Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Execution Frequency - One a week.

I need some clarity about how the execution frequencies work. I want to run a script that deletes user profiles on MacBooks once a week and at Log Off. If I set the policy to once a week, when does the policy run and then start counting down 7 days t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Checking for Policies Dialog

Is it possible to suppress the "Checking for Policies" dialog only for certain devices, rather than completely turning it off in the JSS (Computer Management/Check-In/Login-Logout Hooks/Display status of login/logout hook actions to users)? If so, wh...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Reason 9 from Propellerhead Install

Good afternoon everyone! Has anyone had any success installing Reason version 9 using Casper? We run a Reason server out in the wild for licensing so that end is covered. The Reason software installation quickest way to install according to them is t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dell KACE Package

Has anyone had any luck deploying Dell Kace with JAMF and figuring out how to point it to the right server? I can't make a composer image from it from what I can tell, because once you install it and point it to a Kace server, it configures the compu...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Caching server versions

This is probably a stupid question but Apple's documentation for Caching server doesn't consist of much more than "Turn it on" and I can't find any info anywhere else. I finally got confirmation that our Mac Mini server running 10.11.6 is properly ca...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Re-claiming iWork App Licenses

Of course, now Numbers, iMovie, Pages, Keynote, and GarageBand come pre-installed on new iPads. I've heard rumors on Fraser & Bradley Out of School that you can re-claim each of those apps' licenses on the JSS and deploy them on other devices that do...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apps will not install after enrollment of iPad

Yesterday I restored from an iCloud backup onto XXXXXXXXXXXXThe Restore finished normally, but the core apps that were scheduled for installation never went through after several attempts. I did a hard reboot of the iPad. Still no apps. • Other comma...  View more

0fd67600d70f4d38b6e7ef2cbc907c13
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Patch reporting

Can JAMF please speed up the updates for PatchReporting over at JAMF? Sometimes we can't use Patch reporting 'as built in' because the system is unaware that Firefox, Adobe and so on has released an updated version. . I've found a workaround w/o usin...  View more

85d329cbee87490a9fed2d03716858b9
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Focus adds teacher iPad to the list

I've been looking for a quick solution to this. I have an issue where my teachers will forget to exclude their own iPad for their Focus list and they end of locking themselves out of their own iPad. I then have to add my account to the classroom and ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

File Vault 2 - Decrypting SSD via Recovery.

Hello Jamf Nation Community. Our School is a new Customer of JamF. Our JumpStart is scheduled for early Jan. As the Sys Admin I am very excited to finally be able to play with Casper.Hoping someone in the Community can help me. I am struggling with D...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

El Caption pre configuration Imaging Simple Solution?

I am trying to make an Image or snapshot of El Caption with Composer it's referring me to the recovery drive. The main target hard disk is grayed out and I am unable to select it. Its there a simple or easy way to select this. Is there a simple metho...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetSUS - From Vanilla to Production

Hey everyone,For anyone interested I thought I'd share my experiences going from a fresh install of NetSUS to production. Due to the lack of how-to's and going on google-sprees, I spent about a week trying to figure out how to take JAMF's NetSUS appl...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Removing Adobe CC 2015 in preparation for CC 2017

I'm a little annoyed that Adobe's RemoteUpdateManager (RUM) doesn't upgrade our CC 2015 Mac labs to CC 2017, forcing me to get rid of CC 2015 and install CC 2017 from the package file I created with Adobe CCP (Creative Cloud Packager). I looked at th...  View more

• 38 replies
  • 2 kudos

Propellerhead Reason version 9

Good afternoon everyone! Has anyone had any success installing Reason version 9 using Casper? We run a Reason server out in the wild for licensing so that end is covered. The Reason software installation quickest way to install according to them is t...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS commands not reaching ethernet attached iPad

I have an iPad was placed in "Lost Mode". We find the iPad and try to disable "Lost Mode", but can't because there is no wifi on the device. We do the iPad connect via Ethernet setup. We can ping the iPad, it has an IP address. When we send the disab...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Late 2016 TouchBar Macbook Pros Imaging from netboot

Has anyone been able to get a 15 inch late model macbook pro w/ touchbar to image, or even boot to netboot? I updated out netboot with the latest build using AutoCasperNBI. The only way to get the computer to even try to netboot is to use the Apple U...  View more

• 19 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Flash distribution change?

Many months ago when Adobe made it so we had to apply for access to a website to download full Flash Player install packages to redistribute to our users, I applied and got approved and I've been using the URL they sent me ever since. This morning I ...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

add a script to an app install

We want to make OneDrive available in Self Service, but we need a script to run after install. It looks like you are supposed to make the app available in "Mac App Store Apps", but there is no place to add a script in there. My next thought was to cr...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Why can my non-admins can Partition the OS disk?!

El Capitan 10.11.6A non admin network user launches Disk Utility.- The main Hitachi disk is selected.- The Partition button is pressed.- He dials the wheel round from 1TB to 750MB- Partitioning happens, and a new 250MB partition is successfully added...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors