Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Adobe Flash/Jamf Nation

It seems that the download link from Jamf Nation to the Flash Installer package is no longer available and now downloads Adobe's installer instead. Since this does not give me access to the actual package that I need, I was wondering what has changed...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS deploying preferences

With the ability to push preferences through MDM solutions, has anyone figured out a way to push out preferences like a server address or anything of that nature through an MDM profile?  View more

• 8 replies
  • 1 kudos

Casper Share no longer connected to Casper Admin

We recently upgraded to the latest version of Jamf, now for some reason we can no longer mount the share when Casper admin starts up. Error message "The master distribution point could not be mounted." I can still see the share and connect to the ser...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Need help with LaunchDaemon

Hey all, I'm trying to disable internal speakers (but leave headphone functionality intact) on some iMacs (currently running 10.11.5). I'm using the script from here: https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/discussions/8965/ot-mute-internal-speakers, with a...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

MySQL update disconnects database

Hi, very new at all this - recently installed a MySQL update to fix an issue with MySQL not starting on our Mac server. Now MySQL is running but Casper Admin can't connect. Are there any instructions out there on how to restart the JSS database?  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Push Proxy Certificate Expired

I'm having an issue where my Push Proxy Certificate expired and won't renew. Clicking renew in the WebUI just refreshes the page and nothing happens. I've read that Java updating can cause this issue but Java is not set to auto update and I've confir...  View more

• 26 replies
  • 1 kudos

Deploying Sophos Cloud

i am having some issues deploying sophos cloud on Sierra after upgrading machines from LCAP , does anyone have any advise on managing the client and keeping it updated , or best way to deploy it to users  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Swapping Certificates in 802.1x Login Window Profiles

Does anyone have a elegant way migrating an 802.1x(wireless) login window configuration profile from one radius server to another with a different certificate chain? Previously I have;joined a WPA2-PSK staging networkremoved/edited the 802.1x profile...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best way to install Sierra from El Cap

I read somewhere that Apple automatically cached Sierra in 10.11.6. If that is the case, is there an easier way to install this OS now? This is for a lab so ideally needs to be done so I don't have to touch the machine. Thanks.  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netboot Windows OS onto Apple hardware

Happy New year everyone. My new mini project to start off 2017 is to look into how to stream line setting up Microsoft Windows OS onto the apple hardware. Right now we manually set up bootcamp onto the few machines in the school that need the windows...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pushing a Barracuda SSL Certificate out

Hello everyone! I have a Barracuda Web Security Gateway 610 and need to turn on SSL Inspection and HTTPS filtering. To have those items function properly I need to get the Cuda certificate to each machine and installed for Safari and Firefox. What is...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sierra 10.12 | Casper Admin

Bonjour, Je suis tout récemment passé sur mon MacBook Pro d'OSX Yosemite (10.10) à macOS Sierra (10.12). J'utilise donc toujours Casper Admin pour déposer mes packages. À l'ouverture de Casper Admin, l'authentification fonctionne, mais impossible de ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installing PluralEyes (3.5)

Hi All, I'm curious if anyone has a workflow for installing PluralEyes on machines, including licensing. I suppose I could just use Composer, but I'm curious if there is another way that someone has. Thanks!  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Classes and users (EDU Profile) question

This pertains only to the Mobile Device Groups scoping for the classes. Does the EDU profile only go on iPads that are scoped to a Mobile Device Group (in classes) AND have a user assigned to the iPad via User and Location?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Custom Triggers

Does anyone know if the time-based custom triggers are still in existence? I want to setup a policy to run sudo jamf policy every 90 or 120 min, but couldnt find documentation to support that.  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Flexera App Portal Integration Assistance

I am having a hard time with integrating Flexera App Portal which is managed by a separate entity within my org. There doesn't seem to be many helpful guides or documents on it. If anyone has a guide for the template settings that would be greatly ap...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

SonicWall Mobile Connect

I'm trying to provision SonicWall Mobile Connect Client 4.0.12.Our clients are locked down and when I try and configure the VPN client, I get an error from the VPN software saying Administrator Access Only.Has anyone done this successfully and if so ...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Old Jamf MDM profile on iOS device

I have encountered a situation wherein I did not remove the old JAMF MDM from a iPad prior to rebuilding the database (Corruption error) with a new MDM and everything. These old devices when a co-worker did a reset on them indicates it cannot contact...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

PC to Mac Remote Management

Hi, We currently have screen sharing/remote management available on our test Macs. We are getting ready to roll out Macs but all of our field engineers use Windows 7 laptops for their work. At this time they do not have access to a Mac for their dail...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Flash won't update via Policy

So, I have patch reporting turned on for Flash since Flash is such an...amazing piece of software. I can take a policy and install Flash on a machine that doesn't currently have it and it installs fine. However, if I have a smart group set to members...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issues with DEP

We are having a bit of issues with a new batch on macbooks and I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this. We purchased a batch of laptops from a new supplier, they have been registered to our DEP account and the serial numbers appear in the jss assi...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Requiring authentication for DEP Enrollment

So I'm currently selecting to use authentication when people enrol their Macs into JAMF. Where I'm running into issues is where new employees start and requiring them to to auth with LDAP creds (AD) during the Setup Assistant. Because these employees...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 1 kudos

Recon at next startup only

Wanted to put this here in case it helps anyone. To reboot at next start up only, we came up with a PKG that included these three items: The Launch Daemon loads at startup, and is set to root:wheel and 644 as per Apple, and triggers a script: Lab...  View more

35d0bdf808e244e887fd58a2ef3a56b8 2c4ed8f9d2fe4cf6a9371c7558c499ba
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors