Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Printers installed by Self Service won't print

I'm still trying to determine when this first started, but it seems fairly recent. (since updating to 9.96) When someone installs a printer from Self Service, it fails to print. In working with my Printer team, it seems that the print jobs are being ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

MDM iPod Touch(s) & Self Erasing

Was wondering if someone has run into this ... Basically, I have 3 iPod Touches that are NOT DEP devices, but I've configured via Apple Configurator and later placed into our MDM. Of the three, 1 unit has erased itself three times and I have had to r...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Show additional information in the menu bar

Anyone else seeing an issue where Sierra machines don't show the clock, Wi-Fi and battery info on the Login Window? I've seen it on machines that we've upgraded to Sierra as well as a machine that we've clean installed. Both instances so far happen t...  View more

004600834e51412a86785a7895dd8540
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Software Update

Hi All I have a question and hope someone can help answer. I've created a policy that points users the Casper server for its software updates, but users are still unable to use the App store to get updates. Is possibe to disble them from getting OSX ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Introducing Self Service

Hey Everyone, Just a quick question, how did you introduce self service to your users who are not used to serving themselves? Do you send out an email explaining what Self Service is? We are almost done with our pilot testing and are just about ready...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Re-issuing Filevault Keys

I'm desperately trying to solve a problem and keep hitting brick walls. I need to migrate about 300 users into the Casper JSS. They are not in DEP and will need to be enrolled by invitation. They are all encrypted already and i'm trying to issue new ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office 2016 Kerberos authentication required

When opening any Office 2016 product. I get a popup saying Kerberos authentication required. Clicking renew gives the screen below. Anyone run into this issue? I have omextemplates.content.office.net in proxy bypass as well. Any help would be appreci...  View more

8c279703fbc945faa99cb1c5ef66386c 4747e3f0fed24b06b542316204810be7
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Turn VoiceOver Off

A teacher requested that I set Voiceover off on her cart of iPads. I am not seeing that in restrictions on a configuration profile. Any pointers/ideas here? Thanks!  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Updating other applications other than OSX

We have a small iMac lab for students. When doing monthly patching I attempted to use Casper Remote and it would barely update OSX, failed to update other applications pushed through casper, and never saw or touched applications like MS Office, Firef...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Skype for Business MAU

Hi folks, Has anyone yet installed this, and been able to block the included MAU from installing with it? I have a "choices.xml" file that worked with Lync, but when I tried using it with the new Skype for Business installer, it didn't block MAU from...  View more

2002d57228ad4762a8c65ba956d472d1 ecb17710dba8444b9fed6e5e262587b6
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sierra Deployment Strategy and Advice for K-12 School

We have five small schools with shared computer labs, iMacs and MacBook Airs.Currently using Open Directory, creating mobile accounts with home sync for staff and students in each location. The settings are pushed in a Configuration Profile. It isn’t...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Did Sierra break screen locking?

Hi all, We have a policy we deploy to set the screensaver time and to force a password when existing screensaver or waking from sleep. It seems that Sierra is ignoring this, so I was wondering if anyoen's also seeing similar. This is a pretty big dea...  View more

14f188bd3666420bac390df1235841b5
  • 25 replies
  • 0 kudos

Find computers using iCloud Drive

I'd like to start preparing to upgrade our computers to Sierra and one of the major no no's is allowing the user to enable iCloud Desktop & Documents. Currently there is not a way (that I know of) to turn this off, but keep iCloud drive off. While I ...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 1 kudos

Login script loading Safari for some reason?

We have a bash login script which does a bunch of housekeeping each time a user logs in to ensure they get connected to their network storage area etcetera, but one thing we're finding is that as well as doing the things it's supposed to do, it also ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sigh! Novice who needs advice (please read)

First time poster, been on here before but only just realised how big the community is on here so I thought I'd try my chances and publish a few of the problems I am currently experiencing with my MAC OS network. Background information first things f...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Custom Order During Imaging

Hi all, At our school we are coming up to decommission time. We need to remove the firmware passwords, most of the machines are OSX 10.8, so we're using setregproptool. Because these don't have Recovery HD, I've got a policy/package (Add Firmware Pas...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP Account per School?

Hey all, How do you handle your VPP accounts for multiple sites? We are thinking we might create a managed AppleID VPP account for each school via Apple School Manager. That way we can keep the funds and number of licenses purchased for each school s...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Keynote iOS App crashes

I have got a shared ipad device on which keynote is distributed but it crashes upon start, regardless which user is logged in. Which is the best/fastest way to remove/reinstall/update keynote on the device?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

App disappears after successful download

Has anyone had this happen? Enroll some iPads through Apple Configurator 2, scope them out in the JSS. Watch all of the apps download and then poof! One of the apps (Ozobots) disappears. Has happened on the newest group I have enrolled (30 iPads) Won...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP Mac OS X Apps and Icon Docks

I'm hitting stride with distributing Mac OS X apps via VPP. However I'm not finding a build in way of adding an icon to the user dock with this distribution method. I'm already using dockutil. I'm open to ideas on how to add VPP-distributed app icons...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setting Login Hint for FileVault Screen

Hello everyone! I have the following code snippet in a script from Enterprise Connect when a user successfully changes their password (synced to AD + Local user password). What I was expecting to happen is the login hint to be set for the FileVault p...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Right side of dock settings

hi Folks, So, I have added a ton of dock items for our deployments and this hasn't been an issue until now. We have dock icons on the right side of our dock that we are trying to capture for our users in the physics classes. These are the following i...  View more

c7b9f25ef1324f3885b531f943701bb4 fe7e25692f9a439dac230ce4eb56a182
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smaller Patch Reporting Status On Dashboard?

Hello Everyone, Does anyone know of a way to make the Patch Reporting show up smaller and more uniform to the other dashboard items such as Policy Statuses? The Patch Reporting on the dashboard is large and takes up a lot of space.  View more

d59be57298314a1489958defac85b9ab
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPPServiceHelper errors in JamfSoftwareServer.log

We switched JSS's yesterday and did a revoke of all VPP apps, moved the token from old to new, and re-scoped apps. Most of the "in use" totals are populating but are inaccurate, and some are not reporting at all. I took a look at the JAMFSoftwareServ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

How we use yo.app for actionable native notifications

At Cisco we had a need for a notification system that was more native looking than jamf helper but persistent unlike default Notification Center alerts. This led us to yo.app which is an open source notification alert utility. By default the binary a...  View more

7ba91862538e443487fe73ece1fd9bab
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudos

Puffin Browser App will not install

We have been unable to install the Puffin Browser App on our supervised iPads. We have it in Self-Service. Sometimes it looks like it's installing but once the installation is complete it disappears from the ipad. We don't have any problems installin...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors