Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Office 2016 Auto Updates need Admin Rights?

Hi all, aside from the question if Auto Updates are good or not I am interested in whether Office 2016 Auto Updater needs Admin rights or not when set to "Auto Update&Install". Someone who actually tested this? ThanksThomas  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Search for assets without warranty info

Does anyone know an easier way to do this than my method below? The only options I have are before or after a date, or more or less days. There's no way to search for a null value. My only thought is to get the S# of the machines, drop that in a spre...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Adobe Update Server Setup Script

DO NOT USE I have created this little script to make life easier. Please feel free to use, fix and let me know what does not work. Hopefully some smart people out there can make this even better. Just drop this in the Terminal and follow the prompts:...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Guide to Creating Sierra Base Image From A to Z

If you're struggling to get this going, here is a full guide step for step. I've attached screenshots of my original guide with details and formatting. What a pain in the neck it was to get this going. The guide is pasted in plain text at the bottom....  View more

d16d15708268431b9537b92cd8d92c43 39e39c39211d4f8d84447ba78d9b500f d3a80a86a3044283823a52f12a321d6f 9f2005aa5df049dfae1f2464717787d1
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetSUS 4.1.0 Install on RHEL 6.8

I've got a very secure RHEL 6.8 install and some of the basic services are not installed on our RHEL 6.8 build. I need to know what services are required for the installer for NetSUS 4.1.0 to complete. Currently I am getting quite a few errors on ins...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Chrome "RestrictSigninToPattern" not taking affect

I am at a loss with this issue. I have uploaded a PLIST to JAMF and I am scoping it to my test machine. Chrome is showing that the policy is taking affect but it is not being enforced. ( I have attached a screen shot of the policy within Chrome). Her...  View more

48141127906149acbe61d7a816d212a2
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Google Safe Search on iPad

Any way of Forcing Safe Search (and Restricted Mode) on Google Search and YouTube on iPad? Seems the default is Safe Search OFF and on YouTube Restricted Mode is OFF. Without individually going to each iPad and turning them ON, I would like to be abl...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Crashlytics Profile Installation

Hi Folks! Long time lurker, first time poster here so please bear with me. This particular JAMF community has been so valuable and the knowledge that everyone possesses here is amazing to see! So, my question revolves around Crashlytics. For those th...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Should /System/Library/Fonts/ ever be tampered with?

The short version of this is that another tech approached me for help trying to crop down the contents of /System/Library/Fonts/ on one of our users' 10.11 MBP. His argument was "I've always done this in past OS versions, but now I can't." It ended u...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help with script

I am trying to run a script to remove an app from our Macs. When I run it, the killall lines work and the rm -r lines do not. The error I get is, "No such file or directory". If I run any of the commands alone in Terminal, they all work. Any ideas wh...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enable Folder Action Scripts

I need to a way to attach a folder action script that I created to every users download folder. I know where the action scripts are stored, so I know how to get that into the right place. I just cant seem to figure out how to enable the action script...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Inventory taking forever on one Mac

I have a Mac that has suddenly begun to have problems. When I run "jamf recon" or have an inventory run after a policy install, it doesn't seem to finish. I let it run once for 45 minutes and it never got past "Gathering application usage information...  View more

• 23 replies
  • 1 kudos

Indexing Adobe and Autodesk software (lab environments)

Hello all, In our environment, we are beginning the transition to a lab environment managed with configuration profiles for new users...we were using Deep Freeze with a custom user profile. Some background info: we are an AD environment and the polic...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Printer PKG Still not Working

Hey guys, I used Composer to create a snapshot of before and after I added my printers and their settings. After running the pkg on a computer, I get no errors, but I also get no added printers to the device. I also tried creating a DMG, but this als...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

OSX AD Upkeep

All, We have been using ADPASSMON and Kerminder to keep our users up to date with Active Directory. All of our OS X devices are bound to AD. I am thinking of going to Enterprise Connect but I am seeing a new app called NoMAD. Just wondering if anyone...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to handle iOS in-app purchases? (Sketchbook)

I have VPP operating just fine but I have an instructor requesting Autodesk Sketchbook. It comes free from the app store but has an in-app purchase of $4.99 for their Pro Tools which he wants. With this possibly going on 24 iPad Pro's I'd prefer to h...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issues with high volume windows directories

Hi Everyone, I've got kind of a generic question. I can provide more information as necessary - but has anyone seen shares on windows servers be difficult for macs to interact with? We have a process in our business that utilizes InDesign and EasyCat...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Forcing Users to Log Out

Hey there, We ask our users to log out every day in order to refresh their network connection and to ensure updates, which we push out on log outs. Unfortunately, we have users who don't ever log out even though we tell them it is required. I would l...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Block Little Snitch

I have recently had an issue in my environment where a few users have installed Little Snitch onto their machines and its blocking access needed to the machines. Has anyone out together a restricted software definition yet for Little Snitch? If so, w...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Computer Name (Workflow Question)

I have a workflow question. Basically what we are doing is building manually, then using a quickadd package to enroll the device. Right now I have the techs set the HostName through Sharing, and then running the quickadd package. What I would like to...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors