Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

My Boss said...lets stop imaging, and start upgrading.

I was tasked today to stop wiping out our student and teacher machines to lay down the new and tested OS and packages every summer to prepare them for next school year. Instead, he likes us to do in-place OS upgrade and keep our apps up to date now s...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP Account Password

Good morning, When changing the VPP account password, what are the areas within Casper that this would affect? Which spots would it need to be updated? Would any iPads with apps pushed be affected? Thanks.  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lab updates when labs are 24/7

Hi All, Have a question about doing lab updates. We have 7 computer labs that are used, to some degree, 24/7. Sure, at 3am there's only one person logged in, but that one person makes it hard to just blanket do something. So I'm curious if any one ha...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.12.3 not being seen for an update when Recon is run

is anyone else getting systems that when they are at 10.12.1 or 10.12.2 etc.. that even when the computer has it's inventory updated that the SOFTWARE UPDATES payload does not show 10.12.3 available? we've always had 'collect available software updat...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error Domain=com.Jamf.Jamf security.error Code=50

I am setting up a new JSS server on Windows 2012 R2 and I am receiving this message int he JAMF.log. Error Domain=com.jamf.jamfsecurity.error Code=-50 "One or more parameters passed to a function were not valid." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=One ...  View more

• 26 replies
  • 0 kudos

Documentation on the /client endpoint

Hi, We currently leverage the JSS API to automate a number of things. I was curious if anyone has utilized the /client endpoint to run actions on behalf of the enrolled computer? Appears that JAMF IT uses it internally: https://github.com/JAMFSupport...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad Integration Issue

Just set up my DEP to talk with JAMF. I'm testing with one iPad. I can see my iPad in the pre-enrollment scope and it does successfully set up supervision. Issue I'm having is its not letting me push out a configuration. During initial setup I get th...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

iMovie difficult to install

In the past few months I have had to reinstall iMovie multiple times to our iPads. Whenever I try it fails and the message is "The app with iTunes Store ID 377298193 is already scheduled for management". Some of the other apple apps do it now and aga...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Having templates show up to end users in Office 2016

So I'm looking at this guide on Office templates. I created a DMG and did FUT/FEU to deploy the templates. I see them in the "/Users/username/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Office/User Templates/My Templates" folder. But I want my end users to...  View more

d95c638c1371412b9dac381d8a73678d
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Inventory User Plug-Ins

I've done some searches on jamf Nation this morning and come up empty handed. Has anyone been able to add a custom path to inventory collection settings that will inventory items in all Users' Internet Plug-Ins folder? I tried /Users/*/Library/Intern...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Composer Permissions

Hello, I am deploying a file to desktop wallpapers through the JSS, but I am having trouble figuring out what I need to set for permissions of the file. What do I need to put for permissions to allow any user to access the file so we can assign it as...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP and multiple enrollment profiles

We are imminently going to be deploying DEP in our environment, and we deal with a lot of distributed IT support who cannot or won't engage in the process. For this reason we need to set up a default PreStage enrollment for those areas not creating t...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Local Account Passwords older than X Days

Greetings JAMF Nation! I've been trying to find a way to check all of our local user accounts that not changed a password in say 90+ days. I've found a few EA's on here but none that let me specify say greater than or less than in the search but inst...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD user login only passing short name

I am trying to setup an automatic wifi configuration profile. I have it working to where it uses the computer AD credentials to connect at the login screen so an AD user can login even if they have not before. When an AD user tries to log into the sy...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Creating PKG

I need to create an install pkg, but, for the installation of the software need to restart the computer, How can I create it using composer?, or it must be done by another method?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Skype version check on MAC

Hi, Is there a way to find Skype version in all the managed mac devices in my company? I tried with the extension attribute but the script is not populating the results.  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

ITSM/Help Desk Recommendations

My school district is looking into a replacement for our current ITSM/Help Desk software. I'm looking at ServiceNow and Web Help Desk but would like to add a third package to the mix. Does anyone have any recommendations? JAMF integration would be a ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploy setapp.com for users in your organization

Hello, just want to know if someone of you guys had already seen the setapp.com, the kind of "netflix" apps distribution method?We have some users in our organization interested in it and i wonder how casper suite would function with that kind of app...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automate OS and Security updates.

When we get an Apple Update popup in the top right corner, we pretty much hit "RemindMe Tomorrow indefinitely". Does anyone know how we can stop those messages from popping up and control when updates are available for users?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Host-based process controls.

I'm trying to prevent applications/binaries from running from any locations where users have write access in an attempt to prevent them from downloading and installing whatever they want. I'm using the Restrictions payload of configuration profiles a...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Does Casper Imaging in 9.93 enable ARD by default?

Hi, I know this seems like a naive question but I think I remember that in newer versions of Casper, there was no need to have a firstboot script to kickstart ard? IIRC screensharing would be on but the check box in SysPrefs>Sharing wouldn't be ticke...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Launchctl and Dockutil

Hey Everyone.. I am trying to write a persistent dock LaunchAgent. The LaunchAgent works great if you reboot - deletes all the items on the dock and puts back the ones that need to be there. However just logging out of the account and logging back in...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to Replace Signature in QuickAdd Package?

I have noticed that on my test instance I have used the wrong certificate to sign the QuickAdd package, and macOS refuses to install from it. In the JSS I have added the proper certificate, but when I enroll a Mac it still gets the old, bad package. ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Get Proxy value for all network interfaces

Hi to all i was wondering if it was possible to get proxy information (which used pac file on automatic Proxy Configuration) for each network interface (Ethernet,wifi,Usb Ethernet,...) and display results thru an extension attribute Thanks for your h...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors