Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Upgrading JSS 8.63 to 9.96 advice, thoughts, gotchas?

Hello, I recently inherited an older JSS at version 8.63. We are looking to upgrade to the latest version. I've never made this big of a jump before. Are there considerations or reservations you could advise on for this jump? Any gotchas? Tips or bes...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to get extension attribute in script?

Probably that is super-simple question, but please... How do I get the extension attribute value in the script? There is EA with name, LDAP value $EXTENSIONATTRIBUTE_28, and it provides the correct info. I need to use it in script. Should I send it t...  View more

• 19 replies
  • 0 kudos

API returns limited results via VM

curl -H "Accept: application/xml" -ku "name:topsecretword" "https://myjss.school.edu:8443/JSSResource/advancedcomputersearches/id/94" -X GET This command returns different results if I run it through a VM on my ESXi server. I've tried multiple VMs an...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Symantec vs. Intego

Hey everybody. I apologize if this isn't strictly Casper Suite related, but getting information on this is hard to find from something that isn't a sponsored blog post. We currently use Intego VirusBarrier as our Mac AV client, while our Windows folk...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Require PW after sleep/screensaver is greyed out...

I am very very confused. On our 10.11.5 MacBooks/Mac-Minis, we are having an issue that they are requiring a password after they go to sleep/screensaver. Our users hate this, therefore they hate me. I'm trying very hard to fix this issue. I've found ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Available as webcast of offline?

Will this event be available as a webcast or for download afterwards? Would be great to be able to watch for those of us not being able to attend the JNUC. Ping @talkingmoose  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

macOSSierra & Proxy & JSS 9.96

This is my scenario:a productive work field of 10.11.6 with enterprise proxy settings with authentication.in the laboratory, we simulated a sierra upgrade with the following surprise:When the proxy settings are active, we haven’t access to our jss se...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service broken on iOS v9.96

TO BE CLEAR THE JSS VERSION IS 9.96 NOT iOS SORRY Hi Everyone! Just hoping to pick some brains here, but I'm currently unable to use Selfservice on any mobile device in our company. I get a message which says "Unable to connect to server." I've verif...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

No User Photo on Shared iPads

I configured Casper to enable users photos with Custom Image URLs.Everything is ok, I see the pictures in Casper, in Apple Classroom but not on the shared iPads. Is there anyone with a solution ? :)  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

SMTP server and Office 365

I am trying to setup out JSS to relay messages out to Office 365. All of our mailboxes are in the cloud.I have it setup to use smtp.office365.com on port 587 with SSL. Anyone else set this up and have any info. I keep getting an error when sending a ...  View more

• 19 replies
  • 1 kudos

Promote Standard account to Admin Account

Hello all, We have been having huge issues with the standard account; cannot update software(Chrome), cannot add personal network printers, cannot add WiFi, etc. So it was the consensus to promote the standard account to an Admin account. I am hoping...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 1 kudos

No Approval for Museum.

Just got this email: The Chanhassen, Minnesota City Council voted late yesterday to table the measure which would have permitted Paisley Park to open as a museum starting this Thursday, October 6. We will email you with updates very soon. We're proba...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installing SEP 12.1 RU6 MP6 Managed Silently?

I got the newest version from our security team, and it came with a few components: Symantec Endpoint Protection Installer.app Additional Resources SEP.mpkg sep.slf serdef.dat setAid.ini setup.ini SyLink.xml If I launch "Symantec Endpoint Protection ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable Netboot?

Hello Everybody! We are looking to disable booting into our Netboot partition. A user managed to find his way to the Netboot partition on his workstation by holding the option key during startup - I think he was trying to throw a PRAM reset? Anyway, ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Passwords in Exchange Account Config Profiles

Anyone having issues with passwords not making their way to iPads from Configuration Profiles? We run a script that creates the profile for each student with password that worked like a charm until iOS 10. In the iOS dev docs, it indicates that the P...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Erreur lors du déploiement du Self Service

Bonjour, Nous souhaitons déployer l'application "Self Service" sur nos tablettes, mais nous rencontrons une erreur lors de l'installation de celle-ci: " L'identifiant ITunes Store de l'application n'a pu être validé ". Pourtant, tous les ports réseau...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Block "Upgrade to Sierra" Notification

Does anyone know how to prevent Notification Centre from advertising this update?It looks like Apple have recently made this pop up, and despite blocking the process and preventing the download from the app store (as per other threads), I'd like to b...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to disable macOS Sierra

We want our user not able to upgrade there OS. What is the correct policy so our user will not able to download or upgrade there OS. Last time we use this policy but user are able to download the latest Os Seirra..  View more

8bd6953bd18143bfa07b8402343c04f3 145edefcf2ab4f56826b92787ddb6a81 c89d45cf54754774965741a1b6cd4f9a 7e8fd0bef5b548d7af200579fe1ad517
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Tomcat Manager

I'm looking for advice on installing Tomcat Manager on a multi context JSS.Running on ubuntu 14.04 with tomcat that comes with the JSS installer and using jssmanager.shHas anyone done this?  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mobile Accounts in macOS Sierra

It's been a long time since I've posted and I'm not doing much of the Mac management at my institution anymore........ but where did the Mobile Accounts go? I upgraded a 10.11.5 test machine to 10.12, my network home is mapped but the HomeSync icons ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Macbook pro 2014 efi disabled Help

So i have my macbook pro 2014 that is efi disabled for 60mins. I got it from a co worker and i do know the pin but whatever startup option i choose it will just bring me back to the start up screen saying it is disabled for 60mins. Ill wait the 60min...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Font Removal Script

Quick question. I have a script that removes the Gotham font family from users computer. I know that it could be a little dangerous using the wildcard but it seems to work ok. Here is the problem that I am running up against. The script works great w...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors