Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

"Didn't get a response from the Software Update server"

Has anyone ever come across this error when running softwareupdate -l: Software Update Tool Copyright 2002-2012 Apple Inc. Finding available software Didn't get a response from the Software Update server (). The server name looks correct, and i'm set...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best Practices for App deployment

I just recently ran into an issue with assigning apps to multiple smart groups of iPads. 5 carts of iPads had the app SpriteBox, those were added about a month ago. We then added another cart for a total of 6 carts and when the assignment was complet...  View more

ea12fa7defad463487e181dcea065891
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Change keyboard language in loginwindow

Hello, how can i change the language of the loginwindow? The Restart, Power off Button is shown in the correct language, but if i try to write in the loginfield i have a english keyboard. If i build an account, the keyboard inside works in the correc...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disabling collaboration for Keynote

Hey fellow JAMF Nation peeps! Anyone got any good tips for disabling the new Beta feature that Apple has released for Keynote Collaboration with an Apple ID? Short of disabling iCloud Drive completely, i'd like to see if there are any application spe...  View more

cb07351cd38b4353b0a27594bdf86c4e
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

ServiceNow - Jamf macOS Integration is Live

View the Jamf macOS Integration in the ServiceNow StoreA complete macOS inventory and software delivery solution through Jamf and ServiceNow. With the Jamf integration, organizations gain a macOS inventory and software delivery solution to complete t...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Siri/Mail/Calendars/Reminders auto-start at logon

We have restrictions policies for several built-in apps that we don't use like Mail/Calendars/Siri/etc. On macOS 10.12.2 using NetBoot to bare-metal image test machines we're seeing that when a user logs in for the very first time they're getting Res...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS System Hardware Configurations - What's yours?

I've been using an i7 mac mini with 8GB RAM and an internal raid 0 since we first purchased the JSS. It can be slow at times. I'm switching to a Mac Pro (2012 model) with more RAM and SSD internal raid. Will be binding the dual gigabit ports. Got me ...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Outlook 365

I recently subscribed to office 365 and installed in my Mac Pro with op sys sierra. My problem is that when I use spotlight in home screen I get search results even for the latest emails, but when I search in outlook I don't get any results at all. I...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro Release 9.97 - Status & Updates

We have identified an issue that is causing Jamf Pro 9.97 to read the FileVault 2 encryption status incorrectly. Due to the impact of this product issue, we pulled the 9.97 installers from Jamf Nation. The symptoms of this issue include: Smart Groups...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

patch reporting / autopkgr

Hello everyone, Is it possible to create a grouptemplate.xml which acts on the jamf criterion patch reporting to create smart group based on this criteria ? Many thanks in advanceBen  View more

5aa8cb11158a435abc94a7750816dba3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enable Lost mode no location data

Hey guys, started messing with this new feature today. No coordinates are showing up in the Hardware section of the device in our JSS. Does find my device need to be enabled in iCloud to get this information to show up?  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Inventory Update frequency for Mobile Devices

Is there a way to increase the inventory update frequency for mobile devices? Here is why I ask. Our school has the App Store restricted on our iPads in grades 5 & 6. This results in them not having the ability to download apps, or update them (most ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

how has 9.97 been?

anybody made the plunge to 9.97 on Mac Servers? Anything fun or exciting? I saw some problems with Linux servers, but other than that I haven't seen anything posted in the forums..  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploy Studio with JSS enrollment

Is there anyone out there using Deploy Studio for netboot imaging and Casper for management? We are currently looking into going back to Deploy Studio for imaging as we've had major headaches with Casper Imaging (netboot). I thought by putting a base...  View more

dac9d012095c4449ad1aadd91f595748
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Fill Active Directory Description

Hello, I'm looking for some assistance with filling in the Active Directory computer object descriptions for our macOS devices. We're trying to do it via the ldapmodify command as per the script below and it works when we run it through Self Service ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Secure Pulse VPN Connections embedded in package

Hi All I have the new version of Pulse Secure (5.2) and I can deploy correctly via Casper admin and JSS and it installs fine. I now want to add the VPN connections to the package so that they get added to app during installation. I have been reading ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors