Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Best Option to upgrade from <=10.9.X to El Capitan

Hi Experts, Whats your recommendation on upgrading OS X from Mavericks and below to El Capitan? Things I have tried. > Created a OSX El Capitan install package using createOSXInstallPkg and cached it to local clients, but after running the cached pac...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

JDS, OS X Server 5.1.x, Certificates

I'm running JSS and JDS on top of a Mac Pro with OS X Server 5.1.7. I managed to installed and get everything working. I can upload files either from the JSS Web Console or Casper Admin. My problem is that every time I open Casper Admin, I enter my J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

iBeacon for classroom

Hey all, I need help working through the thought and implementation process of a new project I'm working on. I have a profile to start the screensaver after 20min on all my computers. People are getting upset that their presentations are getting disr...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS is losing personal recovery keys

Hey all, I'm wondering if anyone else is seeing this. I apologize in advance for the wall of text. I'll try to keep it brief. We're doing a 1-1 deployment and our workflow requires the setting up of 2 accounts (one for "personal" use and another for ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS SCEP Configuration Profile

We are looking at rolling out SCEP Configuration Profiles for our iOS devices (and macOS devices...but for now, we're focusing on iOS). There is a definite lack of information out there on doing this, so I am curious if anyone has been able to succes...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 1 kudos

Enrolment fails with macOS Sierra 10.12.1

We see reproducable enrollment issues with Casper 9.96 and Sierra 10.2.1 devices. Multiple laptops do not complete the enrollment but the installation aborts eventually. I first thought it's SIP so I disabled it, but no luck. The installer log says: ...  View more

01d15e1f93994770aee33f4620b5e067
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Config Profiles in Jamf Pro have blank buttons

We have at least 2 configuration profiles on our JPS that when loaded show blank buttons: The profile seems to be corrupted. We cannot delete it or clone it. Has anyone else seen this issue and if so, what did you do about it? I suspect we may need t...  View more

bb6ae785ffbe48deaadcbcf343cb4511
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

File Vault 2 problems when using Recovery Key

Hi jamf Nation. I'm pretty new to jamf and this discussion board is so helpful, thank you so much.I now have a Problem where I couldn't find a hint here so try to start a new discussion about it. We are using JSS 9.96, and macOS Sierra 10.12.0 We wan...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Printers installed by Self Service won't print

I'm still trying to determine when this first started, but it seems fairly recent. (since updating to 9.96) When someone installs a printer from Self Service, it fails to print. In working with my Printer team, it seems that the print jobs are being ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

MDM iPod Touch(s) & Self Erasing

Was wondering if someone has run into this ... Basically, I have 3 iPod Touches that are NOT DEP devices, but I've configured via Apple Configurator and later placed into our MDM. Of the three, 1 unit has erased itself three times and I have had to r...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Show additional information in the menu bar

Anyone else seeing an issue where Sierra machines don't show the clock, Wi-Fi and battery info on the Login Window? I've seen it on machines that we've upgraded to Sierra as well as a machine that we've clean installed. Both instances so far happen t...  View more

004600834e51412a86785a7895dd8540
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Software Update

Hi All I have a question and hope someone can help answer. I've created a policy that points users the Casper server for its software updates, but users are still unable to use the App store to get updates. Is possibe to disble them from getting OSX ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Introducing Self Service

Hey Everyone, Just a quick question, how did you introduce self service to your users who are not used to serving themselves? Do you send out an email explaining what Self Service is? We are almost done with our pilot testing and are just about ready...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Re-issuing Filevault Keys

I'm desperately trying to solve a problem and keep hitting brick walls. I need to migrate about 300 users into the Casper JSS. They are not in DEP and will need to be enrolled by invitation. They are all encrypted already and i'm trying to issue new ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office 2016 Kerberos authentication required

When opening any Office 2016 product. I get a popup saying Kerberos authentication required. Clicking renew gives the screen below. Anyone run into this issue? I have omextemplates.content.office.net in proxy bypass as well. Any help would be appreci...  View more

8c279703fbc945faa99cb1c5ef66386c 4747e3f0fed24b06b542316204810be7
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Turn VoiceOver Off

A teacher requested that I set Voiceover off on her cart of iPads. I am not seeing that in restrictions on a configuration profile. Any pointers/ideas here? Thanks!  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Updating other applications other than OSX

We have a small iMac lab for students. When doing monthly patching I attempted to use Casper Remote and it would barely update OSX, failed to update other applications pushed through casper, and never saw or touched applications like MS Office, Firef...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors