Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Running Uninstall Script via Policy, Errors Out

Hey everyone. Trying to run this complicated Symantec Removal script so we can get Symantec off and everyone moved to Trend Micro. I have a script Symantec provided me that does a great job of clearing everything out in one go. When I run it as a pol...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Deploying an OS X Upgrade: Recon at Reboot script

Overview The script below will create a LaunchDaemon and Bash script to run Recon at the next reboot. We've found this helpful with OS upgrade policies which tend to ignore (or fail) when "Maintenance > Update Inventory" is included. Background We us...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

Select Workgroups message during login

I've been digging the net to find anything on this and have not found a thing.Here is the full message; "Workgroups for username . Select a workgroup to use. Click Remember and Continue to save the selected workgroup for use next time. Hold down the ...  View more

• 20 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extension Attribute Not Running Automatically

Hello everyone, I am trying to implement an extension attribute to pull the version of SafeGuard. Below is my script: The extension attribute will populate the correct information if I'm physically on the machine running "sudo jamf recon". I enrolled...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pushing an SSL cert to iOS

Hello, I work at a school that uses a web filter which requires a cert installed on every device for SSL inspection. It's easy enough to push out the cert to the MacOS devices, but I'm having trouble pushing them to our iPads. I can create a configur...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Update App for One Device?

I have a user that wants an app updated on their device. This app has been known to have problems when updating, therefore I do not want to update it across all users and devices. Our users do not have access to the App Store. Is it possible for me t...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cisco ISE 2.1 Integration

Has anyone successfully integrated Cisco ISE 2.1 with Jamf v9.96 (or something close)? In Jamf JSS, we have setup Cisco ISE in All Settings > Network Organization. Then in Cisco ISE, in Administration > External MDM, we have setup the Jamf JSS, and t...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

New MDM profile, not sure what I am missing.

Cloned a working profile, to set up a "Teen" profile with different restrictions. Now, though, whenever I attempt to add ANY app, including Self-Service, it's asking for iTunes login info. VPP is set up properly. I tore out all apps EXCEPT for self-s...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Laptop Refresh Reports/Notifications

My company issues new laptops to our employees every 3 years. I'm wondering if there's a way to pull a report or set up a notification so that I know how many machines I have that are reaching the 3 year mark. Is there a report I can run or a way to ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Tweakboxapp

Hi Everyone - if you haven't seen it yet, look at tweakboxapp.com - goes to the twitter feed of the creator. It's an app that one of our no-app-store students found, and allows him to download the app from the site, then install any app he wants. Yee...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

FUT/FEU when caching a package

Hello all, We are pushing a large package for the first time after our JAMF deployment. We want to cache/install cache to reduce user downtime during installation. We will use two separate policies: one to cache the package, the next to install cache...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Certifiations

This may be a fruitless question, but for those of us that work for businesses or schools that cannot afford to spend $2,500 to send each employee to a class to get certified are there any other options for us to pursue a CCT/CCA/CCE certification pa...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managing iWork App via VPP for new DEP Macs

We are trying to create an out of box experience for our students and teachers, and we have done a very good job so far with the iPads. All apps are pushed via Managed Distribution VPP and the tick box "Make app managed if currently installed as unma...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD user logins

Im having a very strange issue with a subset of AD users. The users in question have multiple AD accounts with the same Long name but different short names. When they attempt to login to the Mac , they are either not allowed to login or if they have ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

OS build numbers on new hardware?

I haven't been able to find this information anywhere yet, but I know that some people have the new hardware in their hands. I'm wondering if I should bother with a 10.12.1 image or wait for 10.12.2 to support the new hardware if the OS was forked.  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Authentication error from API using ajax query

Does anyone know how the JSS API expects credentials from an ajax query? This is using a read-only account to gather machine information through a SharePoint page. The below code is in-place but every iteration returns an authentication error. (This ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

OS X Install Data Folder in root folder?

Good morning.I have been testing a self service upgrade of Sierra. We are only allowing this for machines running 10.10 and higher because of our disk encryption system. Older machines are not using File Vault for encryption so an upgrade is not an o...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Strange dock behavior for mobile accounts

When a mobile user first logs into a machine, the dock is fine. All happy.The user logs out and back in, the dock has 3 extra items - all question marks. If the machine is restarted, the cycle continues - first login after reboot OK, subsequent show ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Classroom students offline

Okay I have setup apple classroom on multiple teachers devices in our school district. We have it functioning in several classrooms. However I have one teacher that all students are showing offline. I have made sure that she is a teacher in school.ap...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

3rd Party ScreenSavers On Login Page

Has anyone looked into this before? I'm sure there are ways to do this since you can assign a few screen savers to the login page already, (but only a few even of Apples work for this). I figure someone would have to disable SIP then write a few .pli...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managed Apple ID's in Apple School Manager

Hi I've recently created 2 managed Apple ID's in Apple School Manager. After creating them I've then tried to logon on iCloud on our managed iPads. It goes through the part where you have to provide a mobile number for verification and reset the pass...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors