Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

bluetooth devices connecting

My school has bluetooth enable and greyed out, yet for some reason the iPad did not want to find a new bluetooth device that is set to discoverable. I needed to remove it from the profile so that i could shut off and turn on bluetooth before the devi...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

NYC Metro Jamf User Group May 2017 Meeting

It’s that time to announce the next NYC Metro JAMF User Group! On Tuesday, May 2, 2017 4:30 to 6:30 PM we'll be holding our 18th NYC Metro JUG at the Apple Executive Briefing Center, 100 Fifth Ave, New York, NY, 10011. For those keeping track, this i...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Force a Monitor Color Profile

The users here have HP Dreamcolor Monitors, but I want to set the machines to all use a special sRGB profile we created. The profile is in Colorsync, but anytime a user moves a monitor, or I swap machines the System Prefs--Displays--Color always reve...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Config profile question

Our current environment has a config profile scoped to all machines to setup an AD cert and configure wifi using the AD cert. We've migrated to a new CA server and need to reconfigure this. I've tried updating the existing profile, but upon updating,...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Windows Help Disk

Since all the support tools for the casper/jamf suite are Mac OS only. How are you alls help desk team completing one of software installs. I.E help desk gets a call i need software ABC , how are they deploying it ?  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Proxies, VPP, and 9.98

Is anyone able to connect to VPP via proxy on 9.98? I am using an unauthenticated proxy. I am able to search for App Store applications, but my purchased content won't update. My firewall team is telling me that JSS is attempting to connect direct ra...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Network Time Server command

In the Network time server field I'm getting this "The systemsetup binary is not present on this machine." Looks like this is only on OS 10.11 Macs. I have a few 10.9 machines that are returning the right network time server info. I'm thinking I need...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Priority installing

I have an app scoped to 4 device groups, when it was first set up the number of devices in the scope was less than the number of apps available, now but over time the number of devices out numbers the amount of available apps, I wish to install the a...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smart Policy for Missing Encryption Keys

Working through a migration performed on JSS servers a while back. I'd set up a policy to reissue the FileVault 2 key following a few people's work (mostly @rtrouton's FV2 stuff) by deploying a .plist, importing, reissuing, yada yada yada. It's faile...  View more

5b59efd397a54768bdbe42733d3d464a 484d71c6965f43b1bd8b02f22a55b29e
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Auto sign-in to local account

I am trying to force login to a local account so that our students can use this (restricted) account for assessment purposes. I am having no issue creating the local account via policy, or setting the restrictions, but I would like this account to be...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Trouble connecting devices across domains.

So I have two WiFi networks here on separate domains. A guest network and a secured network. The guest network has its own domain and is on a separate VLAN. I have opened traffic for my devices to communicate outside my network and it works fine from...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Closed cases?

Before I ask the question, this is not an angry post! Just curious why... I have had a couple of open cases with Jamf Support, the latest being a rather important one and ongoing for about a month back and forth now, but then end up randomly being cl...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

iCould Desktop folder exclude

Hello,Maybe not an direct Jamf question,But one might know it here. I have an iCloud account, 200 GB always handy.It also backups my desktop and document folder. Cool feature, but since I am kind a used to store temporary things on my desktop, it use...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple TV 4 Console Logs

I just noticed in Apple Config 2 that i can view the console logs of the connected Apple TV.These logs are viewed in live time but could be useful if i was able to download the whole log or the last 2 hours worth etc. Was wondering if anyone knows a ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Sierra 10.12.4 upgrade disabling all Safari Plugins?

Hi, I recently have noticed several machines that are exhibiting an issue where after a 10.12.4 upgrade, all Safari plugins are disabled and cannot be re-enabled. Has anyone seen this issue and if so what steps were taken to resolve the issue? Thanks...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro 9.99.0 - Beta program is now open

The Jamf Beta program is now open for Jamf Pro 9.99.0. The first beta build of Jamf Pro 9.99.0 includes, but is not limited to, a new Semantic Versioning schema for all Jamf Pro applications, expanded iOS Lost Mode data collection and display, enhanc...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

After Enrollment Trigger

We use DEP enrollment and have a policy that runs right after the user gets to the desktop. The trigger currently is "Enrollment Complete". It works great on ethernet, but not on (our corporate) WiFi. The user authenticates to the WiFi network, authe...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Template for Auto Update Magic Plug-ins

I've got this working for Firefox and Chrome which are applications but having trouble setting things up for Flash which is a plug-in. I'm trying to use this as a Plug-in template: %group_name% true Plug-in Title 0 and has %JSS_INVENTORY_NAME% P...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Rj45 adaptor for ipads

So i sent the lock device command to find a missing iPad, at some point it took and locked the iPad out like it is suppose to do, but now that the device has been found the wifi is off and not able to receive the unlock command, is anyone else having...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extension Attribute for number of files on desktop

Has anyone managed to pull this off? I'd like a number of files listed on the desktop so I can smart group those offenders with tons of junk on their desktop, or even in their downloads folder. I thought ls | wc -l ~/Desktop might work but it doesn't...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors