Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

New iMac won't boot from external USB drive

Hi All,I always carry a bootable USB drive which has OS X 10.9.5 installed for my troubleshooting and quick reimaging job if I need to. Recently I received some iMacs which came with OS X 10.11. And I found when I connect my USB drive and tried to bo...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS in DMZ

Hi... just a quick question... We have internal JSS works fine... We want to have external JSS so devices can check in etc... but we are allowed to only have one JSS name configure on devices to report to... lets say JSS1.company.com So i assume we c...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Flash- Always Enable in Sierra?

Hi All! In Sierra anytime a user needs to use Flash in Safari it will pop up an error and the error must be clicked to "ok" flash for that webpage. I am not looking forward to having request to install Flash on a system when it is really there. Does ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration Profile for Proxy Settings

Hello all, first post on the boards, been lurking for a few years. 9.93 Introduced a new Configuration Profile specific to Proxy settings. I have been attempting to use these to configure our managed systems for "Enable Automatic Proxy Configuration"...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Screensaver and Password Policy

Hi Everyone, We have been using a script to enforce a screensaver and password policy for a while, but, in recently doing routine testing of our base security policies, we found that the policy only worked superficially. Example-- I will change my sc...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

SAML SSO for Google G-Suite (Google Apps for Work)

From the Google Apps Console add a new SAML App Download the XML file from Google Apps ACS URL = https://yourjss.com/saml/SSO Entity ID = https://yourjss.com/saml/metadata Name ID = Primary Email From the Single Sign-On settings in JAMF set Identity ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Restricted Software

Hi, I came across an issue with restricted software. I have noticed that I can only restrict software like (FaceTime, Messages, AppStore, & Email) for students when I also have the configuration profile set to only allow certain apps to run. If I jus...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Convert MySQL MyISAM to MySQL InnoDB

This was mentioned in the presentation as it moves from a table lock to row lock process. Wondering if any have done this and what steps you took to complete. We have found references:http://www.ryadel.com/en/mysql-convert-all-tables-of-one-or-more-d...  View more

• 44 replies
  • 0 kudos

On Managed iPads, Instructors can't clear Safari Cache

Good Day I have a bunch of iPads which I mange using Apple Configurator and Jamf.I created the IOS policy with all that I want restricted. The Instructor is complaining that they are unable to clear the cache. I have checked my settings but I can't f...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf & UC San Diego Health

I just saw this article on MacRumors showing a whole hospital doing near precisely what we're doing in my school district, and so naturally I'm dying to peek under the hood and see how they implemented this deployment. In our case there was quite a l...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Missed JNUC opportunity on namebadges

It would be awesome to have attendee information QR codes on the name badges that fellow attendees could have scanned to get networking/contact info from each other. No need to carry/swap business cards. Instant contact info. Additionally, make it a ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple configurator 2 Blueprints location

Hi , does anyone know where Apple configurator 2 keeps its settings ? i wanted to backup those settings individually to ensure i keep a copy of the created blueprints etc, and also so that i can share between 2 machines used to manage a iPad trolley ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Teacher supervision of student iMacs?

We are currently using ARD for our lab teachers to be able to view student computers (iMacs running El Capitan) which is MUCH more than what they need and causes more problems than it's worth.. We are looking for an easier solution, I am familiar wit...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

JDS File Access and Permissions

Hello, It has come to our attention that files stored on a JDS are world readable if someone knows the URL. This seems like a security risk since people can scan your JDSs and potentially "borrow" your software. The only way we have been able to figu...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Set DNS Servers for VPN Profile

I need to push out a VPN payload that has its DNS servers set manually (Advanced/DNS under VPN settings in System Preferences) Is there a way to set the DNS servers for a VPN via script or terminal command?  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf pro server

So since jss (jamf software server) is no longer correct. Is jamf pro server (jps) a correct description? Or is everything (server, apps, employees, etc) all just "jamf" Ex:"I'm going to log into jamf""Which jamf? The Pro server or jamf nation? "  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

Student Techs: Say What Now?!

Hi, Our K-12 district is gathering information about starting a program to "employ" students as technicians to help with first line support on iPads. A few questions are listed below. If you could take some time and answer a few about your program or...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Okta and Jamf users JNUC

Anyone at JNUC using Okta and Casper/JAMF Pro in their environment? We just rolled out SAML through Okta to self enroll users in Casper. Would be curious to talk to some others and hear what you're doing  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

IBM Progress Screen

Is anyone else doing what IBM is doing when the system is first enrolled? The progress screen when all the software is being installed is great. Any thoughts on scripts?  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac@IBM and all admins

I like a lot of what IBM is doing, but one of the things that concern interested parties at my employer is the users with full admin rights and their ability to download their own software and install it. How do they (the mac@IBM team) handle audits ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

UC San Diego Health User Enrollment

Hi, does anyone have more details on how UCSDH used the QR code for user enrollment? I'm assuming they have a system that automatically generates a QR code for a user enrollment link. Mostly asking for technical curiosity.  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.0 Test Drive - Relocated from 8th to 4th Floor

The UX Lab: 10.0 Test Drive can now be found on the 4th floor just down the hall from the UX and Project Management booths (look for the banner). If you have an itch to get a closer look at the new 10.0 makeover, join Dan and Adam for a sneak peak of...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

JNUC patch repeat session

Hi JNUC-ers! We know that a lot of people wanted to see our patch management sessions and weren't able to make it because of conflicts or space—especially the "Behind the Scenes" expert session that our engineers put on at Open Book. There is a repea...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors