Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Error on Mac Pro Server

Does anyone know what this error means. The server seems to show this error in the logs in console then the server restarted: Mac error 12/7/16 10:36:46.455 AM copyprivs[928]: Could not set ACL permissions for /Volumes/Promise Mirror RAID Set/Creativ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Weird app deletion via policy

We have the Univago client installed via the deployable pkg I downloaded from their website. The previous version installed /Applications/Univago Client.app The new version installs /Applications/Univago.app The installer doesn't delete the old versi...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Xerox C60 Fiery Printer Drivers

I've been looking up and down the Jamf Nation threads for the last two weeks and not finding any working solution for this... I have 3 xerox C60 machines. Two have an internal Server (C60-i) and one has an External Server (C60) all using Fiery softwa...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

MDM Push Notification Certificate Expiring Soon

Good Morning, I have been informed that out MDM Push Notification Cert is due to expiry, I understand that I need to run through process which has Jamf authorise the cert... my question is not about that. However it is about once I go through the pro...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Skype for Business 16 fails to install

I uploaded the S4b installer to the JSS, created a self service policy. Self Service says it installed correctly, but the logs show: Installation failed. The installer reported: installer: Error - I tried then pushing via C. Remote and it failed with...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Screen Sharing via command?

So, I guess in the past people were able to get Screen Sharing working via: launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.screensharing.agent.plist That doesn't work in at least 10.11 or 10.12. If I run it twice in a row, the second time i...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault2 very slow to sync new AD Password change

Hi all, I have a few FileVault test users and there have been instances of the FileVault password not updating after a password change, they restart the Mac and it will only accept the old AD password, after a few hours they try a restart again and t...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Cloud Distribution Service 1.1.4 Now Available

An update to the Jamf Cloud Distribution Service is now available for cloud-hosted customers. Jamf Cloud Distribution Service 1.1.4 includes fixes for a known product issue. No action is required by customers at this time. For more information on thi...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Change Loginscreen in 10.12

Hello, i have a problem with the loginscreens in 10.12. In 10.9, 10.10 and 10.11 i had customized loginscreens in our company. Now it is not working anymore. Here is a information about this. (https://onemoreadmin.wordpress.com/2016/09/24/apples-efi-...  View more

• 20 replies
  • 0 kudos

Macs auto logging out, need to stop it

Hey everybody, I have an issue with my Mac computers auto logging out. This is a pain, especially when it comes to our caching server. I've went in to the system preferences and tried unchecking and extending the auto log out time. Both options fail,...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Not able to type and do shortcut

We are having issue with some of our Macbook that we are not able to type or do some shortcut like quit or copy and past. Menu bar even dont change if we open application. Sometime it trigger when the macbook went to sleep mode and we open it. Not su...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Download APN Cert as .p12

I'm trying to get an APN Cert downloaded as a .p12 file instead of a .pem file. I'm trying to use [OneSignal.com](link URL). Anyone have any ideas how to do this? I tried downloading it from here but all I get is a .pem which doesn't work for me. htt...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Testing Faulty iOS Devices

Hi everyone, I just want to get some other opinions and other views of how others are managing and testing/checking for faults of previously used and/or returned iOS devices. I find it some times challenging to re-create an issues that a user was exp...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

I need help with a Basic script (please)

I'm trying to run a script to check first if a file is already on the mac I want it to quit, and if the file is not on the mac to go ahead and install it. At the moment I have a policy that copy the file to /tmp/CB/file.pkg than it gets installed.( f...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Filevault Indiviual Key Reissue

Hello @elliotjordan and others! Elliot I have been using your Filevault reissue script with success, however I have one machine in particular that keeps erroring out:Running script reissue_filevault_recovery_key.sh...Script exit code: 11Script result...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Firefox ESR Window crashing on JSS

Seems to happen when I have multiple JSS tabs open. Firefox reports 'script not responding' then is useless unless I click "abort" and kill firefox. Has anyone else seen this? Firefox version: current and last few ESR's that I know of.JSS: 9.96 Firef...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Separate Home screen and lock screen wallpapers

I want to set up two mobile device groups, one for setting the home screen wallpaper, one for setting the lock screen wallpaper. (different pictures) So I setup one group (Before_Name.png) with one wallpaper for the home screen. When I go to the othe...  View more

829fc896874f4997b36abf400ade3ef3 c424dd30d57d4d78965eb7dc77543430
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Preventing domain logins temporarily...lock screen?

We're migrating from one AD domain to another here on campus. I'm developing two scripts to accomplish this. First script unbinds, renames the computer to a new naming scheme, runs recon, and restarts. Second script runs on startup if the computer ha...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Removing Office 365 Templates, why .localized?

Hello fellow jamfers, I'm struggling with something here, I'm trying to write what I thought would be a simple script to remove a folder of templates, before I replace with new ones. I'm finding that the RM command is not finding the files on all mac...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploy Automator .Workflow file

Hello, I've made a service through Automator, and binded it to a keyboard shortcut. Would there be any simple way to make this available through say self service? Or deploy it with a policy? I've tried googling around a little and read about the inst...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

CIFS to DFS and Netapp Filer performance problems

Hello,probably this, or a very similar scenario, has been posted before therefore sorry for asking again. Let my describe my scenario (Windows clients are working fine, therfore will be out of the scope) Netapp Filer with ONTAP 8.2.2 7-Mode acting as...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Screen saver script run as current user

Having trouble getting a script to run as the logged in user instead of root. I've searched here pretty thoroughly but can't find a working solution. The script checks the screen saver idle time of the logged in user; if less than 10 minutes it does ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

In App purchases via VPP?

Folks, Well as it turns out, the FIRST time we tried this new method of acquiring apps, we got stuck. We issued the VPP credit to the VPP account just fine, bought the app with the credit, just fine. After the app came down, we discovered the user al...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors