Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Prefered Jamf Server

My current JAMF Server is starting to show its age, it is a 2011 Mac Mini Server. So as I start looking at a new server I figured I would as the nation what server platform you prefer and why. I manage around 300 devices. Thanks for your input.  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

lpadmin Group for Printer Pane Access

Hello, We are looking to allow our users access to the print options on the mac with out full admin credentials. I was going to throw this: /usr/sbin/dseditgroup -o edit -n /Local/Default -a 'Domain Users' -t group lpadmininto the jss scripts but I s...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apps wont download from Self Service

I'm having a constant issue where we try to download apps from Self Service and the app simply will not download. I get greyed out app icons on my home screen. Some of them will say "Waiting" but never download. I've checked to make sure we have enou...  View more

dad4850312824f62a000835dd85858e8
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Cloud slow as @#$%^

Since September I've noticed that JAMF Cloud has been extremely slow. Even today bringing up the login page took 20 seconds. Most page clicks take at least that long to execute. Anyone else noticed this?  View more

• 19 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sierra and Casper system ??

How is everyone doing so far with Sierra enrollments, policies, profiles etc... ? are you seeing any strange things happening? I am seeing this in my FV2 configuration profile for the 'security& Privacy' payload !! Not sure sure if its a Sierra issue...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lost WiFi Signal - Lost Mode

I put a couple of my managed iPad's in Lost Mode using JSS this week. When I go to take them out of Lost Mode they do not get my command because they are not hooked to WiFi anymore. The only work around I have is to put the device into DFU mode, and ...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Prefered Jamf Server

My current JAMF Server is starting to show its age, it is a 2011 Mac Mini Server. So as I start looking at a new server I figured I would as the nation what server platform you prefer and why. I manage around 300 devices. Thanks for your input.  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Who's telling fibs? Apple or the JSS ?

We've got multiple instances where if you walk up to a machine and look at about this Mac it will say (e.g) Macbook Pro (Retina, 15-Inch, Mid 2014) however if i check the same machine in the jSS I see a completely different date 15-inch Retina MacBoo...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error Installing MDM Profile?

jamf manage Getting management framework from the JSS... Enforcing management framework... Checking availability of https://jss-01.ccsd93.com:8443/... The JSS is available. Enforcing login/logout hooks... Error installing the computer level mdm profi...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 2 kudos

VPP Portals- no search results. Anyone else?

We are unable to search in the VPP portal. Every search comes up with no items found. This is happening across multiple portals and even hen not logged in. Apple System Status shows no problems at this time  View more

• 22 replies
  • 0 kudos

New computers missing from Static Group?

I have a static group that I wanted to add some newly imaged machines into but they're not showing up as an option. If I go to create a new group they show up there, but not in the already existing group. Is there a workaround for this? Thanks!  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Command to check if the user is logged in?

I am making a simple bash script. I want to use an IF statement that checks to make sure the user is logged in before it runs (else Exit). Anyone know what command line to use to make sure the computer is not at the login window, or that a user is lo...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Safari no longer working after update

We are a K-12 institution and use Proxy.pac files to direct iPad traffic. After update to iOS 10 Safari has ceased to function. Our Apple SE stated this is known and the solution is to create a not so custom pac file from our firewall. Anyone out the...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Find Firewall Status

I have a few computers that check in to Jamf fine, execute policy no problems etc, but we can't Screen Share into them with Casper Remote or SSH in to them. Wondering if the firewall is turned on so I'm looking for a script that might check the firew...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

New Jamf Nation site

I've noticed some wonky issues with the new site. One being the login. If I click the login link so it opens in a new tab, I get an HTTP500 error. I have to click login again, and after logging in, I get another HTTP500 error. Clicking login without ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Java - 8u111/112 - Installation Issues

Hi All, First time posting. Let me know if there are any details that would be helpful to have. When Oracle released the newest version of Java 8, I created a policy as I always do to update our clients to the most recent version. It's as simple as r...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unifying OS Versions 10.11.1, .2, .3, .4, .5, to .6

I am new to Casper and JSS. I am in need to bring up all versions of OS 10.11.1-5 to 10.11.6. I have downloaded the installation packages from Apple. I am checking to see what is the best practice that is recommended? 1. Do I use snapshot to install ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Login / Out Script Help!

Hello! We have to use OS X server to manage some of our computers and we have been trying to get login scripts to work with them. It says its needs changes in/private/var/root/Library/Preferences/com.apple.loginwindow.plistwe have found this to be cu...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Run pkg installation as the user

I'm working on a silent deployment of an agent that needs to install to and run as a service in the user context. Running the .pkg installer as the user via a bash script produces an error from the installer process when recurring checkin is used as ...  View more

• 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS system management issue + quickadd not working

Hello all, So our JSS was upgraded to 9.92.146xxxx the other day, and while everything is dandy, there are 2 issues that have emerged that are highly impacting us. inability to access system settings/management (the gear icon) without first having to...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Software Update restarts during re-maging with Sierra

I use Casper Imaging to re-image Macs with Sierra image; use the same tested process as with El Capitan, but Mac keeps rebooting. Log shows that Software Update somehow interupts everything and reboots Mac. FINAL System shutdown message from _softwar...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scheduled Tasks & Network Traffic

This may be a networking question, but I wanted to ask around and see if we can eliminate some other variables. In our environment (K-8 edu, ~700 Macs and ~800 iOS devices) we've noticed our incoming traffic throughput gets maxed out. This will happe...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

VMware Fusion License packaging

Hi Everyone, Today's crisis is related to VMware Fusion. We have version 8.5 installed, however, we are finding out the license we used to install it is expiring in 5 days. We are working directly with VMware to acquire a new license to use on our Ma...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors