Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Office 365 continual MFA Loop

We are using Office 2016 with Office 365 and we use modern auth with multi-factor authentication (MFA). When you activate Office you see a mini browser pop open that walks the user through our MFA process. All of a sudden our users are getting contin...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enable/Show Dictation in ios

We have a group of kids that really need dictation enabled on the ipad keyboard. Anyone have a suggestion to show the option under keyboard to enable that?  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS syncs to ASM when set to never sync

We are using Apple School Manager with JAMF to control our shared iPads successfully at the moment. I need to stop the auto sync between the JSS & ASM and just use the manual option when required. I have an issue where the options in the JSS are both...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to determine recent Airdrop use?

Hi everyone, Our security team wants us to disable Airdrop for all users. I already have a configuration profile that will do this, but I first want to determine who at the company uses Airdrop to give them fair warning that it will go away. Are ther...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

User environment applescript issue.

I'm running the following script. When I run directly as a user it works. When open terminal, drop to root via "sudo su -" and run the policy containing the script on the server it works. If the policy containing the applescript is run via self servi...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Kill Siri

I had read through the discussion here: https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/discussions/21154/macos-x-sierra-went-gm-anyone-kill-siri-yet But Siri still breathes for me. I have a restriction payload that kills the Siri process, but it restarts after 15 ...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Capturing printer driver installation..

I have been having terrible trouble today with rolling out printer drivers for our Ricoh MP C2011 printer/copier using jamf. With all of our other printers I have been able to simply capture the installation using Composer, create a DMG and roll out ...  View more

2a8b79c898e64cf5948b19d128204037 dc31eaf4db534f2282ace88dce72dd7e
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Custom Settings Profile payload for Chrome

Hi all, I'm trying to configure Chrome using a Custom Settings payload, since I tried MCX and it doesn't appear to work with our AD mobile accounts. I'm largely managing basic stuff, homepage settings and a couple of extensions, but am having trouble...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Book Creator automated iCloud Backup

Hi all, we are using Book Creator on 1:1 and shared devices. On shared devices we recognized Book Creator doesn't backup automatically to iCloud if the student logs out. We talked to the developers and they told us we had to use App Configuration to ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Phantom enrollments caused by target mode booting

Hiya all. So a curious thing happened today where I looked up an employee's computer name for an unrelated issue, and found two such computers, one of which was a 2012 iMac that my company doesn't own. I had loaned her a thunderbolt cable earlier in ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Locking down SSH

Hello All, I am wondering how you all manage SSH. Our machine setup process is supposed to be to only enable SSH for our management account. Of course, this has not been happening on some machines and I need to deploy a policy to only allow SSH for o...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac backdoor - malware bytes post

I saw mention of this on slack today - so wrote an EA that would see if any of the fleet had the two files present. It's rather rough and doesn't do the checksum if the files are there, however could be used to identify any macs for further investiga...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script to fix OneDrive file, folder, path errors

We are working on a script that will fix file naming issues for users new to OneDrive. We have some users who have all kinds of MS illegal characters in their file names and folder names. One user has 800+ such names to fix. Rather than have them do ...  View more

• 38 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remove Webpage bookmark from desktop

I had a student click "Add to Homescreen" and it created a web app, normally you just hold these down until they wiggle to delete, but when I do that it just wiggles and I have no option of deleting. Any ideas? Thank you!  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

App Store Extension Attribute

Hey all, There used to be a plist file called "com.apple.storeagent.plist" in a user's library that you could pull a currently logged in apple ID in the app store from. It looks like that file doesn't exist anymore, so I was hoping there was another ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Prestage VS Imaging. Differences?

Hi all, Well, I am still struggling with the difference between these 2 procedures (For MAC OS X) and which is better for what. I mean, I know the basics, like prestage is for DEP registered devices and more for when they are brand-new and imaging mo...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

JamfNation email notifications?

I could be missing something... Does this forum not support email notifications? I often forget/neglect threads because there's no proactive alerting on replies. Is this hidden somewhere, or just not supported?  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

deleting private key

is there a scripted way to delete a private key in the system keychain? in the security help pages i found the find-key command (usr/bin/security/find-key) but i can't see a delete-key command. when i delete the generated certificate, the certificate...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Configurator 2 hangs after iphone update

We've been using Apple Configurator 2 (AC2) to enroll our iPhones in Casper, but we've run into a problem when the iPhone is upgraded. For most of the phones we used AC2 to upgrade the phones to the latest iOS before preparing and enrolling them. But...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Password Age Reset After OS Upgrade

Hi. I noticed that after my users upgraded to macOS Sierra, their password age reset to 0. Has anyone else notice the same thing? I'm using the EA below to check pw age. Not sure where it came from as I inherited this JSS. #!/usr/bin/python2.7 import...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packages Not Installing, Logs Report Success

Hi all, What does one do if a package sometimes does not successfully install (or in the case of the below Mathematica.dmg, not copy) but Casper reports that it did? PostInstall 2017-01-16 17:35:52: Installing package LanSchool Student 2016.dmg PostI...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors