Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Microsoft Remote Desktop Connections

I manage an environment with about a 60/40 mix of Macs to PCs. Many of those PCs could be replaced with Macs, but the users need to either run windows programs or connect to Windows VMs. I have had good success with Microsoft Remote Desktop, but one ...  View more

1a8b056bd7274461bec9fb0c75e340b8
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.12.1 Update Breaks Wireless SSO / Authentication

We use a mobileconfig file that gives our faculty and staff Wireless Single Sign On capability. In other words, if they've never signed into a particular mac before, they can enter their domain credentials at the login screen, and the mac will use th...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS 10 and AirPrint

HI everyone, We are seeing an issue now where our devices on iOS 10 aren't seeing all of our printers on our network. Two questions regarding this, is there a limit on how many Printers show up in the print view on iOS and is there a way in Casper to...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

JamfCloud JSS and internal JDS(s) issues

We are moving our JSS to the cloud and want to have a JDS in each building. The Master will be in the home office and 'child' instances will be in the remote offices. The roadblock that i am getting is the firewall.The JDS(s) have internal IP address...  View more

e2848427a002453e92ceb6bc0d6a515d
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Question for mm2270 regarding reboot scheduler script

Hi @mm2270 , First of all, thank you for this awesome script! We've been struggling with how to enforce critical OS updates (requires reboot) without being too invasive and your reboot scheduler script was just what we were looking for! I presented i...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Preview not responding fix.

Hi, I recently came across and issue with a few machines recently upgraded to sierra that were refusing to open any type of file in preview and we tried everything we found on the internet. I came across a maintenance software with good reviews (and ...  View more

bca4e1c6d86846fbb3d9c15c5f29cc21
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bypass profiles no longer working?

We used to be able to bypass configuration profiles during login by holding down the option key while logging in as an administrator and the clicking on the "Disable Settings" button. Everything was working great until last week... now even though we...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dismiss Notifications on the JSS

Hello, I thought I had this figured out... I have an item in the JSS Notifications (DEP Expired notice) that I do not know how to remove. I made sure that my account has the permission to "Dismiss Notifications" under JSS Actions but I still do not s...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple TV Issues

Hi All! Hi, We had an issue with out Apple TV's renaming themselves (adding numbers after name) and we fixed it by creating a separate network and putting a password on the Apple TV to airplay. We distributed both the Network (uninterrupted connectio...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Waiting Room package goes bye bye??

We have a policy that first "Caches" a 5GB package, then runs recon, and then becomes in scope for the "Install cached" Self Service policy. A funny thing happened. The 5GB package completed download to /Library/Application Support/JAMF/Downloads fol...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automating Disabling App Nap for Specific Apps

I'm trying to disable App Nap for one specific app on all of my clients. I tried using defaults and plistbuddy to accomplish this but couldn't figure out how to format things correctly or how to generate the hex value that is entered in the data port...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetSUS and NBI creation with Sierra

Hello All! I am quite new to JAMF Nation as my organization has just signed up for Casper. I am trying to figure my way through establishing a Netboot/Netsus server and I am running into some issues in an attempt to create a netboot image (.nbi) to e...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scoping Policies Question

Is there a way to scope policies so that the policy is available to specific computers and specific LDAP users groups? For instance, I want to setup Self-Service to be available on all Faculty machines, but then an LDAP user from our IT group can run...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Weird printer policy error

I have one computer that is giving me the following message when trying to run a printer policy: [STEP 1 of 4]Executing Policy Xerox Centralized Print Queue[STEP 2 of 4]Mapping Printer Xerox Centralized Printing...CUPS error 1030: No such file or dir...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pre-Stage Enrollment and DEP

Hi Folks, With our DEP up and running, I am trying to find a new work flow with DEP and pre-stage enrollments. What I have is our pre-stage enrollment working fine, but I am missing a step, post flight script or something else. When the computer is b...  View more

• 22 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS in DMZ

Hi everyone... single little problem with the process of getting a JSS in a DMZ... So far, my internal server (jss1) is up and running since a couple of years no problem. Added another JSS (jss2) in a dmz. jss2 is connected to my internet database no...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Browser add on apps, and issues with VPN Services

Good morning,I have racked my brain trying to figure this out. I have effectively restricted about 100 different pieces of software that are not part of our typical deployment for our students. Since all torrents and most vpn clients have been killed...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lastest Adobe Reader DC won't install on Sierra

When I try to push the latest Adobe Reader DC (15.020.20039) to our computers on macOS Sierra, I get the following message: The computer does not meet the OS Requirements for the package Adobe Acrobat Reader DC-15.020.20039.pkg. However, if I pull th...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recommended method(s) for software updates?

I'm curious how everyone is doing their software updates for the following types of software... Mac operating systemMac App Store softwareOther software(Adobe software, Firefox, Google Chrome, Office, etc) The end user experience is what I'm mostly f...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

"The Installation Failed"

Hi All, I have a .PKG file that was extracted from a .DMG. I imported the .PKG into Composer, converted to source, made no changes (just to test), selected the Source file, clicked "Build as a .PKG". File seemed to build ok. When I install the new .P...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restore Built-in iOS Apps when using Managed apple IDs

Hi All,We have one grade level using "Managed Apple IDs" from ASM, which by design do not work in App Store.Some of these students have managed to delete (or hide) built-in IOS apps: iBooks is a good example.The direction to get these back is to re-d...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors