Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

OSX AD Upkeep

All, We have been using ADPASSMON and Kerminder to keep our users up to date with Active Directory. All of our OS X devices are bound to AD. I am thinking of going to Enterprise Connect but I am seeing a new app called NoMAD. Just wondering if anyone...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to handle iOS in-app purchases? (Sketchbook)

I have VPP operating just fine but I have an instructor requesting Autodesk Sketchbook. It comes free from the app store but has an in-app purchase of $4.99 for their Pro Tools which he wants. With this possibly going on 24 iPad Pro's I'd prefer to h...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issues with high volume windows directories

Hi Everyone, I've got kind of a generic question. I can provide more information as necessary - but has anyone seen shares on windows servers be difficult for macs to interact with? We have a process in our business that utilizes InDesign and EasyCat...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Forcing Users to Log Out

Hey there, We ask our users to log out every day in order to refresh their network connection and to ensure updates, which we push out on log outs. Unfortunately, we have users who don't ever log out even though we tell them it is required. I would l...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Block Little Snitch

I have recently had an issue in my environment where a few users have installed Little Snitch onto their machines and its blocking access needed to the machines. Has anyone out together a restricted software definition yet for Little Snitch? If so, w...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Computer Name (Workflow Question)

I have a workflow question. Basically what we are doing is building manually, then using a quickadd package to enroll the device. Right now I have the techs set the HostName through Sharing, and then running the quickadd package. What I would like to...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wireless constantly connects and disconnects

We are having an odd issue with random iPad's losing their connection to the WiFi, and then they start to connect and disconnect rapidly, never actually connecting back to the wireless. I can't figure out if it is a corruption in our wireless policy ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Patch Reporting notifications out of the blue

Ever since upgrading to 9.96, I was excited to see Patch Reporting, but I've only used it to track Flash, Java, and Photoshop. It's been working just fine until this morning. When I logged into the JSS I saw I had 2 notifications waiting for me. They...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enrollment log files

Hello everybody, Before I open a case with JAMF I was wondering if one of you has experienced something similar has an idea on what I could do to fix this issue. I'm running JSS on Windows 2012R2, one internal server with the database and one DMZ ser...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Monitor Login/Usage Frequency Using Casper

I am looking for a way to monitor how ofter users login to a Group of machines. I would like to know if there is a method to query said group and monitor when and how ofter users are logging into the machines. I know that I can view individual machin...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

.app file that uninstalls

Hello all! We have a software product called Druva that we want to uninstall from all the computers before reinstalling the newest client. Problem is, the uninstall file is a .app. I can't just drag it to Casper Admin, it doesn't allow/support this. ...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Azure AD joined macs

Hello folks, Some big wigs are looking at moving off of local AD and onto Azure AD. The PC side has pulled up a giant list of challenges that will need to be solved for, and I am looking to do the same for our macs. Anyone have experience with managi...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

SCEP MDM profile making repeated requests

The MDM SCEP profile we have set up for VPN certs is causing some serious issues. A user makes the cert request from Self Service and all is good, until the cert reaches the threshold that automatic renewal starts. At that point, the profile starts m...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Race condition when requesting an AD certificate

I have a Mac configuration profile that has the Directory and AD Certificate payloads. I seem to be encountering a race condition when this profile applies (or tries to). We have Active Directory domain controllers on all of our sites but we only hav...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Siri still disabled

I knew that Siri would not be a welcome addition to the University landscape, whether in the Lab or the offices. Privacy Concerns and all. I installed Sierra on a workstation, then rebooted the machine into target mode, Navigated the drive removing S...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Stop iOS updates- State Testing Requirement!!! HELP!

Hey all, Here's the scoop:In our K-12 environment, we are required to participate in regulated state-wide testing. Unfortunately, the developer of the testing app is some 3rd party company which releases updates once, maybe twice a year, on a differe...  View more

• 22 replies
  • 1 kudos

Basic Pulse Secure Install

Hi Everyone. I am trying to add a policy that installs Pulse Secure on our endpoints, because we require it for use with VPN. I have seen the instructions from @rtrouton on now to deploy with a custom config, but they do not work, as I am simply tryi...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Upgrading FCP

Built a package for Final Cut Pro 10.3.2 update last year, using the App Store method as described on @rtrouton 's site here: https://derflounder.wordpress.com/2015/11/19/downloading-installer-packages-from-the-mac-app-store-with-appstoreextract/ Ini...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad enrollment not successful

Afternoon, I'm having some trouble enrolling ipads to the JSS, Im running JSS 9.96 however not sure i have enrolled since update to the JSS. We use apple configurator to Manual Enrollment with an Enrollment Profile. for some reason when i go to enrol...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors