Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Network user accounts AD on New MacBook Pro's

We are in the testing phase of rolling out new Mac Hardware in particular the new MacBook Pro's 2017 model which only has USB Type C ports. I am able to join the MacBook Pro's to our AD domain but I was wondering if I am missing something when it com...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Network user accounts AD on New MacBook Pro's

We are in the testing phase of rolling out new Mac Hardware in particular the new MacBook Pro's 2017 model which only has USB Type C ports. I am able to join the MacBook Pro's to our AD domain but I was wondering if I am missing something when it com...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.12 Recovery Partition

One of our clients have upgraded to Sierra by re-imaging their machines using Casper Admin.They have since noticed that the machines do not have a recovery partition. Is there a way of installing this manually? Historically i have used a tool called ...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPN

I have users that have installed the Browsec VPN extension on the Chrome browser. This is allowing them to get around our filtering and monitoring software. Does any know if there is a way to block Chrome extensions. I have tried setting it as a rest...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

YouTube.app Restricted Mode STRICT

Any way of Forcing Restricted Mode = STRICT in the YouTube.app on iPad? Seems the default for the YouTube.app is Restricted Mode is "Don't Filter". Without individually going to each iPad and turning them ON, I would like to be able to Force them to ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Is it worth moving the database to a separate server?

My JSS server is running on Ubuntu and runs at 100% CPU whenever students are on site. I imagine it's because of the number of Macs on campus. I've been back and forth with JAMF support a few times but the problem never gets resolved. I'm wondering i...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Need guidance for error in script

Hi, I'm publishing VirtualBox and separate OS Appliance OVA's in Self Service. VirtualBox is installed nicely on client machines, but the OS Appliance is not. In the script it seems to get stuck at the stage where the appliance is imported and the sc...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

macOS Sierra intermittently fails to install

Testing out our planned upgrade to 10.12.2 (need to keep it at .2 due to latest Digital Guardian support release) and finding that it seems to randomly fail. By fail I mean that the policy executes cleanly, the system reboots, but it just seems to sh...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error Adding Users to FileVault

Just recently we've noticed an issue where accounts are not able to be added to FileVault. I have a case open with Apple at the moment, but wanted to see if anyone here had noticed this issue. The problem happens when FileVault is already enabled for...  View more

12273ec6703e4808a7df7c0b8698cf5c
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Two files with the same name in the JSS

I was wondering if anyone knows of a workaround for getting two files with the same name in the JSS. I have changed the package name of the first one but I keep getting an error. This is specifically happening with an InstallESD.dmg file. I have one ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Showbie and PDF Expert removed from iPad

I have a student that has been having issues with PDF Expert and Showbie being automatically removed from his iPad. We have managed apple ids. He enrolled his iPad incorrectly when the school year started. I now have him logged into his iPad with the...  View more

49f4ecaba01e479f8305c8abf9fc8d68
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

"Hide" function on Policy Page (First World Problem)

Hi All I'm on JSS 9.93 and have a test JSS on 9.97. When I click the "Hide" button on the Policy page. it helpfully hides all the policy categories allowing me to pick a one to focus on. If that page gets reloaded or I access it by some other method,...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

iTunes U and YouTube videos

Does anyone else have teachers using iTunes U to manage their classes? A lot of mine are including YouTube links in the courses, but when they click the link to play the video they get playback errors and usually can't play the video directly from th...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

some vpp apps stopped deploying

so over the christmas break things on our ipad fleet started, well, breakingone particular app is continually trying to install, fails, then attempts again. over and over and over. this app install is causing a backlog of all other apps preventing fr...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP Invitations with Office 365

Hi All, I'm attempting to set up VPP invitations. For our SMTP settings, we have set up a mailbox to handle notifications. When I complete the test, I receive the following error. Error sending message: javax.mail.MessagingException: Exception readin...  View more

4b42bee2a44e4271a3ed8dbaed958475
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

How are you handling SUS?

I am curious about how everyone is handling Apple Software Updates. At this point with Windows we host an internal WSUS and my bosses want to continue with that tradition with Apple Updates. Since we cannot scope out updates to test machines like we ...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

McAfee HotFix Extension Attribute

Hi All, We currently have extension attributes to pull McAfee EPM and EPO version numbers. We are looking for a way to pull the HotFix version number. Has anyone come across this yet? Thanks!  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Firewall Configurations Not Being Set

We have a Configuration Profile that is configured to control Security & Privacy settings. Under the Firewall tab, we have the following: [x] Enable Firewall ( ) Block all incoming connections (*) Control incoming connections for specific apps [ ] En...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Block/Restrict Google Photos Backup

I have a user that has a large photo collection. It is killing my network and i am trying to block the service that runs. I have a policies that kills Google Photos Backup but I can not seem to block the app. I have it under restricted software as Go...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors