Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

.GlobalPreferences Configuration Profile

I am currently converting our monster first run script to Config Profiles, and wondering how to implement these keys: LastPreLoginTasksPerformedBuild 15D21 LastPreLoginTasksPerformedVersion 10.11.4 LastSeenBuddyBuildVersion 15D21 LastSeenCloudProduct...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPads losing connection to server

We are an education institution and I manage about 550 iPad Air 1st Gen.Lately I'm seeing an issue where the iPads will lose their connection to the JSS and the only way to fix the issue is to reset the network settings on the iPad.The iPads are vari...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netboot issues across multiple subnets

Hi all, We are having issues configuring our netboot setup. We have the helper addresses in place and two subnets are working, but the netboot is not showing up on another range that is very close to the two that are working. We use dhcp options for ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

CCK2 with Firefox 45 ESR

We have been utilizing CCK2 to configure our Firefox ESR for quite some time and it has worked rather well. However, I have been asked to add a few new certificates to the configuration to allow a few new plugins to work. Our original SSL Root Certif...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Autopkg users, show of hands.

I am transitioning our mac environment onto another network and have to get all software re-approved. Being that there is no vendor/support for Autopkg I am receiving some resistance on it. Can I get a show of hands of everyone who uses it/has it app...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

JDK policy keeps running

Hi, We have a policy set up to automatically upgrade to the latest version of the Java Developer Toolkit.We get the new package from AutoPkg and then run it through a scoped policy.The policy should exclude all members of a Smart Group that contains ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Password change after upgrade to Sierra

Hi Everyone, We're still testing Sierra with our Corp software before deploying to our users. One odd thing I have found is that on every machine we've upgraded. At the first boot after installation has completed the user account is prompted to chang...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Script Help

Hi, we are trying to add a status bar to one of our dialogs that pops up at login. We use this for the status bar: set n to 10 set progress total steps to n repeat with i from 1 to n delay 1 set progress completed steps to i end repeat We use this fo...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Reliable method of detecting wifi use?

I know this is a somewhat touchy subject, just looking for some pointers. Institutional policy prohibits connecting to the internal network via wifi. I suspect a few of our remote field offices are ignoring this, and connecting their Macs to a WAP in...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

File / Screen sharing activation failed.

Hi, Someone can help with this? After set file sharing and screen sharing on Yosemite 10.10.5 everything works as expected. But after re boot the computer file sharing and screen sharing appears disabled. Any help will be appreciate. Thanks Josep  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

What to do with redeemed VPP apps/codes?

I work for a K-12 district and we just recently setup Casper to start managing our iOS devices. Before Casper we had an AppleID for each school building and the users would redeem their VPP purchased apps using codes which tied those apps to those Ap...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Naming MacBooks in a 1-TO-1 environment

Hi Folks, I cobbled together the following script to allow standard users to name their assigned device. The script needs to be applied to a Self Service Item for it to work properly. (i.e. it's run as root). When run, it queries the student for thei...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

SKIP Setup MS OFFICE 15 for Mac

I am deploying MS OFFICE 15.16 to all our machines and serializing it. Works great. When a user opens an application like Word for the first time it prompts them with a setup that says "skip sign in" and then "start using word" or something like that...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

"Sign In" to iTunes & App Store Greyed Out

I've just recently started enrolling iPads via DEP into our newly setup and configured JSS. I've enabled a few restrictions in one of the configuration profiles I've deployed but I don't see any that restrict signing into iTunes & App Store. I'd like...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

OSX Config Profile (exclude AD user group)

Hi, Having issues getting scope correct on a OSX Configuration Profile. I have a Configuration Profile I want to assign to "student machines" - pretty locked down with various restrictions. However, I don't want those restrictions present if an Admin...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

update IP adres of an client at every boot in de JSS?

Hello, At our school we have 8 ip ranges for every building one. When i image an mac in our office it is registered in the JSS with that ip number. When i bring the mac to an other building, it works on an other ip adres in a different range. Casper ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

IOS selfservice app slow

Goodmorning! ( for western european viewers ) i having trouble finding a solution for my problem. When users start there DEP IPhone, the whole enrollment proces is smooth and fast. But when they start the selfservice app, the waiting starts. It takes...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best practise for smart groups

Hey! I have just ended my trial weeks for JAMF and have been fiddling around with smart groups and policies mostly. One example I was curious about is how to build smart-groups the most efficient way possible to reduce overhead. Example: Users need S...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Do OSX security updates need admin PW?

Hi all, I set our Macs(Sierra) to do automatic Security Updates. In the past I think I can remember the updates were asking for admin credentials. Are these admin credentials now not needed anymore and OSX is installing them straight away?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Random JSS Restarts

Hi, For the last few days I've been getting random JSS Service Started alerts via e-mail. Usually happens between 6.30 and 7.30 am. Odd thing is there's no JSS stopped alerts so i'm assuming it's just restarting due to a crash or something. We've got...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Open Directory with local homes

Hi Guys As probably a lot people know, Open Directory doesn't run smoothly with network homes or let's say there are to many issues... We still use Open Directory, for the user authentification, BUT instead of using network homes we switched to local...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Removing All Keychains Items with Unique Label

Like the title states, I would like to remove all keychain items with the same label. Here is how I am able to one at a time: security delete-generic-password -l Wired 802.1X A command I found on this forum uses an AWK command but im stuck there. Her...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Generating a CSR from v9.x

I'm in need of a proper, CA-issued SSL certificate for our Casper server, but we need to generate a CSR from our server to be able to request a certificate. How do I achieve this? The only instructions I've found have been for v8.x and involve the us...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Boot to black screen on 10.11.6

Hello all, We have an environment with many identical 27" Fusion-drive iMacs (Late 2014). We've had a reoccurring issue with these machines that I can't seem to figure out. When rebooting they more often than not stall out on the loading bar and just...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Excessive command: Profilelist

Hello all, I'm hoping someone can help point me in the right direction regarding the following:We're seeing huge connection spikes on our JSS which is maxing out. While troubleshooting I'm seeing the below image for some machines: ...along with that ...  View more

ec39f72f21c34c998e848a6dcbdeedcb 6479e65a82584d9db607d2464c57ecaf
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors