Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Script Help - Remove Default Mac User Public Folders

Let me start off by saying we lock down the Sharing System Preference pane and disable file sharing. However, I don't like the idea of having the Mac's default public folders enabled for users. I'd like to think I'm not that much of a scripting n00b,...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Logout issues...what can trigger it?

Hi Folks, I am beyond frustrated and this is probably causing me to not think clearly on this one so please forgive me. We have several of of physical sciences Mac laptops that are attempting to logout. We have removed via configuration profiles any ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Tomcat / Server Performance Tuning?

Hello,We are running our JSS on a dedicated Linux server with 8GB of memory. Lately the JSS has been running really slowly and after doing some searching I ran into some older post about Tomcat memory settings. After chekcing the JSSDatabaseUtility I...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Trackpad Default Settings - Natural Scroll

Hi all, This is kind of an off topic question, but I was wondering how everyone in their environment handles the "Scroll direction: Natural" setting in their images. Have you found your users preferred to have this enabled or disabled by default and ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro 9.98 Beta is now available

The Jamf Beta program is now open for Jamf Pro 9.98. For the first time, beta participants who submit beta discussions will automatically be entered in a drawing for a chance to win a $50 Amazon gift card. Participants must share feedback in the Beta...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

One Mac in a batch is unable to enroll on the JSS

We've got an open support ticket about this with JAMF but I thought I'd post here in case anyone has encountered the same thing or is looking for information about the same thing. We have a batch of 12 identical new iMacs. 11 of them imaged and enrol...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Newly Imaged Machines losing Enrollment

Hey Guys, I am having nothing but dramas.First I had the SSL Certificate replacment which caused -915 Unable to Contact SCEP.I got annoyed and rebuilt my entire JSS.Tried the SSL and still gave me the error so I just added the JSS CA to my Machine so...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Re-enrolling a iOS device via DEP

So we have several iPads that were managed via an old DEP that we did not know about. So we have a new DEP and MDM I am wondering how to remove the old MDM profile or install a new one on the iPads? how do i do it? I have entered the serial number in...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Firefox ESR vs Mainline Deployment

Hello all! Just starting using JAMF on our systems as an assessment, so bear with me. In our environment we have machines with both FF ESR, and FF main. I want to create a smartgroup to push out updates to each. I've found that there are two pre-conf...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

iMovie app closes down

A number of my students' ipads are not able to run iMovie as it quits immediately after opening. Anyone run into this issue? I've called Apple, but they don't have an answer. I'd delete it and add again, but the students have projects in the app. Run...  View more

• 23 replies
  • 0 kudos

In-House eBooks

Hey there, I was hoping someone could clarify some stuff about In-House eBooks. We have a number of teachers who are using "iBooks Author" to create their own ebooks, and they have enquired about the possibility of distributing these to their classes...  View more

150c46d26e704180966d9284db318ba9
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Reader XI non-DC

Hello,We are still running Adobe Reader XI, with no plans at this point to switch to DC. I am sure that will come at some time, but nothing foreseeable. We just started getting Patch Reporting going on our JSS and added Adobe Reader XI to our list. J...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Suitcase Font Fusion Font Vault Woes

Okay so I've been able to create serialized packages for deployment in the past, not a problem. I've even created a based font vault (licensed and seats accounted for) to be deployed out as needed. This works out great since we can ensure that ever u...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

ACSP 10.12 testing?

Does anyone happen to know where/how I can take the test for this? I can't seem to find too much on this. Is it available online at all?  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to log in to Clustered instance

Good Morning All, I'm setting up a new cluster instance of our JSS, and while everything seems correct I am unable to actually log in to the machine. It communicates with the database correctly, and its DB account has full rights, but any attempts to...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Infinite Campus > ASM > Jamf PRO Integration

Hi, When I was at JNUC in October I talked to some people in the ASM Session who were having trouble with ASM/IC integration. They said that if your instance of IC was cloud hosted it worked ok, but there was an issue with locally hosted Infinite Cam...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Infinite Campus > ASM > Jamf PRO Integration

Hello, When I was at JNUC in October I talked to some people who were having trouble with ASM/IC integration. They said that if your instance of Infinite Campus was cloud hosted it worked ok, but there was an issue with locally hosted Infinite Campus...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

CFNotification between user app and root helper

Hello Jamfnation, I created a helper in swift to communicate with an app.The helper is ran by a jamf script in root mode called from policy "launchmachelper".The app sends CFNotification with CFNotificationCenterGetDistributedCenter module to the hel...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disabling iCloud/Siri/etc. in Apple Setup Assistant

We are trying to disable the Apple ID and Siri screens of the Apple Setup Assistant on first boot and have not been successful. Most of the discussions on this issue have been around disabling these prompts when a new user logs in. We actually want t...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Performance Tuning JSS - Static Computer Groups

If we create a Static Computer Group with 3 computers in it, and we hit View it takes forever to load... https://server.domain.com:8443/staticComputerGroups.html?id=100&o=r > hit View > wait > keep waiting > wait some more > wake up we're not done ye...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Changing SSL Cert Leads to 'Unable to Contact SCEP'

hey guys, I am new to the Whole Casper/JSS side of things.I was wondering if someone answer me a simple question. If i was to change the SSL Certfificate for our JSS Server,Devices are unable to enrol, they proceed to show the following error in /var...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Two partitions, one recovery volume & 10.12?

For our primary image we have the primary partition and we create a second partition as a custom restore partition (OS + some basic apps for emergency use). In 10.11 when we'd image a machine we'd get one Recovery partition as well, which was good. B...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors