Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Ebooks not opening

I'm trying to work out how to distribute in-house ebooks and seem to be hitting a wall. I've added the epub to C:Program FilesJSSTomcatwebappsinhouse and can see the document in Self Service but nothing happens when I install. Any thoughts?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pre-stage enrollment question

I have created a Pre-stage enrollment for our existing Macs and incoming. As a test, I enrolled a test Mac we have in DEP, wiped it, worked great. Well I needed to wipe it again, I created a smart group that is supposed to add anything enrolled in th...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Switch Shared iPad to Single User

I set up some iPads as shared iPads because we weren't sure what Apple ID's we would be using at the time. Now we know we only want to use one Apple ID on all the iPads - we no longer need these to be shared. To switch from a shared iPad to "single u...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to package Encase Servlet

Nothing I've tried so far seem to get it to install and talk to the server. I've tried installing from the supplied mpkg, I've tried packaging with a snapshot in Composer, it's just not working. Is anybody currently using Casper to push the encase se...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

White screen

Hi Guys, Newby here, very inexperienced with Mac Support.I have a 2011 MBP with El Capitan, not networked.One day during use it just turned itself off, was conected to the power and everything.I turned it back on and the screen was white.I can hear t...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

ISC DHCP configured on Mac Mini Server

Hi all, Has anyone attempted or successfully set up ISC DHCP under Mac OS 10.11.6? In order to get the Mac to feed info into our Solar Winds network infrastructure, it has to meet a very short list of criteria, and in this case, the ISC DHCP is the o...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Large school district best practices?

We are a large school district and have been using Jamf for about 3 years now. We have approximately 36K devices across the district. With 52 different sites and site admins our smart groups and policies get bloated quickly. I would be interested in ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

JamfHelper fullscreenIcon requirements?

I'm working on setting up a post-DEP workflow, and i'd like to use jamfHelper's fullscreenIcon flag to overlay the screen with a series of images detailing to the user what is happening. When I invoke the command in my script, it blacks out the scree...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best Option to upgrade from <=10.9.X to El Capitan

Hi Experts, Whats your recommendation on upgrading OS X from Mavericks and below to El Capitan? Things I have tried. > Created a OSX El Capitan install package using createOSXInstallPkg and cached it to local clients, but after running the cached pac...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

JDS, OS X Server 5.1.x, Certificates

I'm running JSS and JDS on top of a Mac Pro with OS X Server 5.1.7. I managed to installed and get everything working. I can upload files either from the JSS Web Console or Casper Admin. My problem is that every time I open Casper Admin, I enter my J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

iBeacon for classroom

Hey all, I need help working through the thought and implementation process of a new project I'm working on. I have a profile to start the screensaver after 20min on all my computers. People are getting upset that their presentations are getting disr...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS is losing personal recovery keys

Hey all, I'm wondering if anyone else is seeing this. I apologize in advance for the wall of text. I'll try to keep it brief. We're doing a 1-1 deployment and our workflow requires the setting up of 2 accounts (one for "personal" use and another for ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS SCEP Configuration Profile

We are looking at rolling out SCEP Configuration Profiles for our iOS devices (and macOS devices...but for now, we're focusing on iOS). There is a definite lack of information out there on doing this, so I am curious if anyone has been able to succes...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 1 kudos

Enrolment fails with macOS Sierra 10.12.1

We see reproducable enrollment issues with Casper 9.96 and Sierra 10.2.1 devices. Multiple laptops do not complete the enrollment but the installation aborts eventually. I first thought it's SIP so I disabled it, but no luck. The installer log says: ...  View more

01d15e1f93994770aee33f4620b5e067
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Config Profiles in Jamf Pro have blank buttons

We have at least 2 configuration profiles on our JPS that when loaded show blank buttons: The profile seems to be corrupted. We cannot delete it or clone it. Has anyone else seen this issue and if so, what did you do about it? I suspect we may need t...  View more

bb6ae785ffbe48deaadcbcf343cb4511
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

File Vault 2 problems when using Recovery Key

Hi jamf Nation. I'm pretty new to jamf and this discussion board is so helpful, thank you so much.I now have a Problem where I couldn't find a hint here so try to start a new discussion about it. We are using JSS 9.96, and macOS Sierra 10.12.0 We wan...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors