server Monitoring in the office

Looking into setting up a Monitoring solution on the walls of our IT office to keep an eye on the servers, the network and certain server statistics and of course a dashboard of JAMF Was wondering what setups other techs have and what solutions they ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cannot update description for in house iOS app

JSS 9.97. I am trying to update an inhouse app, which is hosted on our web server. I can edit the app itself, update the URL to point to the new version, update the version number and as far as I can tell all the other options are available to me. Ho...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

App Catalog

We are a distract with 20 campuses and several thousand iPads. I am curious, how do other schools display available apps to staff? I know we can list whatever we want in Self Service. I was thinking about making a .pdf catalog or maybe a web catalog ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Tv not waking up

Hello Jamf People! Anyone else having issue with their 4th gen Apple tvs not waking up once they go to sleep? They will not wake up when we are trying to airplay to them and will not wake up with the remote. All Apple TVs are DEP enrolled. tvOS 10.2....  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors